This is kinda a bug me thinks..

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Heigen5

08 Oct 2019

Hey, I remembered this situation whereas if you plug Reason wires like this it causes a very panicy sound and can cause some ear-wounds to your whole family.

So check this short clip whereas we demonstrate it: http://www.reflexion-x.com/downloads/A_Reason_Bug.mp4

So wire this.reason file like in the video, remember to turn the volume down before doing it: http://www.reflexion-x.com/downloads/A_BUG!!.reason

The FX8 routing that goes once again via the SSL is why it happens we think. :puf_unhappy:

Heigen5

08 Oct 2019

gullum wrote:
08 Oct 2019
a feedback loop
Yeah, I think you usually never get this situation that easelie, but I still think It might be good if all the feedback situations would be forbidden.

Loque

08 Oct 2019

Heigen5 wrote:
08 Oct 2019
...I still think It might be good if all the feedback situations would be forbidden.
OMG! NO!
Reason12, Win10

gullum

08 Oct 2019

in what situation would you need connect master out through all these devices then to return on mixer FX ?

Heigen5

08 Oct 2019

Why would you like to hear that feedback sound and release as it as your new tunage?

Heigen5

08 Oct 2019

gullum wrote:
08 Oct 2019
in what situation would you need connect master out through all these devices then to return on mixer FX ?
Accidentally?

ShelLuser

08 Oct 2019

A big part of sound design can be based on feedback, it's actually being used a lot more than you give it credit for. Electric guitars for example...

I suggest giving this a good read for reference purposes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_fee ... erate_uses
--- :reason:

Heigen5

08 Oct 2019

ShelLuser wrote:
08 Oct 2019
A big part of sound design can be based on feedback, it's actually being used a lot more than you give it credit for. Electric guitars for example...

I suggest giving this a good read for reference purposes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_fee ... erate_uses
I think this routing has nothing to do with the feedback-thing you mean here, it's totally a different routing in my .reason-file compared to this.

Heigen5

08 Oct 2019

As example, that's why the Thor's Matrix has lots of forbidden routings by the way.

ShelLuser

08 Oct 2019

Heigen5 wrote:
08 Oct 2019
As example, that's why the Thor's Matrix has lots of forbidden routings by the way.
To put it simple, every major DAW I've worked with over the past 10 years has allowed for this mechanic. Live does it and quite easily too (I can send the audio from a return channel onto itself, though the option is disabled by default (you have to explicitly enable the dial)), Samplitude 9 used to allow for this and of course Reason also provides.

IMO it's not a bug if a software environment made for expression and sound design doesn't protect its users from their own mistakes, which I assume generally result from inexperience in using said software.

As for the feedback itself... Several years ago Robert Henke set up a rain effect in Live; you'd feed a sound (like a bass drum) and thanks to several routing setups the sound would swell and turn into something more rain like. An effect which was mainly build on feeding back several audio channels into themselves (return d would feed into a, return e would feed into b and return f would feed back into d). Stuff like that...

This is not a bug, it's a feature.
--- :reason:

BRIGGS

08 Oct 2019

TLDR

Feedback forbidden? lolz! :lol:

Try using a limiter. :roll:
r11s

• Information