BeatStep Pro and Reason

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
zrav

26 Jan 2019

Koshdukai wrote:
21 Sep 2015
as you may suspect, I own a BeatStep Pro so naturally I'll end up doing a specific Remote Codec+Map for it when I find the time. It'll supersede this solution with the generic multi-channel Codec
Hi, have you ever gotten around to creating this dedicated Codec+Map?
Cheers

Koshdukai

26 Jan 2019

zrav wrote:
26 Jan 2019
Koshdukai wrote:
21 Sep 2015
as you may suspect, I own a BeatStep Pro so naturally I'll end up doing a specific Remote Codec+Map for it when I find the time. It'll supersede this solution with the generic multi-channel Codec
Hi, have you ever gotten around to creating this dedicated Codec+Map?
Cheers
I ended up using my generic MIDI Channel-aware codec because I couldn't see any advantage of doing a specific one for the Control part of it.

zetty

23 Oct 2019

Can you pair BSP's sequencer pads to Redrum's? Using it in a controller mode and recording through Reason..

Koshdukai

23 Oct 2019

zetty wrote:
23 Oct 2019
Can you pair BSP's sequencer pads to Redrum's? Using it in a controller mode and recording through Reason..
Yes, just be sure to know or set the BSP's MIDI Channels and choose the equivalent Codec with the matching MIDI Channel.

Example: I've Seq 1 on Ch.1, Seq 2 on Ch.2, Control Mode on Ch.3 and Drum on Ch.10
So, that's 4 Reason Remote Surfaces for MIDI Channel's 1, 2, 3 and 10
Locked the Ch.3 one to a Kong, selected Control Mode in the BSP and recorded a beat, no problem.

An additional check, be sure that the BSP pads are sending the correct MIDI Notes, if you're planing to play ReDrum, Kong, etc.

For ReDrum's MIDI Spec and note range, check the last page of this doc
http://cdn.propellerheads.se/Reason6/Re ... 0Chart.pdf
Last edited by Koshdukai on 06 Jul 2022, edited 1 time in total.

zetty

24 Oct 2019

Thanks for the quick and detailed answer! I don't own it yet, just wanted to know if it'd work as if clicking with a mouse on Redrum pads.. Cause I really want to offload that function to a physical surface. If it can only record on a track, that wouldn't be good for me.

Koshdukai

24 Oct 2019

I didn't say it "could only record on a track".

If you want to map the BSP's step buttons to the step buttons of ReDrum, you can as well, through Reason's Remote Override or with some patience you can make your own Remote Map, etc...

It'll be DIY, there's nothing already done with the specifics you need, but it can be done.

• Information