When Will Reason 11.X AAX be available?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
joeyluck

19 Oct 2019

EnochLight wrote:
19 Oct 2019
hurricane wrote:
30 Sep 2019
I can somewhat understand the AAX delay, but not having the AU version ready for launch is one of the dumbest things they've ever done.
Counterpoint: when the vast majority of computer users are still on Windows (over 75%), was it really one of the dumbest things they’ve ever done?
But you're comparing total computer users versus DAW users. Logic is one of the best selling even with it being on one platform.

Same goes in the theatre world. There are programs for cueing, but QLab that runs only on macOS is by far the best selling and most used. Not quite the same contrast in terms of DAWs and Logic, but just as a point, it has less to do with the overall numbers of OS users.

diminished
Competition Winner

19 Oct 2019

It was a rushed release, no quoted alleged percentage of the user base can change that.

But it is what it is and RS will have to deal with any disappointment and its consequences. Just like mac users have to accept that there is no AU yet.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

EnochLight

19 Oct 2019

joeyluck wrote:
19 Oct 2019
EnochLight wrote:
19 Oct 2019

Counterpoint: when the vast majority of computer users are still on Windows (over 75%), was it really one of the dumbest things they’ve ever done?
But you're comparing total computer users versus DAW users. Logic is one of the best selling even with it being on one platform.

Same goes in the theatre world. There are programs for cueing, but QLab that runs only on macOS is by far the best selling and most used. Not quite the same contrast in terms of DAWs and Logic, but just as a point, it has less to do with the overall numbers of OS users.
I’d love to see the proof in those numbers. When OSX represents less than 15% of total worldwide computer users, I seriously have a hard time believing Logic is the most popular DAW (by sheer force of numbers alone).

And at the end of the day - Reason Studios knows this. They have all of the data. They have the user stats. This clearly suggests the vast majority of their users are on Windows, use VST, etc. And they know VST users far exceed AU (or AAX) users.

Sorry Mac peeps. I know it sucks, but them’s the breaks. ;)

I mean at least they’re working on supporting AU later this year. On an aside, I seriously doubt we’ll see AAX anytime soon, though.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

joeyluck

19 Oct 2019

EnochLight wrote:
19 Oct 2019
joeyluck wrote:
19 Oct 2019

I’d love to see the proof in those numbers. When OSX represents less than 15% of total worldwide computer users, I seriously have a hard time believing Logic is the most popular DAW (by sheer force of numbers alone).

And at the end of the day - Reason Studios knows this. They have all of the data. They have the user stats. This clearly suggests the vast majority of their users are on Windows, use VST, etc. And they know VST users far exceed AU (or AAX) users.

I mean at least they’re working on supporting AU later this year. On an aside, I seriously doubt we’ll see AAX anytime soon, though.
Oh no it's certainly not the most popular. I just said one of the best selling. And you're not wrong, the number of DAWs that support VST collectively far outweigh Logic with AU and Pro Tools with AAX. So yeah, similar in ways to VST3 support. The market of plugins is primarily VST2...and we can point out all the VST3 plugins and need for support, but understandable that VST2 would come first.

tronam

20 Oct 2019

EnochLight wrote:
19 Oct 2019
joeyluck wrote:
19 Oct 2019

Global percentage totals aren't that useful of a metric considering how tiny and specialized audio/music production is in the grand scheme of things. Windows install numbers are heavily padded out by business environments and mainstream general purpose computer users. If we restrict our view to content creation environments like photography or music studios there's a high likelihood it'll be Mac driven, typically running Pro Tools and in many cases they'll also use Logic, often as a MIDI front-end for scoring to picture. Spitifire Audio, the high end orchestral sampling behemoth out of the U.K., has some interesting and detailed studio production videos about this.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

Proboscis

20 Oct 2019

EnochLight wrote:
19 Oct 2019
The OS marketshare figures are not any indicator of specialized users in various fields, particularly creatives and those with a higher disposable income. I know people who run design firms in which all their staff run on Mac. They also suggest that the marketshare for OS in their field is significantly higher than the global statistics. Further to this, last year I also posted a poll on two podcaster's forums to settle a bet, and while the voting was confined to less than 150 people, it was more or less a 50/50 split between Mac/Windows (I actually lost a bet with that outcome :lol: )

That said, I am a Windows user, so there is no bias in this post.

