Reason Rack Plugin Multi-Out doesn't work

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
occide

07 Oct 2019

Hi there,

I'm using the new Rack Plugin in Live 10. I do know my way around with Reason and Live, though I'm pretty sure I configured it right there's no Audio comming from Stereo-Out 3/4...31/32. I only get Audio on the master channel.

Yes I've connected the cables on the back of the Rack. Is it a bug? Any extra setting needed?

Thanks.

Oquasec

07 Oct 2019

The red buttons.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

occide

07 Oct 2019

Thanks for the hint. But still.. nothing. :(
Attachments
reason.JPG
reason.JPG (90.62 KiB) Viewed 1461 times

chimp_spanner

07 Oct 2019

occide wrote:
07 Oct 2019

Thanks for the hint. But still.. nothing. :(
I don't know how it works in Live exactly as I've never used it but it works in Cubase.

Route devices/device outputs to plugin outputs
Disable "To Main" button
Enable plugin outputs in your host

The only 'weirdness' I've encountered is that outputs 17-32 aren't represented on the front panel of the IO device, and aren't routed to main by default. So anything connected after 16 will only come out of output 16+ of the plugin. Thought that was kinda strange but, the chances of me using that many outputs on a single rack anyway are quite slim.

occide

07 Oct 2019

Well from here on it's not a Live issue - I know how to configure it on the side of Live. You need to create a separate audio channel, switch it from "Auto" to "In" and select the input and channel as shown in my picture. Works with Kontakt, Falcon, Avenger, Younameit. But not with Reason :(

chimp_spanner

07 Oct 2019

occide wrote:
07 Oct 2019
Well from here on it's not a Live issue - I know how to configure it on the side of Live. You need to create a separate audio channel, switch it from "Auto" to "In" and select the input and channel as shown in my picture. Works with Kontakt, Falcon, Avenger, Younameit. But not with Reason :(
Sorry to hear that! Wish I could help further but Live is way outside of my realm. Would be good if you could find some other Live users here to corroborate. I can't think that it wouldn't have been tested though, as the Rack in Live was one of the first things PH/RS mentioned. Hope you get it sorted!!

PhillipOrdonez

07 Oct 2019

It definitely works in live!

ntx42

08 Oct 2019

Bumping into the same issue here.

Live 10.1.1
Reason 11.0d475
macOS 10.14.6 on iMac

Did you end up figuring out a solution?

Plus, the midi CC control list seems pretty buggy to me. Fiddling with it, I could manage to have it show two parameters Param1025 and Param1182, with only the former actually being controllable and doing something.

ShelLuser

08 Oct 2019

occide wrote:
07 Oct 2019
Well from here on it's not a Live issue - I know how to configure it on the side of Live. You need to create a separate audio channel, switch it from "Auto" to "In" and select the input and channel as shown in my picture.
First just add a midi track, add the plugin and add one instrument. For example Europa. Flip the rack and disconnect it from the main output and then reconnect to something else... say 12/13. Play and check if you get any sound on your main output. If so then this proves that you do get audio output over those channels.

However, I can confirm that if you try to grab the audio directly from those specific channels then it no longer works anymore, making me believe that those output channels aren't real. So: although the plugin adds multiple channels they're not actually being used but end up all mixed together through one (stereo) channel.
--- :reason:

• Information