Reason 11 Rack Midi Out Into Cubase (or other DAW)

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
Leggy

13 Oct 2019

Hi,

I've searched the forum here but haven't found an answer. Do you know if it's possible to route midi out of the Reason 11 rack plugin into Cubase so for instance, have midi from a Reason sequencer playing another vst instrument in Cubase or even playing an external hardware instrument through a midi interface? I notice that the External MIDI Instrument module doesn't appear as a choice when you're using Reason Rack and of course Rewire has been dropped. There seems to be no way to do it. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.

Leggy. :refill: :reason: :refill:

illc75243

13 Oct 2019

You're not missing anything, it's not possible.

moneykube

13 Oct 2019

still don't quite understand why the "staple" rewire is no longer available without another option... perhaps midi out will come in a point upgrade? I don't know but some kind of announcement would be nice on this subject... until that and a few other issues are sorted out, I will remain on 10 :!:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Leggy

14 Oct 2019

Ok that's a shame. I know they're planning to add to the feature set of 11 so hopefully this is something they'll add soon as it really would be useful. At least I can stop banging my head against a brick wall trying to find a way to do it for now.
@moneykube you know you can run 10 and 11 on the same machine so you could upgrade and still keep 10 for rewire etc for now.

Oquasec

14 Oct 2019

Loopmidi emi is the absolute last way to do that in Reason.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Leggy

15 Oct 2019

Thanks Oquasec but the EMI isn't an option when you're using the Reason 11 rack as a VST in a DAW so this will only work stand alone surely?

soroc sosta

24 Sep 2020

Try this if you havent fround a resolution for Cubase:

1. Add Instrument Track > Reason Rack Plugin
2. Add Instrument Track > Groove Agent [or whatever]
3. On receiving instrument track "Input routing' choose "Reason Rack Plugin Event Out"

As long as you have the receiving instrument track selected, you should receive activity from the sending device in reason studios.

moneykube

25 Sep 2020

Leggy wrote:
14 Oct 2019
Ok that's a shame. I know they're planning to add to the feature set of 11 so hopefully this is something they'll add soon as it really would be useful. At least I can stop banging my head against a brick wall trying to find a way to do it for now.
@moneykube you know you can run 10 and 11 on the same machine so you could upgrade and still keep 10 for rewire etc for now.
yes that is the way I went thanks :puf_smile:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

25 Sep 2020

CrunkNationEnt wrote:
24 Sep 2020
Try this if you havent fround a resolution for Cubase:

1. Add Instrument Track > Reason Rack Plugin
2. Add Instrument Track > Groove Agent [or whatever]
3. On receiving instrument track "Input routing' choose "Reason Rack Plugin Event Out"

As long as you have the receiving instrument track selected, you should receive activity from the sending device in reason studios.
The original post was before the update that allowed you to do this :)

I think it was the 11.1 update which fixed it, or similar.

soroc sosta

26 Sep 2020

oh ok great! lol!
Loving It

• Information