Liquidsonics Seventh Heaven issue

Discuss VST stuff here!
reddust

27 Oct 2019

Hi,

I bought the VST Plugin Seventh Heaven from Liquidsonics today and I can't find it anywhere on my devices lists inside Reason.

The activation ran through iLok Cloud and I can find the plugin in Ableton Live without a problem, but Reason won't show it anywhere.

I've checked the plugin paths in Reason and the installation path is included, I've restarted Reason several times, I've restarted my PC too, I've run iLok License Manager in the background while opening Reason, I've uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it again and still no Seventh Heaven on my devices list inside Reason, anyone knows about similar problems with this VST or with iLok that could be the sourcve of this issue?

selig
RE Developer

27 Oct 2019

reddust wrote:
27 Oct 2019
Hi,

I bought the VST Plugin Seventh Heaven from Liquidsonics today and I can't find it anywhere on my devices lists inside Reason.

The activation ran through iLok Cloud and I can find the plugin in Ableton Live without a problem, but Reason won't show it anywhere.

I've checked the plugin paths in Reason and the installation path is included, I've restarted Reason several times, I've restarted my PC too, I've run iLok License Manager in the background while opening Reason, I've uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it again and still no Seventh Heaven on my devices list inside Reason, anyone knows about similar problems with this VST or with iLok that could be the sourcve of this issue?
Make sure you're running the VST 2.4 version and not the VST 3.0 version (Reason can't run VST 3.0 plugins).
Selig Audio, LLC

reddust

27 Oct 2019

Forget it, I just found out what the problem was... it seems like it's not enough to add where the VST plugin installs but you need to also include the custom library path into Reason's scan folder, which in my case was in the common files folder with the name of the company, liquidsonics, after including this path and restarting Reason the plugin appeared, I hope this may help other users here having similar issues

reddust

27 Oct 2019

selig wrote:
27 Oct 2019
reddust wrote:
27 Oct 2019
Hi,

Make sure you're running the VST 2.4 version and not the VST 3.0 version (Reason can't run VST 3.0 plugins).
Thanks Selig, I actually installed them both in case Reason some day supports VST3 so I don't need to install them again and also in case I decide to use a second DAW that might support VST3 for any purpose

reggie1979

28 Oct 2019

I honestly struggle with all the paths sometimes.

reddust

29 Oct 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
28 Oct 2019
I honestly struggle with all the paths sometimes.
Same here, I actually tried to keep my plugins organized and made my own path on my pc but I ended up having a lot of paths to scan because I install libraries in an external hard drive while light weight plugins in my chosen folder on the pc.

But then again each new plugin tells me it needs to install some extra stuff in the common files folder or somewhere else to work properly and I end up not changing that path because I'm afraid the plugin might not work if I do and then some other plugin wants to be updated every month and in one of these updates I forget to tell him where my chosen folder is and it ends up installing in the weird VST/Steinberg default folder so I end up having 8 or 10 different paths on the Reason configuration to get everything working properly :lol:

selig
RE Developer

29 Oct 2019

Enough about installation, and glad you got it sorted - how does it sound?
Huge fan of Liquidsonics Reverberate, so wondering how this one sounds. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

reddust

30 Oct 2019

selig wrote:
29 Oct 2019
Enough about installation, and glad you got it sorted - how does it sound?
Huge fan of Liquidsonics Reverberate, so wondering how this one sounds. :)
I'm loving it, I find the sound really neat and clean and it sounds very professional too, I think I'm going to use it very often. I have used it for string instruments the most so far (acoustic guitars, violins and cellos, slide guitar...) and applied it also to the voice but the song I'm working on now is very slow and has an american folk touch to it so for the voice I finally went with Valhallas VintageVerb, which worked better in this case, though I think it was only faster to get to the point I needed, I think tweaking Seventh Heaven a little bit more would have given me similar results.

I would like to upgrade some day to seventh heaven professional but I haven't seen any upgrade plans on their website, it looks like they handle these as two completely different products.

• Information