Player Filter for polyphonic MIDI to monophon

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
friday

11 Oct 2019

Hi You Forum

Today i was messing around with Drum Sequence Player to sequence synthesizers. I had the Idea of different notes on each line and give them different lengths (polyrhythm).
Some coole results has happened, but there is something i want to control deeper. I want a midi filter, to not play the chord, it should only play one note at the time and choose the highest or lowest of the chord that was generated by the polyrhythm of the Drum Sequencer.

Onyone a Idea hof to build that with players?

Have a great Weekend

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2019

Off the top of my head, I would try to add a Dual Arp player under the Drum Sequencer. You can use the pattern area to only play the desired note number when a chord comes through. Alternatively you could simply use the default arpeggio setting and set the direction as you like. As long as the arpeggio’s rate is slow enough, you should only get the desired note.

Arjanders

11 Oct 2019

Delta midi computer would do this, but you're looking for a stock device solution?

Noiserunner

12 Oct 2019

I think, the easiest thing would be to set the synths to 1 voice/monophonic. Not a midi solution, but maybe a solution.
(MacBook Pro 13", some soft- and hardware)

friday

12 Oct 2019

Arjanders wrote:
11 Oct 2019
Delta midi computer would do this, but you're looking for a stock device solution?
Thanks for all your Feedbacks, will try all your different solutions!

No it doesn't need to be a stock device, I own (and love) Delta, how would you achieve my needs with it?

Arjanders

12 Oct 2019

friday wrote:
12 Oct 2019
I own (and love) Delta, how would you achieve my needs with it?
Yes Delta is nice. I did the trial and now I'm waiting to see more options will be implemented.

You can filter notes and decide what to do with them. The arpeggio thingy will split chords in separate notes. I'm not sure though if I understand correctly what you mean with playing chords with a drum sequencer.

Chizmata

14 Oct 2019

friday wrote:
11 Oct 2019
Hi You Forum

Today i was messing around with Drum Sequence Player to sequence synthesizers. I had the Idea of different notes on each line and give them different lengths (polyrhythm).
Some coole results has happened, but there is something i want to control deeper. I want a midi filter, to not play the chord, it should only play one note at the time and choose the highest or lowest of the chord that was generated by the polyrhythm of the Drum Sequencer.

Onyone a Idea hof to build that with players?

Have a great Weekend
i know that reason has some weird built-in rules when it comes to this. first, as someone said, switch your synth to monophonic. then find out which note reason actually picks to play, it might be the one from the top row or from the bottom row, or you might be able to influence it with overlapping gates - you gotta find out the rule, then you can exploit it.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

30 Oct 2019

friday wrote:
12 Oct 2019
Arjanders wrote:
11 Oct 2019
Thanks for all your Feedbacks, will try all your different solutions!

No it doesn't need to be a stock device, I own (and love) Delta, how would you achieve my needs with it?
Seq switch will split notes out into separate signals and then you can do what you want with them.

This might help..

The PoohBear...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tips & Tutorial's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
PoohBears Reason Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

• Information