Reason 11.0.1

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chrischrischris

24 Oct 2019

Last edited by chrischrischris on 24 Oct 2019, edited 1 time in total.

pongasoft
RE Developer

24 Oct 2019

It's actually Reason 11.0.1...

gullum

24 Oct 2019

it is a maintenance update only fixing some bugs like the all reason freeze on sond no visual feedback (big visual feddback RE's like GQ7)

chimp_spanner

24 Oct 2019

A *big* thing it also addresses is incorrect PDC for the Reason Rack Plugin effect. So parallel compression and the like is back on the cards if you use another host. Which is great news!

chrischrischris

24 Oct 2019

pongasoft wrote:
24 Oct 2019
It's actually Reason 11.0.1...
Cheers;)

EnochLight

24 Oct 2019

PSA/heads up:

This maintenance update fixes some nasty bugs, but there's also one on Windows that lingers. If you have a VST window locked open when you try to render a loop, it will freeze up Reason. Make sure your VST window is closed before rendering audio!

* Thanks to Navi for discovering this.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

PhillipOrdonez

24 Oct 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
24 Oct 2019
A *big* thing it also addresses is incorrect PDC for the Reason Rack Plugin effect. So parallel compression and the like is back on the cards if you use another host. Which is great news!
It does? Does it fix the 64 from barely using the plugin? Or the failure to report the delay generated by the devices in the rack? Or both?

EnochLight

24 Oct 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
24 Oct 2019
chimp_spanner wrote:
24 Oct 2019
It does? Does it fix the 64 from barely using the plugin? Or the failure to report the delay generated by the devices in the rack? Or both?
It fixes the effect rack not being reported right part, so you can now do parallel channels without phasing. It still (correctly) reports 64 samples for the Instrument rack, though.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

chimp_spanner

24 Oct 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
24 Oct 2019
chimp_spanner wrote:
24 Oct 2019
Yeah so when instanced as an effect plugin (insert or send), the host will now adjust correctly for any latency added by devices such as Neptune, BV12, anything that introduces latency.

When it comes to the instrument I believe...it's reporting latency correctly (as before) but I haven't figured out if the +64 samples thing is still an issue. My testing wasn't entirely scientific (literally just importing a drum sample, and then playing that same sample at the same time through a selection of dram samplers like Battery, Groove Agent, Impact XT and Kong). I heard some very mild/subtle combing/flanging with Kong *but* interestingly, I got the same result with Impact XT and to the best of my knowledge no-one has flagged this up. So I think unless you're layering drums between Reason and audio events on the timeline or other samplers, you probably won't hear or notice any problem. The effect plugin functionality was the most important part for me so super glad that's fixed!

PhillipOrdonez

24 Oct 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
24 Oct 2019
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
24 Oct 2019

Yeah so when instanced as an effect plugin (insert or send), the host will now adjust correctly for any latency added by devices such as Neptune, BV12, anything that introduces latency.

When it comes to the instrument I believe...it's reporting latency correctly (as before) but I haven't figured out if the +64 samples thing is still an issue. My testing wasn't entirely scientific (literally just importing a drum sample, and then playing that same sample at the same time through a selection of dram samplers like Battery, Groove Agent, Impact XT and Kong). I heard some very mild/subtle combing/flanging with Kong *but* interestingly, I got the same result with Impact XT and to the best of my knowledge no-one has flagged this up. So I think unless you're layering drums between Reason and audio events on the timeline or other samplers, you probably won't hear or notice any problem. The effect plugin functionality was the most important part for me so super glad that's fixed!
They were aware that by simply adding an empty instance, there would be a delay that wasn't reported to the host and one had to manually nudge the track to make it work.

chimp_spanner

24 Oct 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
24 Oct 2019
chimp_spanner wrote:
24 Oct 2019

They were aware that by simply adding an empty instance, there would be a delay that wasn't reported to the host and one had to manually nudge the track to make it work.
Yeah I know that's gone on the effect for sure. I guess just test it and see what results you get. Gotta say I've been writing pretty extensively with it and can't say I've encountered any issues because of it.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 Oct 2019

Nice to see an update. Been waiting for this. Hopefully things will go smoother now.

seqoi

25 Oct 2019

I can confirm that all projects which were freezing on R11 (but worked on R10.4) - are now working correctly in R11 !!!! No freezing in sessions with a lot of RE devices like GQ7 - YEAH!!!!

Also is it just me but after this update my R11 is loading sessions NOTICEABLY faster then previous R11 or R10 ???

EDIT: no nope i am not imagining things. Latest R11 load Reason session with a lot VSTs - noticeably faster then any other previous Reason version. Almost 50% faster ?? No i haven't updated my machine or anything like that. R10.4 is slower in loading sessions. Latest R11 is really faster.

Yonatan

25 Oct 2019

seqoi wrote:
25 Oct 2019
I can confirm that all projects which were freezing on R11 (but worked on R10.4) - are now working correctly in R11 !!!! No freezing in sessions with a lot of RE devices like GQ7 - YEAH!!!!

Also is it just me but after this update my R11 is loading sessions NOTICEABLY faster then previous R11 or R10 ???

