Tonicmint ScaleMatrix in the shop.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Vil
RE Developer

22 Oct 2019

You are absolutely right, I will fix it soon! I just have to find a time frame for this.... :)

SoulState

22 Oct 2019

eiresurfer wrote:
22 Oct 2019
I REALLY like the look of this.

But, word of advice, you definitely need to remove the drum track from your YouTube video:
Interesting how peoples taste differ. I liked the drum track; simple and added a little suspense. A bit like a heart beat. :cool:
:reason:

SoulState

22 Oct 2019

Oh, and when does the intro offer end?
Cheers.

Vil
RE Developer

22 Oct 2019

SoulState wrote:
22 Oct 2019
eiresurfer wrote:
22 Oct 2019
I REALLY like the look of this.

But, word of advice, you definitely need to remove the drum track from your YouTube video:
Interesting how peoples taste differ. I liked the drum track; simple and added a little suspense. A bit like a heart beat. :cool:
First time, when I made it, I also love it.... but I made a mistake.. Honestly I couldn't make a decision about the drums and the audio examples levels, so the result was the worst possible....

So when I have a little free time for this...... :)

Vil
RE Developer

22 Oct 2019

SoulState wrote:
22 Oct 2019
Oh, and when does the intro offer end?
Cheers.
The last day of the offer is 3rd of November.
Sorry, I forget to mention this on the product page.

SoulState

22 Oct 2019

Thanks for the reply. Trialling the :re: as we speak :thumbs_up:

seqoi

23 Oct 2019

This is amazing. And i really really like your dark interfaces. Much less pain in my eyes in long sessions.

VariableX

23 Oct 2019

I find the cost of players a bit prohibitive, just my opinion.
Even the intro price. Slap this in at 20 bucks and you sell a boat load. 39 intro and 69 std is too expensive. There are so many ways to do things, so many options, half the stuff I buy doesn't get used and gets forgotten, this isn't to say its not quality stuff its just the nature of the beast, and in these days I can stomach 20 not 39/69.

SoulState

23 Oct 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
23 Oct 2019
Even the intro price. Slap this in at 20 bucks and you sell a boat load. 39 intro and 69 std is too expensive. There are so many ways to do things, so many options, half the stuff I buy doesn't get used and gets forgotten, this isn't to say its not quality stuff its just the nature of the beast, and in these days I can stomach 20 not 39/69.
Yip at 39/69, it's definitely a "considered' purchase. But I can also appreciate the amount of work thats gone into this thing. Flip it over; put it into 'Big scale...exotic scale' mode. The scale choice is huge! :o
Plus does developing a Player Re involve more sweat? :ugeek:

eiresurfer

23 Oct 2019

It's a purchase from me.

You can get some really interesting results when you combine the ScaleMatrix + Lag Range + Dual Arpeggio.

eiresurfer

23 Oct 2019

Also, I'd love to see some CV connections on the back for Scale, Lag Range and Lag Vel Red.

Vil
RE Developer

23 Oct 2019

SoulState wrote:
23 Oct 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
23 Oct 2019
There are many factor, how to price a plugin. Some factors could be public, but some not. And you are right, in many point of view.
Hopefully, the plugins with higher price tag will be tried more offten before buying. (and this is good not just for the users!)

So I can't promise ScaleMatrix will be cheaper then now, but the current sale is not the last sale in this year.
Lets try it, and buy only, if it is for you! :) or buy it on the next sale
SoulState wrote:
23 Oct 2019
But I can also appreciate the amount of work thats gone into this thing.
Thank you!
SoulState wrote:
23 Oct 2019
Flip it over; put it into 'Big scale...exotic scale' mode. The scale choice is huge! :o
I didnt want to milk the users with Addon pack with Japanese scales vol 1. Or it would be better? ;)
SoulState wrote:
23 Oct 2019
Plus does developing a Player Re involve more sweat? :ugeek:
not more sweat, just different sweat... :)

Vil
RE Developer

23 Oct 2019

eiresurfer wrote:
23 Oct 2019
Also, I'd love to see some CV connections on the back for Scale, Lag Range and Lag Vel Red.
Seems like a clear idea, but I didn't think about it.
Thank you!
This is a new point on my todo list!

:)

diminished
Competition Winner

23 Oct 2019

Quick tip:

Step 1) If you have all your scales needed for the song laid out in a ScaleMatrix, apply a controller knob of your keyboard to the scale selector. That way, you can easily switch between sections of your song. Or, draw in the automation if you want.

Step 2) Save your patch and apply it to all ScaleMatrices in the song. Copy that automation data (switching to another key/scale) over to all ScaleMatrix tracks.

Now all your instruments obey to a global chord structure.

If you want to auto-harmonize an instrument, simply add the degrees of the scale to the corresponding ScaleMatrix.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Stygian Abyss

25 Oct 2019

Vil, may I suggest you to create a player rack extension allowing us to use the chord database included in your excellent devices in the opposite way ?

