Using Shape as an envelope for Noise Engineering extensions

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
DoctoralHermit

01 Oct 2019

Hey all! I'm trying to use Shape as an envelope for a Noise Engineering extension (Loquelic Iteritas Vereor). I attach Loquelic's envelope output to the CV input of Shape, and then I set shape to the Trigger One Shot setting. However, as I play notes, Shape seems to trigger only on the first key press, but not subsequent ones. Any idea how to fix this?

zoidkirb

01 Oct 2019

DoctoralHermit wrote:
01 Oct 2019
Hey all! I'm trying to use Shape as an envelope for a Noise Engineering extension (Loquelic Iteritas Vereor). I attach Loquelic's envelope output to the CV input of Shape, and then I set shape to the Trigger One Shot setting. However, as I play notes, Shape seems to trigger only on the first key press, but not subsequent ones. Any idea how to fix this?
I own midi-cv converter and sit it on top of the synth and send a cv cable down to the shape cv in, which does the job. Midi-cv converter should be set to poly mode. There may be other ways. Have you tried taking the env out of the synth but with a release time of zero and feeding that into the shape?

Loque

01 Oct 2019

Can Shape react on Notes in a Combinator? Is it enabled?

If not, you can add a RPG8 with no connections and grap the gate from the back as a trigger. You should disable arpegiates if you just want the gate signal.
Reason12, Win10

zoidkirb

02 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
01 Oct 2019
Can Shape react on Notes in a Combinator? Is it enabled?

If not, you can add a RPG8 with no connections and grap the gate from the back as a trigger. You should disable arpegiates if you just want the gate signal.
I tried them both in a combi together, and by default, shape has 'receive midi notes' off by default. Once it's turned on you're good to go.

Loque

02 Oct 2019

Thanks for bringing Shape back into my mind. Brings indeed a good movement into the NE devices. Here is the patch i just played around with (R11 required).
Attachments
loquelicpad.zip
(5.66 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Reason12, Win10

DoctoralHermit

28 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
02 Oct 2019
Thanks for bringing Shape back into my mind. Brings indeed a good movement into the NE devices. Here is the patch i just played around with (R11 required).
Thank you! This is exactly what I'm trying to do. How did you get Shape to trigger from the combinator notes?

• Information