EDIT: no nope i am not imagining things. Latest R11 load Reason session with a lot VSTs - noticeably faster then any other previous Reason version. Almost 50% faster ?? No i haven't updated my machine or anything like that. R10.4 is slower in loading sessions. Latest R11 is really faster.
Hope to hear more about that, if same goes for more people? If so, that could potentially even lure some of us R10-users contemplate on an upgrade.

ltbrunt00

25 Oct 2019

I have been using studio one more with the R11 plugin more while I wait for a fix for the freezing issue.

I uninstalled R10 prior to installing R11. I tried to work around the freezing issue but it started happening during all my songs. I figured that they would be releasing update to fix this.

Can't wait to get home to check out the update. Even though I enjoy using S1 with the R11 plugin I am addicted to Reasons workflow and can't stay away to long.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

ltbrunt00

25 Oct 2019

Since they are all in and called Reason Studios I would like to have.

A notation editor. Either they create their own or create integration for one of the other notation products on the market.
A Video editor. Nothing fancy I want to be able sync my audio to video in Reason.
My end goal is to be able to do everything in Reason alone and possibly stop using other DAW software altogether.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

PhillipOrdonez

26 Oct 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
24 Oct 2019
Well... I finally got some time to test this and unfortunately, the effect rack plugin isn't reporting the correct delay to the host, at least in Ableton live 10.

What I did:

duplicated a drum rack instrument and midi
Added an instance of rack plugin
Added 5 instances of the mclass maximiser, all with lookahead turned on (intentionally adding delay without affecting the sound was my goal)
Playing the tracks resulted in a bit of phasing
Froze the tracks and flattened them to audio
Compared waveforms, the one with the reason effect plugin is definitely not aligned with the original loop.
😞

EnochLight

26 Oct 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
26 Oct 2019
chimp_spanner wrote:
24 Oct 2019
Well... I finally got some time to test this and unfortunately, the effect rack plugin isn't reporting the correct delay to the host, at least in Ableton live 10.

What I did:

Added 5 instances of the mclass maximiser, all with lookahead turned on (intentionally adding delay without affecting the sound was my goal)
Compared waveforms, the one with the reason effect plugin is definitely not aligned with the original loop.
😞
When you hover your cursor over the RRP device title bar in Live's Device View, what does the latency in the status bar read? Also, are you using RRP as a return on an audio track with it routed back to the audio track with the respective Send on the destination track active?

PhillipOrdonez

27 Oct 2019

EnochLight wrote:
26 Oct 2019
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
26 Oct 2019

What I did:

😞
When you hover your cursor over the RRP device title bar in Live's Device View, what does the latency in the status bar read? Also, are you using RRP as a return on an audio track with it routed back to the audio track with the respective Send on the destination track active?
Did a similar test now. 4 maximizers, Live reports 768 samples. but the sound and the waveform after freezing and flattening is not aligned.

image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/do7mb8h884r75 ... y.png?dl=0

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

28 Oct 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
26 Oct 2019
chimp_spanner wrote:
24 Oct 2019

What I did:

😞
You're processing the audio, so there will be audible differences—one of the tracks is running through effects, they're not identical. But the timing/delay should be correct. Otherwise, with 5 Maximizers, there wouldn't be phasing but an audible delay. Try it with Ozone Maximizer or BV512 in FFT EQ mode for example. Especially with Ozone, which adds a TON of latency, it'd be like adding a DDL-1 if it didn't work. :)

PhillipOrdonez

28 Oct 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
28 Oct 2019
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
26 Oct 2019

What I did:

😞
You're processing the audio, so there will be audible differences—one of the tracks is running through effects, they're not identical. But the timing/delay should be correct. Otherwise, with 5 Maximizers, there wouldn't be phasing but an audible delay. Try it with Ozone Maximizer or BV512 in FFT EQ mode for example. Especially with Ozone, which adds a TON of latency, it'd be like adding a DDL-1 if it didn't work. :)
Even if the maximisers weren't doing anything to the signal at all? 😱

PhillipOrdonez

28 Oct 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
28 Oct 2019
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
26 Oct 2019

What I did:

😞
I tried it again using the maximisers (4 units, all with lookahead on). I also tried with not one but two Ozone 9 maximiser vst on another track. Here is how they line up:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4edjaxf0ik9z ... 2.png?dl=0

Loque

28 Oct 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
28 Oct 2019
MattiasHG wrote:
28 Oct 2019

I tried it again using the maximisers (4 units, all with lookahead on). I also tried with not one but two Ozone 9 maximiser vst on another track. Here is how they line up:

You tried this test in Reason? I know there are some RE that do not or badly report their latency. I wrote to some devs in the past, but i gave up at some point... :(
Reason12, Win10

PhillipOrdonez

28 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
28 Oct 2019
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
28 Oct 2019

You tried this test in Reason? I know there are some RE that do not or badly report their latency. I wrote to some devs in the past, but i gave up at some point... :(
No Loque, I've only tried this in live 10 with the reason rack plugin (RPP) :(

Loque

28 Oct 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
28 Oct 2019
Loque wrote:
28 Oct 2019

No Loque, I've only tried this in live 10 with the reason rack plugin (RPP) :(
Maybe i was no clear enough, can you repeat this test in Reason only?
Reason12, Win10

• Information