EnochLight

20 Oct 2019

tronam wrote:
20 Oct 2019
EnochLight wrote:
19 Oct 2019

Global percentage totals aren't that useful of a metric considering how tiny and specialized audio/music production is in the grand scheme of things. Windows install numbers are heavily padded out by business environments and mainstream general purpose computer users. If we restrict our view to content creation environments like photography or music studios there's a high likelihood it'll be Mac driven, typically running Pro Tools and in many cases they'll also use Logic, often as a MIDI front-end for scoring to picture. Spitifire Audio, the high end orchestral sampling behemoth out of the U.K., has some interesting and detailed studio production videos about this.
That’s certainly possible, yet, if Mac and Pro Tools users represented the vast majority of Reason customers (as well as potential Reason customers - which - let’s face it - that’s who 11 was targeted at), we most certainly would have seen AU and AAX support at the launch of 11. Don’t think for a second Verdane would have let it happen any other way.

Unless this is all part of some bizarre reverse strategy to not maximize revenue at product launch?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Yonatan

20 Oct 2019

The vst market must be wider?
Many on Mac uses other than Logic, even if they might use Garageband or Logic too.
But all on Windows, use other daws than Logic, not counting the Hackintosh.

Imagine an opposite scenario where RS launched R11 rack AU, with excuses of VST3 somewhere before end of the year. It would just never happen. Although the mobile/pad apps are the other way around.

No matter the facts, there is a hierarchy of priorities. One should think RS knew the stats but it might also be a bit of gut feeling involved

Who knows, might even be AU technical delay that made the R11 release being pushed out earlier than first planned.
Only RS knows, so we keep guessing here, but I believe that if RS could have released vst and AU before end of october, maybe they would have slowed down the release a bit.

Quite obvious that nr 1 focus have been to reach out to the many Ableton Live users, just look at all their pictures with Ablive in background.

AAX for PT dont seem to be any priority atm.
Might be so that RS count on that the industry standard are mainly used in bigger studios where they already have Ableton or other daws by the side for creative flow.

ProTools had more consumer based option back when Reason still had no audio in and from that period, PT paired with Reason got popular. But since then lot have happend.
PT are not the average DAW among younger folks, but it is still important for many.
And with its good video integration, I do understand why those who use PT are seeing a missing chance for RS. And with the end of Rewire, I can understand this objection even more. But AAX might be supported if enough PT users are asking for it. I think that is what RS mean by saying "we have not decided on that".

cqd

01 Nov 2019

Still no word on this from Reason Studios?..

Coming up to thinking about BF, and even a rough ETA on this would help..

kitekrazy

02 Nov 2019

BigPictureSound wrote:
28 Sep 2019
Proboscis wrote:
28 Sep 2019
]

FL Is the most used DAW because it continues to be cracked.
Got a source to back that up?
It is the tops in demo downloads.

When it comes to the professional studios under the big record labels most are using Pro Tools.

EnochLight

03 Nov 2019

kitekrazy wrote:
02 Nov 2019
When it comes to the professional studios under the big record labels most are using Pro Tools.
Assorted musings: for every single "professional studio" buying 1 single Pro Tools license (or upgrade), there's an innumerable amount of other licenses bought for all of the other DAW's out there from the buying public. I realize Pro Tools is the industry standard for pro-studios, sound engineers, etc - but I think people fail to realize that this does not mean it's the most popular DAW out there, when the market itself is dominated by home "studios" and bedroom musicians.

Let's be real: if someone were just starting out in computer-based music production, what's the most likely purchase on their radar? I'm willing to bet the farm it's going to be Abelton Live, FL Studio, Studio One, etc (hell, even Reason DAW proper!) before they look at Pro Tools.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

03 Nov 2019

DonnieAlan wrote:
27 Sep 2019
PLEASE Reason, I'm begging you...MAKE THIS AAX...ASAP!!! And allow for hosting VST with just the rack in ANY DAW. I'd upgrade to 11 immediately if they did that. Until then...I'll take a pass. And I know there are many other Pro Tools users out there who feel the same way!
I hope y'all also go to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and voice the demand for VST inside the Rack Plugin. I even sent the feature request through support - not a word back, nothing. This would be the most useful they can add at this time IMO - no other feature request even comes close.
As far as ProTool - I wouldn't be surprised if they see this as a very limited market. Can they even get a return on investment on it? Maybe charge $49 for the AAX add on - especially if the Rack Plugin can host VSTs - then AAX users get multiple benefits. But a Protools user who already have Blu Cats Patchwork, the need for an AAX Rack is not that great maybe, which limits the market further.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Theo.M

05 Jan 2020

EnochLight wrote:
20 Oct 2019
tronam wrote:
20 Oct 2019

That’s certainly possible, yet, if Mac and Pro Tools users represented the vast majority of Reason customers (as well as potential Reason customers - which - let’s face it - that’s who 11 was targeted at), we most certainly would have seen AU and AAX support at the launch of 11. Don’t think for a second Verdane would have let it happen any other way.

