Music Radar best DAW poll 2019

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
GRB

19 Oct 2019

You can find Reason as "Propellerhead's Reason" ...

Are we flying that low? ;)

REASONPOLL.jpg
REASONPOLL.jpg (146.39 KiB) Viewed 5607 times
Reason 13 v13.0d26 / Reason+ / R11 Suite - Win10 64bit HP i7 - 32Gb RAM - SSD / Scarlett 2i4 / Novation Launchkey 61 MK3 / Nektar Impact LX61+ / JBL 305 MKII

motuscott

19 Oct 2019

Yes, we are flying that low. Duck!
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

motuscott

19 Oct 2019

Voted for Reason.
You can take the fan out of the boi, but really I've got a dog in this race so let's just move that rook forward.
Cryptic enough?

GRB

19 Oct 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
19 Oct 2019
Here’s the link for those that want to vote: https://www.musicradar.com/news/what-is ... -favourite
Thaks! Forgot to put the link :puf_smile:
Reason 13 v13.0d26 / Reason+ / R11 Suite - Win10 64bit HP i7 - 32Gb RAM - SSD / Scarlett 2i4 / Novation Launchkey 61 MK3 / Nektar Impact LX61+ / JBL 305 MKII

MannequinRaces

19 Oct 2019

GRB wrote:
19 Oct 2019
MannequinRaces wrote:
19 Oct 2019
Here’s the link for those that want to vote: https://www.musicradar.com/news/what-is ... -favourite
Thaks! Forgot to put the link :puf_smile:
You're welcome. :)

MannequinRaces

19 Oct 2019

motuscott wrote:
19 Oct 2019
Voted for Reason.
You can take the fan out of the boi, but really I've got a dog in this race so let's just move that rook forward.
Cryptic enough?
Lol

Periwinkle

20 Oct 2019

A my time of viewing, it had Logic Pro placed last, so I don't think we should take this poll too seriously.
I think most people will automatically vote for what they use, and many of those people may have limited resources when it comes to hardware and software.

Looking again, they now have Ableton placed last. I wonder what the demographic is.

.“Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.”

― Banksy

Jackjackdaw

20 Oct 2019

Reason is the DAW I use the most but I'm pretty sure it's not the best. I'm gonna vote for it anyway.

Yonatan

20 Oct 2019

I voted with some hesitation on Reason but it felt not as sincere as before. More "May they keep making and improving it as a DAW"-vote.
Dont honestly think RS deserves to be praised too much on the DAW front after this release. Cannot live on old merits forever. But may 11 updates change this opinion. Otherwise I still will keep believing that R12 will be something that makes one vote without any doubt.

KGB

20 Oct 2019

I used to vote for Reason but I'm not voting this year. They have a lot of work to do to be considered the best DAW.

The only DAW that I use is Reason bc it fits my workflow. I'm familiar with other DAWs and have used plenty in the past, but I don't need them at the moment and I don't have plans to move from Reason.

chimp_spanner

20 Oct 2019

It’s such a hard thing to quantify though. Like I’ve said a few times recently I’ve been dabbling with other options in light of the rack vst, and there are some undeniably powerful alternatives out there, which I’ll no doubt use when I need what they have but, I still fire up Reason when I wanna write. Of course it’s perhaps brought into focus the things I really need. Midi note chase, note preview on arrow nudge and folders are literally all I need. So I’ll keep talking about it and hopefully it’ll make its way where it needs to :) but I’m still just so comfortable making music in it. Everyone will have their own answer.

brand

20 Oct 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
20 Oct 2019
It’s such a hard thing to quantify though. ... Everyone will have their own answer.
^ This. What does it even mean: "Best DAW"? Best how? Even if someone had a deep working knowledge of every DAW on the list, it still would only be an individual opinion. And then too, only in the universe of those who replied, which I think makes polls like this a bit suspect. I think it's fair to say every DAW has different strengths and weaknesses. A company's marketing material for the most part makes their DAW seem like the best one. Of course. You trial a few, decide to use one or the other because "this" or "that". But it's still just for your own reasons.

BTW, I also noticed they they appear to randomize the list order each time you refresh the page. I'm not sure what the point of that is. It makes it seem like one DAW is "winning".

