FX in Reason's own REs - available as standalone

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
tobypearce

07 Oct 2019

Reason is building up some great FX in Rack Extensions. Europa's delay is great, and now using Reason Studio I've been finding out how great the FX section is in Processed Pianos. It's got a shimmer reverb and a nice multitap delay. Neither of these are available as a separate FX plugin, although you can route audio in to Processed Pianos.

It would be great if RS (PH) could release these FX as standalone rack extensions for all reason owners. I'd get a lot of use out of the shimmer reverb in particular and it feels weird having a piano rompler in my fx chain!
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

dvdrtldg

07 Oct 2019

I've got some favourites

JPS Harmonic Synth - distortion and flanger

Ivoks synth - filter (since released as a standalone RE, so good)

Resonans - delay & reverb

Revival synth - preamp, speaker, delay

VK2 - filter

Loque

07 Oct 2019

Where i somehow agree and love to see the fx (resonating thingy) of Radiacal Piano and others as standalone, the fx in the device have create some uniqueness to the devices.

Personally i like to have the Thor delay...maybe i missed soemthing in the other delays, but i think it sounds somehow very smooth. Same goes for the wave shapers and stuff...Well, just a audio in in that devices would be enough for me - and Radical Piano and Thor have one :-)
Reason12, Win10

dvdrtldg

07 Oct 2019

Yeah the Thor delay is great. I don't know exactly why I like it so much, just sort of makes me go Ahhhhhh yessssss as soon as I turn it on

Steedus
Competition Winner

07 Oct 2019

I still think it's a lost opportunity every time I see a new RE come out (especially a Reason Stusios one) that has FX but doesn't have an audio input section. It seems like a no brainer to add more usability/functionality, especially in a platform like Reason. Case in point, literally half the reason I bought Antidote back in the day was because of the ability to use the on-board FX with other devices.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

10 Oct 2019

Steedus wrote:
07 Oct 2019
I still think it's a lost opportunity every time I see a new RE come out (especially a Reason Stusios one) that has FX but doesn't have an audio input section. It seems like a no brainer to add more usability/functionality, especially in a platform like Reason. Case in point, literally half the reason I bought Antidote back in the day was because of the ability to use the on-board FX with other devices.
I agree but gladly that's something that rarely happens nowadays. Tbh having a lot of effects from idts that don't add much to our arsenal isnt worth it IMHO. But maybe that's why umpf club drums doesn't have ins for the fx and the disco one has...

• Information