Sequences from Robotic Bean - 1.3 is out!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
buddard
RE Developer

23 Jul 2019

stp2015 wrote:
23 Jul 2019
Hi again :)

Would it be possible to add a transpose CV out (or even several copies) so that one could transpose multiple "Sequences" instances at the same time?

That way one could have a melody, bass, chords and experiment with chords of the entire song.
Or you can use a CV Spider to split the original transpose signal to various instances of Sequences?

stp2015

23 Jul 2019

I would like to use my midi controller (including all knobs etc) to control one device (e.g. Synapse Antidote, my favourite :puf_bigsmile: ), transpose the sequences attached to that device via the keyboard, and then also transpose the corresponding CVs of other "Sequences" instances.

I can do this with Pandas's Player/CV converter and CV splitter, but a direct solution would be neater (if not too much work).

Biolumin3sc3nt

24 Jul 2019

stp2015 wrote:
23 Jul 2019
I would like to use my midi controller (including all knobs etc) to control one device (e.g. Synapse Antidote, my favourite :puf_bigsmile: ), transpose the sequences attached to that device via the keyboard, and then also transpose the corresponding CVs of other "Sequences" instances.

I can do this with Pandas's Player/CV converter and CV splitter, but a direct solution would be neater (if not too much work).
I would argue that I would like to see Sequences evolve in another fashion than that. Not discounting, all I'm saying is time is money, especially when programming is involved.

Re8et
Competition Winner

11 Aug 2019

I'm absolutely in love with this player....
You know that moment..

that moment in your composition where sooo many random notes, lines, sequencers adds up, that you guess... how do I put NOW THAT into (script) MIDI? And then... oooh, just slap a sequences in before that mad Complex-1 train man...

I'm so happy with this thing...

If I had not this thing I'd buy it twice

steff3

14 Aug 2019

Hello,

if I use the pattern lane to switch patterns - can I switch Sequences from retrigger to switch to the position in the pattern (as the RE does when switch patterns manually)?
e.g. with switching into a pattern after the first beat ?

thanks
best,
steff

buddard
RE Developer

15 Aug 2019

steff3 wrote:
14 Aug 2019
Hello,

if I use the pattern lane to switch patterns - can I switch Sequences from retrigger to switch to the position in the pattern (as the RE does when switch patterns manually)?
e.g. with switching into a pattern after the first beat ?

thanks
best,
steff
I'm not sure I understand the question 100%, but yes, you can skip part of a pattern in the pattern lane if you want. If you draw a pattern clip in the pattern lane, and then resize the clip from the left or right, the "anchor point" will remain in place. This is probably better described in the Reason manual. :puf_smile:

One thing that does not work correctly, though, is recording pattern changes in real time. The RE pattern automation in Reason is sadly very much broken in this regard. So the only viable way is really to draw the pattern clips in the lane and edit them there.

lakinlakin

16 Aug 2019

buddard wrote:
15 Aug 2019
One thing that does not work correctly, though, is recording pattern changes in real time. The RE pattern automation in Reason is sadly very much broken in this regard. So the only viable way is really to draw the pattern clips in the lane and edit them there.
Hi
Is there any chance the player itself could handle pattern changes?
I have an OP-Z and can enter the pattern changes very easily e.g. press 1, then 2, 1 then 3 etc..
Thanks

BTW I love this player. It's perfect for an eight bar warrior like me

buddard
RE Developer

16 Aug 2019

lakinlakin wrote:
16 Aug 2019
buddard wrote:
15 Aug 2019
Hi
Is there any chance the player itself could handle pattern changes?
I have an OP-Z and can enter the pattern changes very easily e.g. press 1, then 2, 1 then 3 etc..
Thanks

BTW I love this player. It's perfect for an eight bar warrior like me
It wouldn't be compatible with the current pattern lane, so we would have to add some kind of switch or setting for the user to choose whether to use standard or custom pattern switching. Supporting pattern offsets would not be possible in the custom mode, instead you would have to automate the Reset button to manipulate the pattern starting point. But at least it would behave as it does when you're switching patterns "live".