ShelLuser

20 Oct 2019

Not going to take the poll. IMO they should have allowed us to vote for multiple DAW's, at least two, because there are plenty who use one next to the other like I'm usually doing.
--- :reason:

guitfnky

20 Oct 2019

ShelLuser wrote:
20 Oct 2019
Not going to take the poll. IMO they should have allowed us to vote for multiple DAW's, at least two, because there are plenty who use one next to the other like I'm usually doing.
multiple DAWs can’t be the best.

that said, it’s ultimately meaningless—nothing more than a popularity contest. still, I had to vote for Reason. 😆
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

motuscott

20 Oct 2019

I’m clicking two rocks together and asking my smart friend to memorize the rhythm.
Does that count?

Yonatan

21 Oct 2019

It is indeed just a simple fanclub measurment.
Few vote objectively. The poll in its design is just a supporter club click bait. But as Reason is still the only of the daws most people in here are a tiny bit extra concerned about, it is enough to click "Reason". It is a question more towards "which is the best for you?" or maybe "which of these have best potential as of this year?"
I think Logic is a better overall value daw if only using one, but Reason is still bringing out a fun factor that makes it a bit more odd in the classroom. It dont answer right on every question or get the highest score on exams, but it has some creative and fun replies from the back of the room that can make the teacher more alert.

aeox
Competition Winner

21 Oct 2019

Yonatan wrote:
21 Oct 2019
Few vote objectively. The poll in its design is just a supporter club click bait. But as Reason is still the only of the daws most people in here are a tiny bit extra concerned about, it is enough to click "Reason". It is a question more towards "which is the best for you?" or maybe "which of these have best potential as of this year?"
I think Logic is a better overall value daw if only using one, but Reason is still bringing out a fun factor that makes it a bit more odd in the classroom. It dont answer right on every question or get the highest score on exams, but it has some creative and fun replies from the back of the room that can make the teacher more alert.
No such thing as voting objectively :D

Yonatan

21 Oct 2019

aeox wrote:
21 Oct 2019
Yonatan wrote:
21 Oct 2019
No such thing as voting objectively :D
Offcourse not, just more or less colored by ones hopes, wishes and beliefs.
So these polls is far too cheap and lazy to partake in. But click junkie zombie apocalyse is here to stay. :)

What Music Radar should do if wanting to be a bit more serious, they could make a throughout consumer and user comparison between many options for music producers, artists etc. What they have, what they lack etc.

It could be a bit more objective that way.
Maybe they have done that also, have not checked. But this yearly poll is playing only with our amygdala response.
Only interesting with it is the "aha, never heard of that DAW before".

Cannot remember which DAWs usually top this poll. Anyone have any stats?

Proboscis

21 Oct 2019

Yonatan wrote:
21 Oct 2019
Cannot remember which DAWs usually top this poll. Anyone have any stats?
FL Studio, because it's the most cracked DAW, therefore more users and more votes

chimp_spanner

21 Oct 2019

TBH the idea of calling any one thing 'the best' in an age where there's so much choice is kind of redundant.

Unless of course it's something I've made, in which case yes. Yes it is the best. :lol:

jlgrimes

23 Oct 2019

It probably would be better if they had subcategories.

FL Studio or Ableton usually gets number one and although I love Ableton, it wouldn't be my first choice if someone told me they wanted to record/mix a live band, or if they needed a great midi editor I probably wouldn't recommend it (although FL Studio would be great for it).

Probably better to highlight the unique features of each DAW. It is interesting to know why certain DAWS are more popular than others but it could be different voter blocks to. Musicradar probably have a different audience than SoundonSound and hence I'd bet they would vote a different way.

PeterP

24 Oct 2019

jlgrimes wrote:
23 Oct 2019
Musicradar probably have a different audience than SoundonSound and hence I'd bet they would vote a different way.
https://www.soundonsound.com/music-busi ... nners-2019

Ableton Live 10 won this year.

Loque

24 Oct 2019

PeterP wrote:
24 Oct 2019
jlgrimes wrote:
23 Oct 2019
Musicradar probably have a different audience than SoundonSound and hence I'd bet they would vote a different way.
https://www.soundonsound.com/music-busi ... nners-2019

Ableton Live 10 won this year.
Zynaptic Intensity is best plugin :shock: :? :lol:
Reason13, Win10

• Information