Post one of your most experimental tracks

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Reasonable man

06 Oct 2019

Like all the experimental tracks.
From abandoned soundclound acc. Got into music production (and computers!) early 2016 so this is around jan 2017. I'm a late starter when it comes to technology. I rememeber i had just bought the baclkline rig for £200 and also paid £100 for stringwerk (my first rack extension which i used in this). Someone wanted music for a local celtic druid festival so i found a vocal sample online and did this. The idea was to to rip the vocal sample apart in audio and rex format (my first time really sampling) . Mostly i just hear mixing mistakes now. Druid music i guess.

Chizmata

07 Oct 2019

hehe this topic is for me...

ill go with these for now, all made with reason:

Last edited by Chizmata on 07 Oct 2019, edited 2 times in total.

Noplan
Competition Winner

08 Oct 2019

I think that this song was the most experimental because I made it together with my friends. We had a lot of percussive instruments available that came from a former esoteric shop. We recorded the song completely acoustically and then edited it. It was a lot of fun.

diminished
Competition Winner

08 Oct 2019

Noplan wrote:
08 Oct 2019
I think that this song was the most experimental because I made it together with my friends. We had a lot of percussive instruments available that came from a former esoteric shop. We recorded the song completely acoustically and then edited it. It was a lot of fun.

amazing.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

BRIGGS

08 Oct 2019

r11s

aeox
Competition Winner

09 Oct 2019

Loving what I hear on here. Hey TritoneAddiction, did I ever mention how you always start some of the most interesting threads?

Well, since I got the Suite upgrade, I was messing around with Complex-1. Usually I'd do sort of mono basses and then fill the stereo field with other instruments at higher octaves, etc. For this experiment, I basically tried to make the bass synth the "entire" frequency spectrum and stereo field.

logicalpocket

09 Oct 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
06 Sep 2019
I'll post this one I did fairly recently.
I tried many weird things here. Here's a few of them.

First of all, all the sounds are processed with CrapRE 2. That's weird enough as it is. :D
The whole track is a weird mix of genres/influnces. It became some sort of metal/electronic/fusion hybrid thing. The beat (kick and snare) almost has a Raggaton feel, but together with the super fast 16 note rhythms underneath it almost sounds more like metal drumming. Also for some reason I threw in some flutey lead sound. That doesn't make any sense at all.
Instead of cymbals I used a huge slamming/explosion sound effect. The "guitar solos" are really synths played through Kuassas Creme amp.

Oh man, this is great. The intricate kick patterns in particular are killer!
Blep

logicalpocket

09 Oct 2019

I think this is probably the most experimental thing I've done recently. I'd very recently acquired a digitone when I started working on this so I was playing around to see what kinds of weird and wonderful sounds I could get out of it. i was having a lot of fun playing around with the Kontakt drum libraries as well.

as a bonus here's some weird ASMR music I made. I thought it would be funny trying to make a track where the one of the principal sounds was made from the esses that we normally put effort into removing from our music!

Hope you like em
Blep

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

09 Oct 2019

Generative

The main kick is coming from the Drum Seq. All other drums and notes are totally random, coming from one of Thor's random LFO's waveform.

The sound quality is not brilliant as I wanted to create the video live, so I had to use 2 PC's one for graphics and one for Reason, so the audio is being sent from one PC to the other over my network.
Reason is also controlling Magic to select what graphics are being displayed and audio makes up and moves a lot of the graphics in Magic.

The PoohBear...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tips & Tutorial's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
PoohBears Reason Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

jam-s

10 Oct 2019

Here is one of my early experimental tracks from old-school tracker days: http://modarchive.org/module.php?44880

The idea I had with this track was to musically capture the tension of an asthma attack and the temporary relief the Aerosol from the inhaler gives. The reviewer obviously did not get the idea of this track as the clashing harmonies and the overall structure are intentional.

• Information