New Plug-in from ujam – who wants the RE?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Do YOU want CARBON as Rack Extension???

Poll ended at 07 Nov 2019

Yes
77%
No
23%

Total votes: 31
ujam-instruments
RE Developer

31 Oct 2019

Hey everyone,

we’re proud to announce our latest release: Virtual Guitarist CARBON.

CARBON is for sound designers and musicians who go beyond borders. It’s an otherworldly guitar for game soundtracks and film scores, but can also give electronic and pop music that extra kick. It’s a wild and heavily distorted sound, yet that rawness is somehow precise, controlled and sometimes even synth-like at the same time.

Check out the product video and sound examples on our YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/li3G571cujY

Here’s our request: Do YOU want CARBON as Rack Extension???
Let us know in the poll if we should start developing it.

Best,
Jannik from ujam

eusti

31 Oct 2019

Nice one! Will the other virtual guitarists get the instrument mode as well, Jannik?

D.

diminished
Competition Winner

31 Oct 2019

fjeden alder
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

ujam-instruments
RE Developer

31 Oct 2019

eusti wrote:
31 Oct 2019
Nice one! Will the other virtual guitarists get the instrument mode as well, Jannik?

D.
It’s on our roadmap, I can’t promised a release date though.

PGR

31 Oct 2019

I like the new instrument mode!

Nirude

31 Oct 2019

I am interested.
I dont know how to play the guitar but for now I´ve been using A-list el.guitarist.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj6vPy5xtcQ)

Let´s see, if there will not be a RE, maybe have to buy the VST.
3d man.

eusti

31 Oct 2019

ujam-instruments wrote:
31 Oct 2019
eusti wrote:
31 Oct 2019

D.
It’s on our roadmap, I can’t promised a release date though.
That is great news! :)

D.

Loque

31 Oct 2019

I am not sure about it. Wouldn't buy anything newin the next time. But i was looking for some good(!) heavy metal stuff since a while now... And than i always prefer a RE...
Reason12, Win10

motuscott

31 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
31 Oct 2019
i always prefer a RE...
Agreed
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Soeno

31 Oct 2019

129 Euro - make the the RE pls, will buy next yeear

xboix

31 Oct 2019

A bit of a pointless question to ask on a Reason forum! We're hardly going to say "no".

Personally I prefer VSTs to REs but I still support an RE version being made available.

superpop

31 Oct 2019

Yes, the RE. I have all uJam drums and guitars REs. Don't care about VST.

VariableX

31 Oct 2019

This looks great! i'd prefer RE too.
$20 and i buy yesterday, $120 is never going to happen. I can have the Papin Explorer bundle for $99 ( seriously looking at doing this for some new toys to pique my creativity )

BananaSkins

31 Oct 2019

A lot of developers offer If you buy their VST version you get the RE version free - and vice verse.

Will you Ujam?

gullum

31 Oct 2019

I play guitar myself in all songs and I also do have an 8 string, so I do not need it but I'm sure many other will need it

ShelLuser

31 Oct 2019

Oh My Reason :lol:
ujam-instruments wrote:
31 Oct 2019
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! :thumbs_up:

First of all: Awesome of you guys to use the Reason forum like this, I have a seriously soft spot for devs. who actually interact and talk to their users.

So.. owning pretty much every RE you released I.. wait... Ok, rephrase: so owning all RE's you guys released I know what I could expect here and honestly? I'd love to have this within my Reason rack. As a kid I was seriously into heavy metal / hardrock and although the wilder years are long behind me I'd love the opportunity to plug this gizmo into my rack to try and go wild! :puf_bigsmile:

My personal reason for wanting this into Reason (some pun intended) is because I don't really 'do' VST's anymore after having picked up on Komplete. In other words... despite having 'Electric Sunburst' at my disposal (+ Guitar Rig 5 :shock: ) I'd love to have this expansion as well. Because it will be different, it'll fit in with the Reason workflow and it'll rock :cool:

... it'll be easy to find too! :puf_bigsmile:

(you guys are are at the bottom of my Instrument browser, so when I need your Virtual Bassist for example I simply drag all the way down, a little up and b00m).

Nice poll! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
--- :reason:

gregmarksimpson

16 Apr 2020

ujam-instruments wrote:
31 Oct 2019
Let us know in the poll if we should start developing it.
Did you ever start developing this? Please let us know UJAM. I don't wanna buy the VST version and then find if I'd just waited a little while longer I could have bought the much nicer RE version instead!! :)

1reasonable

17 Apr 2020

I’ve got both RE’s and VST versions, and although with an RE, it fits in the rack rather than just a floating VST window, certainly the VG Carbon VST is something I don’t regret buying. It certainly brings out your inner Axe attitude(!) and you can drag and drop interesting riffs direct to the sequencer, which can then be edited as you see fit. I’ve spent a lot of time just jamming in instrument mode! Have a go at the demo.
…………………………………………………………………

:reason: 11.3.6 ,  iMac Intel Core i5 (late 2012) OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra

gregmarksimpson

17 Apr 2020

1reasonable wrote:
17 Apr 2020
I’ve got both RE’s and VST versions, and although with an RE, it fits in the rack rather than just a floating VST window, certainly the VG Carbon VST is something I don’t regret buying. It certainly brings out your inner Axe attitude(!) and you can drag and drop interesting riffs direct to the sequencer, which can then be edited as you see fit. I’ve spent a lot of time just jamming in instrument mode! Have a go at the demo.
I've just tried demoing the VSTs but they don't work on my machine. I'm running Reason 10 on a Mac Pro that cannot run higher than Mac OS X 10.7.5. The VST plugins don't run, they need a newer OS.

My only option to run these UJAM instruments would be if they ported them to the current RE SDK, as rack devices based on that do still run on my computer OS.

WOO

26 Apr 2020

I do

rare_shadow
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2020

Jannik, Have you already decided if you are going to release a RE version of Carbon? I'm wondering if I should wait buying the VST version.

Kalm

27 Apr 2020

These are so much easier to deal with in RE format just from the trigger CV In and outs alone
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

• Information