Unless this is all part of some bizarre reverse strategy to not maximize revenue at product launch?
Hi Enoch, Happy 2020 to you.

I am just curious, how could props possibly know what DAWs people have been rewiring reason into mostly over all these years?

Pro Tools is absolutely awesome.. I have never looked back since I switched overnight int December 2015. The only complaint I have is why didn't I start with it, so i'd have all my songs in PT format now rather than 1000 Logic projects still!

But because PT has a few little shortcomings for songwriters (well it did, it's much better now in that regard), I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was one of THE most used when it came to rewire/reason. Especially with it's excellent rewire implementation.

EnochLight

05 Jan 2020

Theo.M wrote:
05 Jan 2020

I am just curious, how could props possibly know what DAWs people have been rewiring reason into mostly over all these years?
Hey Theo - hope all is well - seeing Australia burn on the news is scary! Anyway, there's two ways: 1. In-house (and/or 3rd party) market research, and 2. Reason's "Send Error Reports and Statistics" metrics that are phoned home to Reason Studios (Propellerhead). While I'm sure some users opt out, there's a fair amount of users that just leave that check box "checked" under Preferences.
Theo.M wrote:
05 Jan 2020
Pro Tools is absolutely awesome.. I have never looked back since I switched overnight int December 2015. The only complaint I have is why didn't I start with it, so i'd have all my songs in PT format now rather than 1000 Logic projects still!

But because PT has a few little shortcomings for songwriters (well it did, it's much better now in that regard), I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was one of THE most used when it came to rewire/reason. Especially with it's excellent rewire implementation.
I can't pull up the thread or post, so unfortunately you'll have to take this statement with a grain of salt, but Reason Studios stated that very few people were using ReWire these days. I can imagine that if Reason Rack Plugin wasn't a hugely requested feature, and saw that most people don't bother with ReWire, they wouldn't have deprecated ReWire.

I know Pro Tools has a huge fan base. It's simply unrivaled when it comes to audio recording and engineering for sure! But most home studio "producers" (man, I hate that term) use other DAW over it (Live, Bitwig, FL Studio, Logic, etc).

I remember you used to be a massive Logic fan. What made you walk away from it?

Yonatan

06 Jan 2020

I am on Logic and still R10, but I do hope that you PT users are getting some love sooner or later. Maybe it is a trial period with VST and AU, to develop the Rack plugin, because consumers are many in those formats, but later when the Rack plugin evolves to a certain point, I would not be totally surprised if it might get AAX support too, in the light that PT still is a studio standard.
Maybe the Rack plugin will evolve to be more and more equal to ReWire, integrating it further. Maybe at some point whole Reason could be run as a plugin, in a stripped down way, and maybe also in full mode if requested. A plugin version and a standalone version.

cqd

06 Jan 2020

I'd imagine the AAX version will be the next update.. it's just a question of when..

Theo.M

06 Jan 2020

EnochLight wrote:
05 Jan 2020
Theo.M wrote:
05 Jan 2020

Hey Theo - hope all is well - seeing Australia burn on the news is scary! Anyway, there's two ways: 1. In-house (and/or 3rd party) market research, and 2. Reason's "Send Error Reports and Statistics" metrics that are phoned home to Reason Studios (Propellerhead). While I'm sure some users opt out, there's a fair amount of users that just leave that check box "checked" under Preferences.
Theo.M wrote:
05 Jan 2020

I can't pull up the thread or post, so unfortunately you'll have to take this statement with a grain of salt, but Reason Studios stated that very few people were using ReWire these days. I can imagine that if Reason Rack Plugin wasn't a hugely requested feature, and saw that most people don't bother with ReWire, they wouldn't have deprecated ReWire.

I know Pro Tools has a huge fan base. It's simply unrivaled when it comes to audio recording and engineering for sure! But most home studio "producers" (man, I hate that term) use other DAW over it (Live, Bitwig, FL Studio, Logic, etc).

