I just bought R11 but having issues with Kong

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
rdn

08 Oct 2019

Is there any reason why Kong is acting so odd?

I'm trying to patch some sounds to a pad but the sound will not play on the specific pad.
I can move the sound I want onto a pad that works but no bueno for other pads.

thx

09 Oct 2019

Check the pad assignments (on the right hand side of Kong).

Proboscis

10 Oct 2019

rdn wrote:
08 Oct 2019
The above suggestion may assist you, but further to that...if you're new to Kong there is an unusual design anomaly in that you might want to be aware of. If you route the audio out of individual pads, you need to select 'show drum & FX' in the left corner, which opens the module. And from the new section that appears you need to select the 'drum output' at the very bottom to tell the device which of the outputs you have used ! What's more painful, once you have done that, if you decide to drop a different sample onto a pad, it resets to Master FX so you must do the process each time.

way2cool

10 Oct 2019

its really that? reason team should have make patching to cable already switch in the software by himself I think,, now I’ reading people problem after problem, an notice a few thing on me to there, kong should make a change when you make a change,

ShelLuser

10 Oct 2019

rdn wrote:
08 Oct 2019
I'm trying to patch some sounds to a pad but the sound will not play on the specific pad.
I don't quite understand the problem, also because I can't reproduce any oddness. How are you trying to drop these samples on them, and as @probo hinted at: do you have these pads routed differently in some way?

Although I normally prefer using the synths I also use samples in Kong from time to time and I can simply drag and drop no matter what. Although I use Reason 10 myself I didn't notice this to be any different in 11 (during the brief time I tried it out).
--- :reason:

• Information