Reason 11 issues

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Loque

13 Oct 2019

seqoi wrote:
13 Oct 2019
Loque wrote:
13 Oct 2019
Create a ticket at Reason Studios.
What a profound advice. I already did that yesterday, how did you came to conclusion i didn't? I was thinking you guys who respond to me here have more info. PH support doesn't work over weekend hence my presence on the forum.
Sorry, that we are no magicians and don't get paid by Reason Studios 😝
Reason12, Win10

seqoi

15 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
13 Oct 2019
seqoi wrote:
13 Oct 2019

What a profound advice. I already did that yesterday, how did you came to conclusion i didn't? I was thinking you guys who respond to me here have more info. PH support doesn't work over weekend hence my presence on the forum.
Sorry, that we are no magicians and don't get paid by Reason Studios 😝
I never said you are magician. I just have sense forum gang have usually more insight in Reason then usual channels. I am still waiting for their response.

In the meantime can you help me with:

How can i trash all preferences completely? I wanted to try that but - EDIT found it. Ok trashed all configurations, started from scratch same problem. Now i am sure.

In Reson 11 heavy session if i close/minimize all racks before i press play then LED freezing and Play bar stuttering is not happening.

As soon as open at least one GQ-7 - i am getting LED freezing and issues.

Same project running fine in Reason 10 - no issue at all.

I truly hope they are working on a fix. Btw you mentioned that they are aware of issue and they are fixing it. Did you hear that on FB or ?
Last edited by seqoi on 15 Oct 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

15 Oct 2019

Deleting the files in the folder you mentioned would have ben my first try too. Than i would check installation folder and registry.

I read mostly on this forum about tickets which ppl wrote, product managers from RS posting here or reading the blog of RS. I nearly never reach out for f@rtbook or titter...
Reason12, Win10

dvigatel

15 Oct 2019

When playing a project in R11, the program freezes and stops. Graphic elements not work and froze. I can't use R11... Rebooting, installing the program again does not help.

tiker01

15 Oct 2019

dvigatel wrote:
15 Oct 2019
When playing a project in R11, the program freezes and stops. Graphic elements not work and froze. I can't use R11... Rebooting, installing the program again does not help.
This has been reported to Reason Studios. They must be investigating.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

seqoi

23 Oct 2019

Yes as Loque told me this is known problem. They just replied me to my ticket where i showed them video on R11 and session freezing, when same session works just fine in Reason 10.4.

Their response:
This is a (now) known problem that we hope to address in an upcoming update.
Somewhat simplified, the GUI thread can hang for a while when using Rack Extensions with large and busy displays,
In your case , it's likely the GQ-7 is the cause. Try flip it and disable the spectrum at the back panel, and the GUI performance should improve.

Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing!

All the best,

That's fine for me. I just wanted confirmation that i am not doing anything wrong. I'll work on 10.4 until they solve issue sometimes in the future and then i will switch to R11. No worries (for me anyway).

Loque

23 Oct 2019

seqoi wrote:
23 Oct 2019
Yes as Loque told me this is known problem. They just replied me to my ticket where i showed them video on R11 and session freezing, when same session works just fine in Reason 10.4.

Their response:

That's fine for me. I just wanted confirmation that i am not doing anything wrong. I'll work on 10.4 until they solve issue sometimes in the future and then i will switch to R11. No worries (for me anyway).
You should always read the footnote disclaimer of your communication emails ;-)
Reason12, Win10

way2cool

23 Oct 2019

why the dsp always flash and make the song break apart to me now that’s wasn’t before few days before

VariableX

23 Oct 2019

way2cool wrote:
23 Oct 2019
why the dsp always flash and make the song break apart to me now that’s wasn’t before few days before
whenever this happens to me its always cos i have another reason project open in the background or i'm in my laptop and it isn't plugged in.

seqoi

23 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
23 Oct 2019

Gimme a break i am trying to help. Really man wtf? Given the circumstances here all i wanted is to help people stop worrying. But no i have to have at least one dickhead jumping on me.

It's not that i shared some secrets. Dude weren't you the one which told me exactly same thing anyway?

I am muting you for life!!!!

Loque

23 Oct 2019

seqoi wrote:
23 Oct 2019
Loque wrote:
23 Oct 2019

Gimme a break i am trying to help. Really man wtf? Given the circumstances here all i wanted is to help people stop worrying. But no i have to have at least one dickhead jumping on me.

It's not that i shared some secrets. Dude weren't you the one which told me exactly same thing anyway?

I am muting you for life!!!!
Wow... You have some serious problems... Wish you well...
Reason12, Win10

A.L.E.X.L.E.E

29 Jul 2021

Hello!

Have Reason 11 and have
Following problems:

1. The graphics partially freeze (during mixing) (audio continues to run).
2. Sometimes the audio playback cracks and hangs (even during mixing - especially with Reverb !!

I increased the sample buffers, ASIO 4ALL is also up to date. I also have a brand new PC (Windows 10 Home. Intel Core i7 (8Core, 3.9GHZ-32RAM ..... 1TB SSD ...)

Maby someone can help!
THX

Alex

EnochLight

31 Jul 2021

A.L.E.X.L.E.E wrote:
29 Jul 2021
Hello!

Have Reason 11 and have
Following problems:

1. The graphics partially freeze (during mixing) (audio continues to run).
2. Sometimes the audio playback cracks and hangs (even during mixing - especially with Reverb !!

I increased the sample buffers, ASIO 4ALL is also up to date. I also have a brand new PC (Windows 10 Home. Intel Core i7 (8Core, 3.9GHZ-32RAM ..... 1TB SSD ...)

Maby someone can help!
THX

Alex
Make sure Hyperthreading is unchecked in your Reason Preferences. Also, ASIO4ALL are not great - it’s an open-source freeware utility meant for cheap PC integrated audio use (again, not a great option). Are you using the built-in audio in your PC? If so, change the audio in Reason to Windows Direct X and see if the issue occurs. You can’t record audio that way, but you can at least narrow down if it’s ASIO4ALL causing the lockup’s or not. If it’s related, you might want to consider picking up a proper audio interface that has good drivers (RME, Focusrite, etc)…
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information