Reason 11 issues

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
BananaSkins

29 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
29 Sep 2019
TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Sep 2019
Weird R11 worked totally fine when I first bought it, thursday, friday, saturday. And now on Sunday all of a sudden nothing works.
Yeah, you needed to pay a little more to get the seven days per week version.
:lol: :thumbs_up:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2019

retreed wrote:
29 Sep 2019
TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Sep 2019
Weird R11 worked totally fine when I first bought it, thursday, friday, saturday. And now on Sunday all of a sudden nothing works.
The problem was there for me right from the start.

(Your restart problem is caused by Reason not shutting down properly after that playhead problem occures. When it gets stuck, save your project, kill the Reason task with the task manager and you are able to restart without rebooting.)
Thanks a million dude. That helped. Now everything seem to work as it should. :thumbs_up:
For a while I thought I was going to go back to Reason 10.

Still annoying that it happens. Hope Reason Studios fix these issues soon.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
29 Sep 2019
TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Sep 2019
Yeah, you needed to pay a little more to get the seven days per week version.
Of course, I forgot about that. :D

Maxsu

30 Sep 2019

Anyone else has the same Problem? If you have a VST-Synth open and you tweak it, you cannot use the space button to Play & Stop so you have to click in the DAW area to make that work again!? Is this an issue or a layer 8 Problem ;)

Loque

30 Sep 2019

Maxsu wrote:
30 Sep 2019
Anyone else has the same Problem? If you have a VST-Synth open and you tweak it, you cannot use the space button to Play & Stop so you have to click in the DAW area to make that work again!? Is this an issue or a layer 8 Problem ;)
You probably send the keys to the VST. There is a option in the Options menu AFAIR.
Reason12, Win10

Maxsu

30 Sep 2019

Loque wrote:
30 Sep 2019
Maxsu wrote:
30 Sep 2019
You probably send the keys to the VST. There is a option in the Options menu AFAIR.
I think you are right, since the Update, maybe I have to check all Menue Points again. Will check it out and thank you very much ;)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

30 Sep 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Sep 2019
retreed wrote:
29 Sep 2019

The problem was there for me right from the start.

(Your restart problem is caused by Reason not shutting down properly after that playhead problem occures. When it gets stuck, save your project, kill the Reason task with the task manager and you are able to restart without rebooting.)
Thanks a million dude. That helped. Now everything seem to work as it should. :thumbs_up:
For a while I thought I was going to go back to Reason 10.

Still annoying that it happens. Hope Reason Studios fix these issues soon.
Ok so apparently shutting R11 down with the Task manager doesn't work either now. It only works sometimes every now and then. But these issues keeps happening ALL THE TIME. Basically I can't use R11. It's really really frustrating.

Next upgrade I'll wait 2 months before I buy it to avoid having to deal with all the bugs.

estuary

10 Oct 2019

gullum wrote:
28 Sep 2019
This scarred DA shit out of me

but it is a project I saved in beta version and when opened in full version nothing worked as expected
I decided to get Reason 11 (suite mac )few days ago.
I got the same issue, and it's happening quite often. All the interface of reason freeze I can just play/stop with my controller or keyboard - space bar.
Then save project and restart reason ... and it's fine.
Less than 10 minutes later ... same process again freeze, save..restart :cry:

Are they aware of the issue already ?

gullum

10 Oct 2019

estuary wrote:
10 Oct 2019
gullum wrote:
28 Sep 2019

but it is a project I saved in beta version and when opened in full version nothing worked as expected
I got the same issue, and it's happening quite often. All the interface of reason freeze I can just play/stop with my controller or keyboard - space bar.

They are working on fixing this bug, it seems on to happen when I use RE's with big display visuals like GQ7 equalizer or the Multiband compressor or limiter from Red Rock Sound so for now I try not to use these devices and I don't get this unresponsiveness.

Loque

10 Oct 2019

gullum wrote:
10 Oct 2019
estuary wrote:
10 Oct 2019

They are working on fixing this bug, it seems on to happen when I use RE's with big display visuals like GQ7 equalizer or the Multiband compressor or limiter from Red Rock Sound so for now I try not to use these devices and I don't get this unresponsiveness.
Where the f*** were all the (beta)testers?
Reason12, Win10

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Oct 2019

estuary wrote:
10 Oct 2019
gullum wrote:
28 Sep 2019

Yes they are aware of this. I've been contacting them through their support about issues like this. Other people has had similar issues. They are working on it.
The advice so far is to reduce devices that show displays, for example frequency analyzers in EQs etc. I tried that for my last project and after that I could finish my track without being interrupted by bugs.

gullum

10 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
10 Oct 2019
Where the f*** were all the (beta)testers?
I guess 99% of the beta testers were only using Reason as a plug in so only me and the rest of the 1% were actually testing the DAW vesrion :D

estuary

10 Oct 2019

oh yeah... it makes sense now
since I use GQ7 equalizer on most of my current tracks, Reason crash every ~3 minutes.

