Shoddy refund delay

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ian69

06 Oct 2019

Hi all, first post and it's not a happy one.

I've been a customer since Rebirth, Recycle and Reason 1 and I've always thought Propellerhead got it right. Not perfect but pretty close.

However, they are currently dragging their feet over a refund for an upgrade. They responded positively to the ticket same day, removed the upgrade from my PH account and promised the money would be back in my Paypal account within 5 working days. That was September 19th and the money has not yet been returned. Since then I have put in two further tickets, emailed the contact address that Paypal gave me and even tried to phone, all with no response. I know they have read the tickets because they merged them together this week but did not respond.

So I thought I'd ask if anyone else is having a similar problem. Are they always this slow? Do they have cash flow problems? Are they just picking on me?

However you look at it this is terrible business practice and has turned this happy customer into a very unhappy one - unhappy enough to post on a forum which is not something I normally do.

WillyOD

06 Oct 2019

Keep hammering on them. There is no excuse for the delays any more, surely things should have settled by now....

Just noticed this:
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... 11-release

Fredrik
5 days ago Updated (01.10.2019)

Due to the high interest in Reason 11, our Support Department has a lot of requests to handle right now.

Please, expect slightly longer response time at the moment. Your request has not been forgotten - it will be handled as soon as possible.

We're very sorry for any inconvenience!
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

Loque

06 Oct 2019

WillyOD wrote:
06 Oct 2019
Keep hammering on them.
This helps nobody...
Reason12, Win10

WillyOD

06 Oct 2019

He already has a ticket. He can use it to contact Props again and again without creating a mess of a communications. What do you mean this helps nobody?

ian69

07 Oct 2019

I accept that support are busy but my refund should have gone through and been in my hands before version 11 launched. Right now I don't know whether the problem lies with Propellerhead or with Paypal but I know PH looked at the ticket because of that merge. So I'm £109 out of pocket and very much in the dark.

Is the slow refund thing usual for PH?

ian69

08 Oct 2019

An update on this.

The refund has now been issued. Having had no luck with tickets, emails and phone calls it seems all it took was one message from Paypal (triggered by me reporting the problem to them) and miraculously it is sorted.

The Prop's explanation was "there were a minority of refund batches that were backed up for processing". Call me cynical but that sounds a bit like they just forgot to issue the refund and then lost my tickets in the glut of version 11 questions/complaints/issues.

Anyhow, sorted now, even if it does leave a bit if a sour taste in the mouth. I'll certainly think twice before handing over any more money.

BananaSkins

08 Oct 2019

Yep if any company holds back from refunds I go straight through the PayPal system; works every time... :thumbs_up:
Sad you had to resort to this though... :thumbs_down:
Last edited by BananaSkins on 09 Oct 2019, edited 2 times in total.

WillyOD

08 Oct 2019

Glad you got it sorted out. I believe what they had to say. I think you just had a case of bad luck. It would make no sense for a company to screw over a potential future customer just for a 100-200 bucks. Their ticket system may have broken down (or maybe new people working at the studio...) as they might have changed domains and network addresses internally too when they changed the company name.

(I've been a customer for a long time and never had problems.)

Hope the sour mouth fades away eventually, and maybe you can use it as an inspiration to create some music ;D

eusti

08 Oct 2019

WillyOD wrote:
08 Oct 2019
Glad you got it sorted out. I believe what they had to say. I think you just had a case of bad luck. It would make no sense for a company to screw over a potential future customer just for a 100-200 bucks. Their ticket system may have broken down (or maybe new people working at the studio...) as they might have changed domains and network addresses internally too when they changed the company name.

Hope the sour mouth fades away eventually, and maybe you can use it as an inspiration to create some music ;D
Although one could say switching your domains at the same time as launching the upgrade to version 11 is at least irresponsible or incompetent... :P

D.

Biolumin3sc3nt

08 Oct 2019

eusti wrote:
08 Oct 2019
WillyOD wrote:
08 Oct 2019

Although one could say switching your domains at the same time as launching the upgrade to version 11 is at least irresponsible or incompetent... :P

D.
I'll concur with that to some degree. I think Reason 11 was one of the most rushed releases of all time. RS is paying the price, but hang in there. I wouldn't want to be on the CS end of things at this moment in time, but You're still gonna get my Money

guitfnky

08 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
06 Oct 2019
WillyOD wrote:
06 Oct 2019
Keep hammering on them.
This helps nobody...
this helps nobody...
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

miscend

08 Oct 2019

guitfnky wrote:
08 Oct 2019
Loque wrote:
06 Oct 2019

This helps nobody...
this helps nobody...
I'm lost ??????

Skimrok

08 Oct 2019

miscend wrote:
08 Oct 2019
guitfnky wrote:
08 Oct 2019

this helps nobody...
I'm lost ??????
That’s why you can’t help anybody :lol:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

kinkujin

10 Oct 2019

I'm still waiting to hear from Reason support. Out of nowhere I got charged for VK-2 on the rent-to-own plan. I already have this. So far, it's been three days and I've heard nothing. I'm a pretty patient person but ........

BananaSkins

10 Oct 2019

Did you pay via PayPal? If so open up a PayPal dispute!

No company / person wants future money transactions with-held - that’s why a dispute usually triggers a quick response from the seller!

Loque

10 Oct 2019

kinkujin wrote:
10 Oct 2019
... Out of nowhere I got charged for VK-2 on the rent-to-own plan....
Hum...maybe i should check my own payments too :?
Reason12, Win10

kinkujin

15 Oct 2019

Ugh, my mistake. I have one month remaining on my rent-to-own. No refund necessary. Reason support got back to me.

Loque

15 Oct 2019

kinkujin wrote:
15 Oct 2019
Ugh, my mistake. I have one month remaining on my rent-to-own. No refund necessary. Reason support got back to me.
Thanks for the update. Now i am relaxed.
Reason12, Win10

ian69

15 Oct 2019

A postscript to my above (resolved) complaint. I can't resist posting this update.

One the things I tried to get the problem resolved was emailing the address given to me by PayPal: shop.admin@propellerheads.se

I sent the email on October 2nd and received a reply today, October 15th. I opened it expecting something along the lines of "We can see that the problem has been solved. Sorry for the delay." but actually it said this:
Thanks for contacting the Propellerhead Software shop team. Your e-mail has been received!

We aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If urgent, please call Propellerhead Head Office at Tel: Int+46 8 556 08 400
13 days to acknowledge receipt of the email. Does that mean that someone is sending them out manually??? Wow. Just wow. :shock:

Incidentally, feel free to try the phone number but be aware I had no success with it (and international calls are not cheap).

• Information