Let's say we have a virtual keyboard with the twelve chromatic notes, a reset button, a selector to choose between your three scale database sizes (Restricted, ChordLine, Extended), and one or several result panels.

All the notes are disabled at device instantiation or when the Remote-accessible reset button is clicked. As usual the notes can be enabled/disabled by a click on the virtual keyboard, but are also enabled whenever the corresponding note is received by midi, whatever the octave it is played on, thus allowing improvisation for keyboardists.

The result panels are updated only when the enabled/disabled state of a note changes, and gives us a list or grid representation of all the tonalities (Tonic + scale) included in the selected version of the database, and including the enabled notes on the virtual keyboard.

I hope my description of what would be an automatic primary musical analysis tool is understandable. :)

Vil
RE Developer

28 Oct 2019

Stygian Abyss wrote:
25 Oct 2019
... may I suggest you to create a player rack extension allowing us to use the chord database included in your excellent devices in the opposite way ?...
Nice idea, thank you! ;)

xboix

28 Oct 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
23 Oct 2019
Most REs are too expensive. I'm prepared to pay more for a VST than an RE because it's more flexible and I'll get more use out of it. And REs are starting to get a bit samey. It's a very crowded market.

I just bought R11 Suite and, honestly, half of the bundled REs are not worth anything to me. And I don't like them being tied to the Reason servers. One day those servers might get turned off.

Loque

28 Oct 2019

xboix wrote:
28 Oct 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
23 Oct 2019
Most REs are too expensive. I'm prepared to pay more for a VST than an RE because it's more flexible and I'll get more use out of it. And REs are starting to get a bit samey. It's a very crowded market.

I just bought R11 Suite and, honestly, half of the bundled REs are not worth anything to me. And I don't like them being tied to the Reason servers. One day those servers might get turned off.
Finally the iLok servers will run for the next 20 years and a VST is much more versatile than a RE - just by definition. And there are less bad VSTs than bad RE. Ok. Thanks for those clear arguments. :lol:
Reason12, Win10

xboix

28 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
28 Oct 2019
Thanks for those clear arguments. :lol:
At least I'm polite enough not to laugh at you.

Loque

28 Oct 2019

xboix wrote:
28 Oct 2019
Loque wrote:
28 Oct 2019
Thanks for those clear arguments. :lol:
At least I'm polite enough not to laugh at you.
Touché :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

Vil
RE Developer

28 Oct 2019

I think, Reason Studios has a longer future.
Please dont be afraid, what will happen, when Reason Studios go out from business. If the userbase is big enough, they must solve this issue. Doesnt matter the year is 2000 or 2222. And there are many options to solve this. (And I think Reason has more and better options for this than iLok.)

Probably we are far from the topic of this thread....

challism

27 Nov 2019

Something I would really love to see added to ScaleMatrix is control on how the chord is played (more than just the lag time). I love the lag time, this is a great feature. But what is missing is the ability to play the chord from the high notes to the low notes. Strumming isn't just downstrokes, we also have upstrokes to consider. And what about Travis picking or other types of picking where you skip or alternate strings? Strum direction controlwould be an excellent thing to include in ScaleMatrix. You could put in another button where "curves" and "monitor" are for "strum" and let the user click the order of the notes to be played.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Travelgood

28 Nov 2019

Is it possible in either Scalematrix or Chordline to turn off the chord function and just play the scale? It would be cool to be able to play melodies over the chord progressions with out having to use another player, like Scales and Chords. Especially because Scales and Chords doesn't have a lot of the exotic scales.
Cranium pharmacists work from home.

diminished
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2019

Travelgood wrote:
28 Nov 2019
Is it possible in either Scalematrix or Chordline to turn off the chord function and just play the scale? It would be cool to be able to play melodies over the chord progressions with out having to use another player, like Scales and Chords. Especially because Scales and Chords doesn't have a lot of the exotic scales.
In ScaleMatrix, yes.

In the picture shown, the second scale (turquoise) plays 7th chords of the C Major scale. After you recorded those, switch to the first scale. See how there is only the first chord note activated? This scale setup will only play single notes from the C Major scale.
scalematrix.JPG
scalematrix.JPG (30.98 KiB) Viewed 7506 times
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

challism

29 Nov 2019

challism wrote:
27 Nov 2019
Something I would really love to see added to ScaleMatrix is control on how the chord is played (more than just the lag time). I love the lag time, this is a great feature. But what is missing is the ability to play the chord from the high notes to the low notes. Strumming isn't just downstrokes, we also have upstrokes to consider. And what about Travis picking or other types of picking where you skip or alternate strings? Strum direction controlwould be an excellent thing to include in ScaleMatrix. You could put in another button where "curves" and "monitor" are for "strum" and let the user click the order of the notes to be played.
I need to withdraw my comment. Apparently it is already built in there. Nicely done, TonicMint!
vii.JPG
vii.JPG (76.98 KiB) Viewed 7463 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information