I can't believe this is happening especially after a beta-testing version.

I hope they will be able to release patch as soon as possible :cry:

Anyway, thanks for replies.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Oct 2019

estuary wrote:
10 Oct 2019
oh yeah... it makes sense now
since I use GQ7 equalizer on most of my current tracks, Reason crash every ~3 minutes.

I can't believe this is happening especially after a beta-testing version.

I hope they will be able to release patch as soon as possible :cry:

Anyway, thanks for replies.
The thing is, you don't have to change GQ-7 to another EQ. You just need to flip to the back and turn off all the spectrum analyzers and you should be fine. At least that's what I did and that worked for me. I use GQ-7 all over the place too.

estuary

10 Oct 2019

@TritoneAddiction

Thanks, it's a good idea, I will try this way.

guitfnky

10 Oct 2019

I've been inside the Propllerhead/Reason bubble for so long, I'd kind of gotten used to the slow response times and updates--I thought they were pretty good about hotfixes/bugs, but this is kinda bad.

I started using Cakewalk by Bandlab shortly after the Reason 11 announcement, and they released a new version on 10/1. I immediately noticed my U-He Satin VST3 was causing the new version to crash, so I reported it on their forums. within a couple of hours, one of the devs had started to look at it--by the end of the day, he'd figured out that it was a flaw in the plugin that was causing a crash, so I reported it to U-He. but here's the thing, even though it was bad code in the plugin that was causing the crash, the Cakewalk devs didn't just write it off...they didn't leave users hoping U-He would update their code; they updated theirs to allow the error to be ignored, and several other minor bugs. that came out this morning.

near-immediate response to the problem. complete transparency. nine days from bug report to fix. from a DAW that is free.

I love Reason, and I cut Props/RS a lot of slack for the pace of their work, but I have to say at this point, I'm glad I haven't upgraded. I really hope they fix this stuff soon, and for as much as I've defended how close-to-the-vest they've kept things over the years, I think they could stand to be a bit (okay a lot) more transparent.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

PhillipOrdonez

10 Oct 2019

Why do some people just love leaving unnecessary comments that have nothing to do with the thread?

I hope they fix this real soon as well as the delay compensation issue with the plugin. I haven't encountered this particular issue as described, other than once when rendering a file whilst having a vst open and cancelling the render caused the interface not to respond to my only... but looking forward to being able to play with Reason 11 making music. So far the only feature I've used, and I'm loving it, is the cross-fades. Didn't know I needed them until I got them!

guitfnky

10 Oct 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
10 Oct 2019
Why do some people just love leaving unnecessary comments that have nothing to do with the thread?
not sure if this is directed at me, but if so, I thought it was pretty clear that I was drawing a contrast between RS' response to these bugs and the response I've experienced with another DAW developer. if it's not directed at me, never mind. :lol:
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

bigguy1

10 Oct 2019

I have a problem in Reason 11. I use 3 separate windows, one for the rack, one for the sequencer, one for the mixer. When I am opening a VST Plugin window and want to assign a Remote control for the VST to my midi controller the rack window gets stuck. The other 2 windows are still working.

Is it a problem everybody has?

estuary

12 Oct 2019

After few days using Reason 11
I feel the product is still beta ? completely unstable on my system. (mojave 4G i7 / 32G ram)
I had no problem with the last version of Reason 10.
I am not doing anything specific just using Reason 11 as a DAW, few tracks and max 2 VST / 1 usb soundcard 1 midi controller.

Not only the bug I mentioned above but now I got random crash, sometimes Reason App just close suddenly, without any errors messages.
I don't really feel safe using Reason 11 now, often I save the current file I am working on and close the App for a while.
When I close the Reason App, sometimes it still appears opened on my dock, so I have to Force quit Reason.

And apparently today I discovered another critical bug, I wanted to assign midi parameter to the control bar on the sequencer (maybe "Edit Remote Override Mapping..." in English)
But just the fact to click the menu create infinite loop with error message. "internal error" (even with a blank file)
what.m4v
(1009.89 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
It's only me or ...?

Unbelievable

seqoi

12 Oct 2019

Jesus Christ i run R11 today, open R10 project. and all of a sudden LED freezes and whatnot. Open same song in Reason 10 and it's working fine. SO basically LED's are frozen but if i move faders they work. Down in timeline Play locator jump between left and right erratically.

What's the weirdest thing - R11 worked fine for me(ok i found out why it worked for me read below).

Yes i am speaking about standalone DAW not VST shell.

