Internet speed

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
grueser3

09 Oct 2019

I hope this isn’t a stupid question. We travel south for the winter and this year we’ll be gone longer than I can stand being away from music. I’m wondering if I need to be concerned with internet speed to run reason. I’m sure our condo has just the basic plan and it’s Comcast so I’d rather not have to deal with upgrades for the four months we’ll be there if I don’t have to. I don’t care if it costs more but even the landlord said ugh when I asked about upgrading for a short time if needed. So is there a preferred speed I should be working with? Hate to lug my tower and keyboard down there if the internet will be the hang up. I appreciate any feedback 😊

Mark

Oquasec

10 Oct 2019

disable WMM if it doesn't work as intended. Speeds skyrocketed after that
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Proboscis

10 Oct 2019

If you register your computer as an authorization 'key', and don't have any trial RE's, then you never need to log in to the internet at all, in order to use Reason.

grueser3

10 Oct 2019

Thanks Oquasec and Proboscis, I forgot about registering my computer as an authorization key, but in the mean time I found out the condo we stay in has a faster internet than I have at home so all is good 😊

Oquasec

11 Oct 2019

Hey guys when I uninstalled chrome my desktop ran fast as hell.
What's the deal?
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

jlgrimes

11 Oct 2019

grueser3 wrote:
09 Oct 2019
I hope this isn’t a stupid question. We travel south for the winter and this year we’ll be gone longer than I can stand being away from music. I’m wondering if I need to be concerned with internet speed to run reason. I’m sure our condo has just the basic plan and it’s Comcast so I’d rather not have to deal with upgrades for the four months we’ll be there if I don’t have to. I don’t care if it costs more but even the landlord said ugh when I asked about upgrading for a short time if needed. So is there a preferred speed I should be working with? Hate to lug my tower and keyboard down there if the internet will be the hang up. I appreciate any feedback 😊

Mark

Only time you need to be concerned with internet speed is if you need to download an update or REs.

Once your PC is setup internet speed is a non issue. Even if you are using online internet authorization, the difference in time should be maybe 10s of seconds at most to login an account, once you are logged in then it dont matter.

Probably better to authorize Reason on your PC so you dont have to deal with any online issues while you are out of town.

grueser3

12 Oct 2019

jlgrimes wrote:
11 Oct 2019
grueser3 wrote:
09 Oct 2019

Mark

Only time you need to be concerned with internet speed is if you need to download an update or REs.

Once your PC is setup internet speed is a non issue. Even if you are using online internet authorization, the difference in time should be maybe 10s of seconds at most to login an account, once you are logged in then it dont matter.

Probably better to authorize Reason on your PC so you dont have to deal with any online issues while you are out of town.
Thanks I didn’t know that 😊

• Information