(Future Disco) MrFigg & diminished - The Test

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
diminished
Competition Winner

08 Oct 2019

Dear Reasontalk,

We're happy to present our second collaboration!

It's by far the most complex project either one of us of has ever worked on and, in total, took us almost a month to finish.

We're very proud of what a simple small idea has become and we hope you enjoy the result as much as we do :)

Have a listen on Soundcloud or YouTube:

:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

guitfnky

08 Oct 2019

very nice work! great catchy chill vibe! 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

diminished
Competition Winner

08 Oct 2019

guitfnky wrote:
08 Oct 2019
thanks man :) catchy and chill (and guit-funky) were exactly my thoughts when the Figgster sent over the first loop :)
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

guitfnky

08 Oct 2019

diminished wrote:
08 Oct 2019
guitfnky wrote:
08 Oct 2019
thanks man :) catchy and chill (and guit-funky) were exactly my thoughts when the Figgster sent over the first loop :)
😆 nice! you guys nailed it
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MannequinRaces

09 Oct 2019

Nice work fellas!! Can either of you elaborate on who did what or how you broke down mixing responsibilities, etc.?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Oct 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
09 Oct 2019
Nice work fellas!! Can either of you elaborate on who did what or how you broke down mixing responsibilities, etc.?
I played the guitars. Dim did synths and drums. Then I did synths. Then he cut up my guitar and moved notes around. Then I moved notes around. Then we did that a few times more. Then we messed about with each other’s melodies and put in extra bits. Dim wrote and sang the lyrics. Then he was worried about the singing and I didn’t like some of the guitar and so we reached the therapy stage. Then diminished arranged, mixed and mastered the whole thing which I’m really glad about because I don’t have a clue about limiters and buses and all of the stuff you use to do that. Then some minor tweaking and the result was the product you’re currently holding in your hand. :)
I hope diminished agrees with the above description of the process. He really, really worked hard with fixing and fixing. I’m in awe of his ability really. Now it’s just to decide on what genre we’re going to tackle next. Onwards and upwards :).
Last edited by MrFigg on 09 Oct 2019, edited 2 times in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

aeox
Competition Winner

09 Oct 2019

Well done gents!

Reasonable man

09 Oct 2019

Ha . Cool groove lads. Enjoyed listening to that. Keep her lit.
'FimDig' ..'Dimi and the Figster' ................................................I'll get my coat.

gullum

09 Oct 2019

Like it, but at what year does it become Disco and when will it be past disco ? :D
maybe we go back to the future

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Oct 2019

gullum wrote:
09 Oct 2019
Like it, but at what year does it become Disco and when will it be past disco ? :D
maybe we go back to the future
If you’re thinking of listening to it again tomorrow then it’s future disco.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

SoulState

09 Oct 2019

:thumbs_up:

• Information