Rapid synth

Discuss VST stuff here!
Popey
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2019

I may have been living under a rock with this one but recently been working on a track with someone and they loaded a synth called rapid which i had never heard of before. I thought I had more than enough synths but this one was a bit different as you can add lots of layers and also input midi to the arpeggiator (eg chords etc). You may already know about it but thought I would mention it and just bought it myself.

Marc64

27 Oct 2019

Never heard of it either but I had a look and that one looks like a beast.
gonna try the demo

riemac

27 Oct 2019

I've an eye on Rapid as well. What turned me off in the past was the ugly user Interface, but Rapid 1.7 is just around the corner with a really nice new skin.
Maybe I'll buy it black friday.

Popey
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2019

riemac wrote:
27 Oct 2019
I've an eye on Rapid as well. What turned me off in the past was the ugly user Interface, but Rapid 1.7 is just around the corner with a really nice new skin.
Maybe I'll buy it black friday.
I don't think I have seen the new skin but if you click on the name rapid on the synth you can change the user interface or rescale the vst etc

Edit: just seen the 1.7 user interface and it looks mint, better than all the current interfaces (although some of the existing ones are ok for me).

Marc64

27 Oct 2019

Played around with the demo version and D*mn what a synth!!!

Popey
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2019

Marc64 wrote:
27 Oct 2019
Played around with the demo version and D*mn what a synth!!!
Ha ha pretty much the same reaction I had when first using it and I only touched the surface of what you can do with it in my brief session with my friend. I have just been watching the ruta sound videos and can see myself spending a fair amount of time getting with grips with all this beast of a synth is capable of. I just cannot believe I had never heard of it before and that it has flown under the radar.

EnochLight

27 Oct 2019

Popey wrote:
27 Oct 2019
I may have been living under a rock with this one but recently been working on a track with someone and they loaded a synth called rapid which i had never heard of before. I thought I had more than enough synths but this one was a bit different as you can add lots of layers and also input midi to the arpeggiator (eg chords etc). You may already know about it but thought I would mention it and just bought it myself.
Just out of curiosity, is this the "new GUI/UX"? Or is this the old one? Because I am totally not feeling this GUI/UX:

https://parawave-audio.com/rapid_synth

rapid_synth.jpg
rapid_synth.jpg (916.57 KiB) Viewed 1641 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Popey
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2019

EnochLight wrote:
27 Oct 2019
Popey wrote:
27 Oct 2019
Just out of curiosity, is this the "new GUI/UX"? Or is this the old one? Because I am totally not feeling this GUI/UX:

https://parawave-audio.com/rapid_synth

rapid_synth.jpg
Hi enochlight that is the old gui but even that can be changed. The new one can be seen in this video.

Edit: just fyi this gui is not available yet but if you look on YouTube there is probably examples of other gui you can change the current version to

EnochLight

27 Oct 2019

Popey wrote:
27 Oct 2019
Hi enochlight that is the old gui but even that can be changed. The new one can be seen in this video.

Edit: just fyi this gui is not available yet but if you look on YouTube there is probably examples of other gui you can change the current version to
Ahhh cool - thanks! Yeah, the new GUI/UX looks a lot nicer, IMHO. I've never heard of this synth, so thanks for sharing! The layering feature looks cool.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Popey
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2019

No problem. There aren't that many new things that make me buy them nowadays but I was really impressed with this and I haven't even got started with the glitch efx etc. Its only things like this synth and interesting vst's like portal that makes me open my wallet as I am covered in most areas.

miscend

28 Oct 2019

There was some noise around Rapid synth prior to release but then it came out at the same time as Vengeance's Avenger. Then quickly got buried by all the hype around Avenger.

At the time I did try the demo, the presets were really impressive, many of them are layered one finger sequences you could use to make a complete song. But the raw sound character of the oscs/filters/envs is quite vanilla and nothing on Spire or Dune in my opinion.

Popey
Competition Winner

30 Oct 2019

For anyone interested the free 1.7 update of rapid is now available with the new gui, 3 new oscillator effects, 3 new lp filter effects, 4 new reverb models and you can now use rapid as an fx (the fx version is a seperate plugin with a selection of presets). Not at home to try yet but thought I would let people know as just got email. Changes are as below

Additions:
New oscillator insert effect: Sync Bend A & B.
New oscillator insert effect: Organic Drift.
New filter: Lowpass-Pro 12dB and 24dB.
New filter: Xtreme Lowpass II.
New insert: Attack Booster.
New insert: Lowpass Highpass 12dB. Serial & Parallel.
New Reverb models: Nuclear, Solar, Nova and Space.
New Talker FX formant modes "Mate", "Babe" and "Daft".
Modulations targets now show an icon in the top left corner when routed.
Routing amount is now directly settable from the corresponding target knob.
Solo layers. Right-click the layer button LED to toggle solo states. Holding Command-key (CTRL) to un-solo all.
BPM synced rates in modulators and other modules are now routable as target.
Oscillator context menu now contains a reset function.
New Option: One-Click loading of sound presets within the preset browser.
Quickly change dropdown parameters with Command-key (CTRL) plus Left- or Right-click to select the previous or next parameter value.
Changes:
Increased modulation value interpolation accuracy.
Increates sub-buffer midi offset accuracy.
Smoother UI parameter change interpolation.
Voice stealing now has an immediate effect on active voices according to the voice limit.
Improved voice stealing heuristic, so oldest voices are robbed first.
Arpeggiator timing is now modulatable.
If a routing entry gets in focus, the position is now always in a visible area.
Reordered context menu entries in the routing target selection.
Additional DC Filter on Glitch declick values greater than 50%.
Increased layer name character maximum to 10.
Fixes:
Very high MIDI mode arpeggiator loops used an invalid note index.
MIDI note events are now cleared when switching from a preset with MIDI data to one without.
MB Saturator. Corrected per band ring modulator phases.
Moving the sequence loop point now avoids unpredictable jumps.
When changing BPM synced rates in modulators the index now continues at the correct position.
Sequences now begin at the start of each step when using a mode with random phase.
Arpeggiator phase in UI now shows a more precise shuffle timing.
Arpeggiator MIDI note off events at the end of the sequence, on rare occasions, were not triggered correctly.
Improved monophonic voice mode. Phases and envelopes now continue smoothly when retriggering a note.
Improved fade out of robbed voice release state when the voice limit is reached.
After reloading, Ensemble FX damping was only updated when changing the knob value.
Time based effect interpolations are now correctly initialized on preset/state change.
Visual:
Added new "Modern" theme as default.
Replaced and unified all fonts.
Moved master compressor display up and band control knobs down.
Changed layout of master modifiers.
Added beat markers to trancegate display.
Arpeggiator note tooltip shows note key value and velocity percent.
Increased frame count of knobs and wheels.
Polaris and Crimson theme don't use pattern backgrounds anymore.
Replaced "Gold" theme with "Titanium".
Removed "Paradise" and "Retro" theme.
Various layout adjustments of knob and label positions.
Various small pixel enhancement and rounded corners.
Various color adjustments in different color themes.
Style Data version changed to 1.7.

miscend

05 Nov 2019

Aiyn Zahev has a video on the update and does a give away.

• Information