I remember you used to be a massive Logic fan. What made you walk away from it?
Hi, thank you for your wishes.. Yes it's very sad what is going on.. Not only devastation for us but for the animals as well.. Just awful.
Yeah, I used Logic from V3.0 in 1997 with windows 95, through to Logic Pro X on mac till about 3 years ago. I still always keep up to date as I have a lot of legacy projects made in it, however the reason I switched was quite simple. I invested my life savings into a hardcore hardware synth setup, as well as an analog mixer and multiple UAD Apollos. Furthermore I threw a few satellites into the mix (2 of them were free with the Apollos.. Octos no less).

I have I think it's 34 UA DSP now, and a total of 88 external inputs including 2 analog mixers being monitored through Apollo console. All channels of the analogs and the Apollos are full :mrgreen:
I started to notice a problem when I was adding UAD plugins to my mixes.. Suddenly all my automation of *other* plugins was out of time, unpredictably all over the place! What it turned out to be was that Logic's delay compensation is broken when there are latent effects in the signal path, and every single UAD effect has latency of some kind when used in the DAW as an AU/AAX/VST plugin. Of course the more I used on a track, the worse the timing was out on those tracks. One track might have 1 UAD effect. so the automation is out by 25ms or so, then the other might have 5 UAD effects and the automation is out by well over 100ms. Totally disastrous if it's grid based rhythmic automation (and most of it is, being a 4/4 composer and all).

If it was just the uad effects themselves that had broken automation timing, I would have survived.. but as it turns out, automation on both Instrument and audio tracks of ANY plugin that happens to be in the same insert path as plugins with latency, goes out of time by approximately 2x the total latency of the plugins on that track. There are convoluted workarounds, the issue is even more of a HF on drummer tracks, and it's really unpleasant to deal with. For a heavy UAD user like me, Live, Logic and Reason are the worst DAWs to use. Reason has the same affliction as Logic (unless they fixed it now and automation is latency compensated), however ableton is a whole other beast I won't go into as that will be multiple paragraphs LOL.

So the search started for a DAW that had bang on time automation no matter what was being automated, as well as one that worked rock solid with external synths and was completely reliable with UAD plugins. The other criteria was that I also needed something that made choosing an individual midi input device per track, easy. Little did I know that every other DAW in existence can do that except for Logic :lol: With that many controllers, I don't want all of them triggering whatever track is highlighted in Logic, I want to make specific hardware trigger specific sounds.. And, well, you need to get really deep in the stupid environment to do such a thing in Logic, and even then, it's about as reliable as a politician!

Studio One came into consideration as it has all the features I need and handles the above situation(s) well, however the performance on OSX is STILL abysmal and in raw plugin in instances in standardised tests, S1 can get between about 1/4 to 1/3rd the VI's and effects that Logic, PT and Reaper can (which happen to be the 3 best performing and snappiest DAWs on OSX). S1, to my eyes in any case, became the world's ugliest DAW with the release of version 3, when it was previously so neat and tidy. V4 only made matters worse. It's like a wall of misaligned text in every possible orifice, in low contrast tabbed windows all stuck together without separation. The only time I don't squint when looking at S1 is when the left inspector, right browser and lower mixer or piano roll are ALL closed. Basically when just the clips on the arrange page are showing. :lol: I really find it that uncomfortable to look at and work with.
Reaper was immediately out of the running because I simply hate the workflow and design of it (i'd give up music if that was my only choice), Bitwig is missing too many streamlined audio editing features (oh yeah I forgot to mention that one.. Bitwig is performing really well on OSX these days and has come a long way). DP was also a consideration but I decided I like DAWs with Guis that feel fast and snappy and the workflow.. well.. it's entirely different to how I had been composing for 2 decades.

I tried the PT11 demo, and found it immediately intuitive. I still haven't watched any PT tutorials to this day.. It just clicks with my brain, like Logic did (as far as composition is concerned, Logic was very intuitive to me since day one). It also passed the above "tests" with flying colours. It has a couple midi shortcomings, but really it's a lot better than people give it credit for these days, and because I'd be largely working in the audio domain for editing and arranging the song anyway (after initial segment composition I record large external synth track counts into PT), it really feels like lightning to work with. I more or less love it, it performs great, and I really only have a few wishes for it. Midi *insert* plugins like Logic's MFX, folder tracks (already promised by Avid), a dedicated drum editor, (always wanted this for Logic too), ARA2 (logic's is broke anyway, yep, almost 2 years after release), and some updates to Elastic Audio (Logic is king daw in this regard.. nothing comes close to flex and logic auto tempo). That's it.
I am very happy with the midi in all other ways, it has all the necessary editing functions as well as realtime non destructive options, midi to audio groove quantise and vice versa, a good piano roll and also inline editing which is something that only a few DAWs have. I am able to choose a midi in and out device per track, like a normal DAW, and I can work around the lack of a drum sequencer by using the sugar bytes stuff controlling other instruments, as well as Kirnu Cream.

