NEW in the Shop: Virtual Drummer Rack Extensions – Successors of the A-List Drummer Series

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
eusti

05 Oct 2019

joeyluck wrote:
05 Oct 2019
eusti wrote:
05 Oct 2019

Yes, I have the bug after the update. :P

D.

Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 06.17.20.png
That's weird. I'm on macOS as well, High Sierra. Is the note quantized?
Yes. If the note wasn’t quantized the RE wouldn’t play at all. That has at least been my experience.

D.

chrispy

05 Oct 2019

I'm still getting the timing bug too - on the updated versions of the RE and on Reason 11, with a quantised sequence.

It sometimes misses the first note when you begin playback, and if you play a 1 bar note into an empty second bar you'll often hear the first down beat at the start of the second bar when it's not supposed to be playing anything. Indeed, if you have a 1 bar note repeated you'll sometimes hear a phasing sound on the first beat of the bar as it plays the downbeat twice.

Interestingly, if you switch out the RE for the equivalent VST (I have the VST and RE versions of each) then the VST is perfect (using the same sequencer clip). So it would suggest it's the RE (rather than Reason sending strange transport info) that is the issue if the VST timing is perfect.

joeyluck

05 Oct 2019

eusti wrote:
05 Oct 2019
joeyluck wrote:
05 Oct 2019

That's weird. I'm on macOS as well, High Sierra. Is the note quantized?
Yes. If the note wasn’t quantized the RE wouldn’t play at all. That has at least been my experience.

D.
Weird. I still can't produce it here. I could before, but not after the REs were updated.

macOS 10.13.6
Reason 10.4 / Reason 11
Virtual Drummer RE (Heavy, Phat, Solid) version 2.0.2. Are you for sure on version 2.0.2 of the RE?
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (106.49 KiB) Viewed 1326 times

eusti

05 Oct 2019

I just synced my REs again and it's downloading the 2.0.2 updates now... Am a bit confused as I did the upgrade when the new update was already announced... Will report back once all of them downloaded...

D.

joeyluck

05 Oct 2019

eusti wrote:
05 Oct 2019
I just synced my REs again and it's downloading the 2.0.2 updates now... Am a bit confused as I did the upgrade when the new update was already announced... Will report back once all of them downloaded...

D.
Ok. Yeah 2.0.1 was the initial release. 2.0.2 was released on September 30. Not sure what might've happened on your end. Hope it works for you now.

eusti

05 Oct 2019

Yup, as you suspected: The original download didn't grab the 2.0.2 updates... Wow! Reason Studios really need to get their crap together... Seems they're not even trying these days... :(

D.

NekujaK

05 Oct 2019

When I went to update the three UJAM Virtual Drummers from "My Products" page, only the first one in the list indicated the 2.0.2 update. So I downloaded the update, then refreshed the products page, and now the second Virtual Drummer showed an update. After downloading that one, I refreshed again, and the third update link showed up. So perhaps something's wonky with the Virtual Drummer updates on the Prop Shop website.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

GRB

17 Oct 2019

The v2.0.2 update was available a few days after it was released, I was waiting for it because it fixed the first beat missing bug :) (I've contacted both RS and UJAM support and they kept me well informed about it)

However now I've noticed that if you let a loop playing for a while, the SOLID RE fails to get triggered after some time, and the only way to hear it back is to restart Reason :shock:

Since this a little difficult to explain issue I will be playing around today with a screen capture permanently recording so I can gran the exact moment it happens. I usually let the drums in a loop while I improviste new ideas on another RE/VST.

I have the A-List drums bundle so I can test if the same bug happens in the corresponding A-List RE (SOLID = A-List Studio Drummer, PHAT = A-List Classic Drummer and HEAVY = A-List Power Drummer). As soon as I have the video I'll send the bug report.

Is anybody else aware of that bug? I'm about to download the VST trial just to know if its a RE o VST fault.
R12 12.2d36 / Reason+ / R11 Suite - Win10 64bit HP i7 - 32Gb RAM - SSD / Scarlett 2i4 / Novation Launchkey 61 MK3 / Nektar Impact LX61+ / JBL 305 MKII

trenga

09 Dec 2019

Virtual Drummer 2 is described as follows: "drag and drop the MIDI information into your DAW for ultimate artistic control". But that's not possible in the RE in Reason! Does anyone know if this feature comes in a later version for the RE in Reason? I would like to edit the midi loops. This was for me a main reason to buy the RE.

• Information