What's happening Reason used to be rock solid. R10 - works just fine.

UPDATE: that's definitely R11 issue and a rushed release IMHO. Reason 11 is having display issues. As someone pointed out in this thread - if i minimize all devices i mean if i close them so there is no graphic running in them then this is happening again but it takes more time to freeze.

How lame i can not believe. So something which perfectly worked in R10 - is not working in R11. It's not easy to spot this issue if you are running just a few devices in Reason 11 that's probably how this bug passed beta testing.

This is my first R11 complaint.

Loque

12 Oct 2019

seqoi wrote:
12 Oct 2019
Jesus Christ i run R11 today, open R10 project. and all of a sudden LED freezes and whatnot. Open same song in Reason 10 and it's working fine. SO basically LED's are frozen but if i move faders they work. Down in timeline Play locator jump between left and right erratically.

What's the weirdest thing - R11 worked fine for me(ok i found out why it worked for me read below).

Yes i am speaking about standalone DAW not VST shell.

What's happening Reason used to be rock solid. R10 - works just fine.

UPDATE: that's definitely R11 issue and a rushed release IMHO. Reason 11 is having display issues. As someone pointed out in this thread - if i minimize all devices i mean if i close them so there is no graphic running in them then this is happening again but it takes more time to freeze.

How lame i can not believe. So something which perfectly worked in R10 - is not working in R11. It's not easy to spot this issue if you are running just a few devices in Reason 11 that's probably how this bug passed beta testing.

This is my first R11 complaint.
Mac? Known issue and fix is on the way.
Reason12, Win10

seqoi

13 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
12 Oct 2019
Nope it's windows 10 x64.

I spent some time yesterday after i posted. I loaded more projects and test this out.

To my observation it seems like this. The more Reason 11 have devices in - the more i am able to get in the issues. Like if i am using 10 Synapse GQ7 (with inbuilt FREQ analyzer turned ON), 3-4 VST instruments, and some RE instruments then when i press play it goes ok for a few bars (4 to 5) and then:

- All Channels LED's freeze, everywhere in mixer and master section, just completely everywhere
- down in the Track sequencer that Play locator freeze between L and R locator and the weirdest thins is song continue to play and sound is coming out even though Play locator visually indicate i pressed Stop (it's frozen in timeline).
- at the far right i can freely use Track navigation tool to move up and down in rack navigation. Sound is coming out it's jsut that everything is frozen

If i use just a few native devices in R11 session then this is not happening.

Absolutely same project (which was previously created in R10) i working absolutely fine in Reason 10. No any kind of trouble. Rock solid.

I haven't spotted these issues initially in R11 because like i said i had R10 and i worked in it. I told my self i switch to R11 when i am done with most of the ongoing projects. I just tried R11 briefly and it seemed ok (because i wasn't really loaded it with more tracks and stuff).

May i ask you how do you know they are working on upgrade can you share me some links? Did they acknowledge these performance issues here or FB or what?

Loque

13 Oct 2019

seqoi wrote:
13 Oct 2019
Loque wrote:
12 Oct 2019
Nope it's windows 10 x64.

I spent some time yesterday after i posted. I loaded more projects and test this out.

To my observation it seems like this. The more Reason 11 have devices in - the more i am able to get in the issues. Like if i am using 10 Synapse GQ7 (with inbuilt FREQ analyzer turned ON), 3-4 VST instruments, and some RE instruments then when i press play it goes ok for a few bars (4 to 5) and then:

- All Channels LED's freeze, everywhere in mixer and master section, just completely everywhere
- down in the Track sequencer that Play locator freeze between L and R locator and the weirdest thins is song continue to play and sound is coming out even though Play locator visually indicate i pressed Stop (it's frozen in timeline).
- at the far right i can freely use Track navigation tool to move up and down in rack navigation. Sound is coming out it's jsut that everything is frozen

If i use just a few native devices in R11 session then this is not happening.

Absolutely same project (which was previously created in R10) i working absolutely fine in Reason 10. No any kind of trouble. Rock solid.

I haven't spotted these issues initially in R11 because like i said i had R10 and i worked in it. I told my self i switch to R11 when i am done with most of the ongoing projects. I just tried R11 briefly and it seemed ok (because i wasn't really loaded it with more tracks and stuff).

May i ask you how do you know they are working on upgrade can you share me some links? Did they acknowledge these performance issues here or FB or what?
Create a ticket at Reason Studios.
Reason12, Win10

seqoi

13 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
13 Oct 2019
Create a ticket at Reason Studios.
What a profound advice. I already did that yesterday, how did you came to conclusion i didn't? I was thinking you guys who respond to me here have more info. PH support doesn't work over weekend hence my presence on the forum.

• Information