All the good stuff is in AAX native these days, with very little missing. There are also some wonderful exclusives like HEAT, all the crane song plugins, massey plugins, quiet art plugins (the best wave rider), the Aphex bundle and more. I also love the option of destructive offline processing with audio suite, and the lack of ARA is not too unbearable as I can send audio to and from Revoice Pro offline in an instant. As of the latest version, there are only minor bugs, and honestly, it hardly ever crashes. Like the Reason of old :mrgreen: I also adore the way commit works, I just literally drag a midi clip to an audio track and it's rendered offline on the spot to Audio. The bounce in place options and freeze destroy Logic's, however S1 has the best in that regard with track transform.. can't take that away from it.
Oh, PT also has sample level timing adjustment per midi port, so my external stuff is really tightly synced. The way clip gain works basically means I save hours compared to the suffering I had in Logic. And as a bonus to top it all off, it's a gapless engine when inserting and removing plugins (unless you get a cpu overload). I love the way PDC works.. You can have a plugin with variable latency, say like an izotope one where the latency changes depending what components are activated.. and you see the latency figure in samples at all times in the mixer, adjust in realtime without any farts like Logic..They used to call it Logic Audio believe it or not, which is weird, as Logic is terrible for audio to this day, except for the tempo functions. Logic still has a 2 second delay for any audio adjustment made during playback before the result is heard (clip gain/tempo change/even just deleting clip that is currently under the playhead.. logic keeps playing it for a while LOL). PT is instant as it should be.

The icing on the cake is that, to my eyes, PT has the absolute most inspiring, colourful GUI that promotes creativity. I am SO happy it hasn't conformed to the funeral black or dull dark grey GUIs that seem to be all the rage in DAWs today. It's neat and tidy and it's basically a 2 window workflow. You put the mixer on the second monitor and keep the main page on the first and that's it. It also has 5K support and looks wonderful on OSX. I look at it and never get confused as to where I am or what I am doing.

so.. there's your answer! LOL!

The TLDR; version is:

"I love Pro Tools".

:mrgreen:

PS the one thing I miss about Reason most is Dr Octorex,, although PT does have real time auditioning of both standard wav and tiff files, as well as acidified wavs and apple loops and even rex files, all to tempo in time with the project :mrgreen: I don't even have to rewire Live as a slave anymore for loop work.. those days are gone :)
But the way DR Rex can easily muck about with rex files and the individual slices on the fly was always ideal to me, and to be perfectly honest I'd love to use Reason as an AAX just for that and that alone :)

EnochLight

06 Jan 2020

Theo.M wrote:
06 Jan 2020
PS the one thing I miss about Reason most is Dr Octorex,, although PT does have real time auditioning of both standard wav and tiff files, as well as acidified wavs and apple loops and even rex files, all to tempo in time with the project :mrgreen: I don't even have to rewire Live as a slave anymore for loop work.. those days are gone :)
But the way DR Rex can easily muck about with rex files and the individual slices on the fly was always ideal to me, and to be perfectly honest I'd love to use Reason as an AAX just for that and that alone :)
If Reason Plugin gets AAX, would your love of Dr. Octo be enough for you to buy Reason 11 so you could use it in Pro Tools? Or is ReWire Reason 10 or older an option?

Theo.M

11 Jan 2020

EnochLight wrote:
06 Jan 2020
Theo.M wrote:
06 Jan 2020
If Reason Plugin gets AAX, would your love of Dr. Octo be enough for you to buy Reason 11 so you could use it in Pro Tools? Or is ReWire Reason 10 or older an option?
Only intro for the AAX, intro includes DR Rex.
I don't rewire anything anymore as it's just not worth the performance hit and PT can at least audition rex loops to tempo and can drop them in as contiguous files or individual slices.. so you can still do the basics with it. Dr Rex is just easier though overall.. It's more of a necessity for DAWs that won't browse rex loops to tempo in sync with the project, and as far as I know, only Live and PT can do that(and Reason with Dr octorex rack).
Now at least all VST/AU daws should be able to do it so i recommend anyone who works with rex files to at least buy reason intro and use as a plugin in their DAW.