Ideally I would of course prefer to work with Propellerhead to solve the root cause of the problem, but I don't know how much of a priority this is for them -- They probably have a huge backlog of other stuff they want to do.

Jackjackdaw

16 Aug 2019

It should be high on Props list! I think most folks agree R11 should basically be a big sequencer upgrade and as Players are their big USP at the moment then tighter integration is a must. Otherwise these awesome tools get perceived as toys because the user starts hitting brick walls as soon as they start to push them hard.

Jackjackdaw

17 Aug 2019

I have a cool setup going where gates are coming out of Drum Sequencer to Sequences and ratcheting through the steps. I would love it if Sequences also had a gate out cv so I could chain them up together for modular sequences.

Re8et
Competition Winner

17 Aug 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
17 Aug 2019
I have a cool setup going where gates are coming out of Drum Sequencer to Sequences and ratcheting through the steps. I would love it if Sequences also had a gate out cv so I could chain them up together for modular sequences.
Or you could use Tap player?

Jackjackdaw

21 Aug 2019

Re8et wrote:
17 Aug 2019

I tried this last night. I couldn't get the player tap to send out Sequneces note events that triggered another Sequneces steps.

buddard
RE Developer

21 Aug 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
21 Aug 2019
Re8et wrote:
17 Aug 2019

I tried this last night. I couldn't get the player tap to send out Sequneces note events that triggered another Sequneces steps.
If all you want to do is advance another Sequences that's in Stepped mode, you just connect CV Tap's Gate out to the Trig input on the other Sequences.

Jackjackdaw

22 Aug 2019

Okay so the Player tap has to be placed UNDERNEATH the sequences player :-) I was placing it on top. Working like a charm now.

ljekio

23 Sep 2019

Can I hope for note randomizer onboard Sequences in the future?
This Player is must have for every start of my projects now :)

stp2015

06 Oct 2019

Bumping this to show continued love for RB sequences :)

Also curious: Any more updates coming? Seems there would be room for a ratcheting lane? ;)

buddard
RE Developer

06 Oct 2019

Yes, there are more updates in the works!

1.2 will be a core/workflow update, and you will hopefully see one or more new lanes in 1.3.

rgdaniel

06 Oct 2019

buddard wrote:
06 Oct 2019

1.2 will be a core/workflow update, and you will hopefully see one or more new lanes in 1.3.
ATTN Reason Studio: See how easy that is to keep people in the loop without giving away the game?

stp2015

06 Oct 2019

buddard wrote:
06 Oct 2019
Great, can't wait for those!

Jackjackdaw

08 Oct 2019

Good to hear that updates are coming! I would love it if you could reverse and ping pong the direction as well as randomise.

buddard
RE Developer

17 Oct 2019

Sequences 1.2 is out!

• 3 Recording modes: Overdub, Replace, Insert
  • Existing pattern data is now carried over into recording mode, allowing overdubs on existing patterns
  • Configurable Root Key (with Learn function) for transposing via keyboard/CV
  • Drag Move/Shift buttons left or right to shift the pattern several steps in a single gesture
  • New Crop function in the Tools menu, removes all notes outside the current playback range or note selection
  • Various bug fixes and enhancements

Biolumin3sc3nt

17 Oct 2019

buddard wrote:
17 Oct 2019
Sequences 1.2 is out!

• 3 Recording modes: Overdub, Replace, Insert
  • Existing pattern data is now carried over into recording mode, allowing overdubs on existing patterns
  • Configurable Root Key (with Learn function) for transposing via keyboard/CV
  • Drag Move/Shift buttons left or right to shift the pattern several steps in a single gesture
  • New Crop function in the Tools menu, removes all notes outside the current playback range or note selection
  • Various bug fixes and enhancements
Hip[ Hip Hooray!! Nice Job Guys

future-bit

17 Oct 2019

Last edited by future-bit on 07 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

17 Oct 2019

Good stuff! Excelent video!
Reason12, Win10

friday

17 Oct 2019

Well done!

• Information