So much has changed since I was around.. VST support? WTF? I would have literally put money on it that props would never, ever support vst in reason.. how times have changed! It seems it also suffered the same performance issues as RE's did, so all this time, Re's weren't the problem, Reason was, although apparently they have done something about that too? A dual buffer system like other Daws? Good to see reason still alive and well in any case!

EnochLight

11 Jan 2020

Theo.M wrote:
11 Jan 2020
Right, forgot about Intro. It was on sale for just $49 USD over the holidays. If AAX support occurs, might be worth holding out for a holiday sale.
Theo.M wrote:
11 Jan 2020
So much has changed since I was around.. VST support? WTF? I would have literally put money on it that props would never, ever support vst in reason.. how times have changed! It seems it also suffered the same performance issues as RE's did, so all this time, Re's weren't the problem, Reason was, although apparently they have done something about that too? A dual buffer system like other Daws? Good to see reason still alive and well in any case!
Haha! Yeah, I pretty much feel the same. Once VST support arrived, I realized that pretty much anything can happen now. VST performance in Reason isn't terrible as of 11 (actually, I think that "fix" came in 9.5), but it's still a far cry from how Reaper or Logic handles VST. Works plenty enough for my needs, though 2020 might be the year I finally update my aging hardware platform as my CPU has officially turned 8 years old this year. :D

Biolumin3sc3nt

11 Jan 2020

Whoa, hey Theo!!! It feels like an eternity since I've seen You last. Just wanted to give a quick hello and best wishes. Welcome back to the Reason forum

Theo.M

15 Jan 2020

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
11 Jan 2020
Whoa, hey Theo!!! It feels like an eternity since I've seen You last. Just wanted to give a quick hello and best wishes. Welcome back to the Reason forum
Very kind of you thanks.

I do lurk once every couple of months or so, just to see what is happening with Reason.

Have a great 2020!

Theo.M

15 Jan 2020

EnochLight wrote:
11 Jan 2020
Theo.M wrote:
11 Jan 2020
Right, forgot about Intro. It was on sale for just $49 USD over the holidays. If AAX support occurs, might be worth holding out for a holiday sale.
Theo.M wrote:
11 Jan 2020
Haha! Yeah, I pretty much feel the same. Once VST support arrived, I realized that pretty much anything can happen now. VST performance in Reason isn't terrible as of 11 (actually, I think that "fix" came in 9.5), but it's still a far cry from how Reaper or Logic handles VST. Works plenty enough for my needs, though 2020 might be the year I finally update my aging hardware platform as my CPU has officially turned 8 years old this year. :D
$49 is *crazy* to get all the synths intro includes as a plugin for any DAW. That's nuts.
I don't know how you cope working ITB with a quad core.. that said, it seems you have quite a lot of roland hardware, so maybe you don't use too many virtual instruments?
I am running around 30 hardware synths, the 8 core imac pro with 64gb ram, 32 UAD DSP, and i still run out of power :lol:

Yonatan

14 Feb 2020

It seems that those asking for AAX Rack Plugin might get their wishes true someday. At least when read on a facebook comment. It has gone from " not in our plans", via "we are considering", "we are looking into it", all the way to lately "when we are finished with AAX". (quotes only vaguely taken from memory). So keep your fingers crossed. Not that it concerns me personally, and not majority uses ProTools as their daily DAW but ProTools is still a standard name in the industry and quite many tutorials on youtube have PT displayed so I think there is a value for RS in making it AAX compatible. I mean just the guy with the Recording Revolution thing, often uses ProTools and quite a lot of engineer experts with a name, and I am sure quite a few of them will not be able to resist trying out the Reason Rack, as ProTools has not so many own virtual instruments, it is a great combo. ReWire, yes it is still used, but to just play along with the Reason Rack without ReWire, it will get a nicer workflow.

EnochLight

14 Feb 2020

Yonatan wrote:
14 Feb 2020
ReWire, yes it is still used, but to just play along with the Reason Rack without ReWire, it will get a nicer workflow.
I thought ReWire was deprecated and is no longer being supported? It's removed in Reason 11 anyway.. Or are you talking about older versions of Reason?

• Information