And again...not a single response to my ticket or inquiries

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
RandyEspoda
Posts: 270
Joined: 14 Mar 2017

Post 03 Oct 2019

Truly, I am just about done with the 'non-serious' and childish crap from Reason support.

Why do we have to move mountains in order to get 'some' kind of response from support ?
And then it is still all for 'nothing' ? Because you still get plain ignored.

The entire help site was a bloody mess for weeks, and we got sent from left to right and back without any kind of real communication.
Then finally they fixed it so I could open a ticket.
A ticket was finally opened on September 26.

It is now October 3 and still not a single response, let alone any help.
When I ask about it via FB, and INCLUDE a screen of the actual ticket that is in status 'open', guess what response I get (after TWO days that is !) ???

"Please contact support and OPEN A TICKET if you have any issues or inquiries"

So what up 'Reason Studios' ???? How can anyone consider this, or you as a company, seriously in any way ?
Ignore your users and eventually you'll get ignored as a company...

In any case, if anyone from 'Reason Studios' happens to read this : THANKS for absolutely nothing.
Let me correct that: thanks for having me repeat myself several times for nothing, and 'then' afterwards for having me wait for another week for nothing.

And people wonder why so many users get frustrated and/or angered about their support and what have you...

My case in point. I don't expect any response anymore. That is a 'serious' issue which they themselves aren't even taking seriously.

:shock:

dezma
Posts: 136
Joined: 02 Jun 2015

Post 03 Oct 2019

I have the same experience with their support. It's infuriatiating and downright shameful as a software company. They should be embarassed

brand
Posts: 91
Joined: 11 May 2017
Location: New Jersey, US

Post 03 Oct 2019

I’ve had good response from props/rs personally. I have not opened many tickets since 9, and I find that it takes a few days but I get a response. Not sure if the nature of the question but one thing I would suggest to rs: after a reasonable amount of time (two business days?), tell the requestor that the question is still under consideration. A little communication goes a long way IMO. At least you know someone’s working on it.

superpop
Posts: 105
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 03 Oct 2019

No contact from RS since september 15 about this viewtopic.php?t=7513965

User avatar
Biolumin3sc3nt
Posts: 488
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 03 Oct 2019

What's the problem Randy?? Perhaps the Reason Community can help You out quicker than they can. Since the latest release, I don't think RS support can keep up with legitimate calls for help vs User error / I can't open RS in Ableton because I didn't click the VST3 option

So what's going on?

User avatar
Goriila Texas
Posts: 511
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Houston TX

Post 03 Oct 2019

You notice the week before and the week Reason 11 came out damn near everybody from Reason Studios was here on the forum answering questions. Now that they’ve got the money it’s back to not giving a sh!t.

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 5953
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 04 Oct 2019

My experience with support is quite good most of the time.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

botnotbot
Posts: 240
Joined: 26 Oct 2017

Post 04 Oct 2019

Goriila Texas wrote:
03 Oct 2019
You notice the week before and the week Reason 11 came out damn near everybody from Reason Studios was here on the forum answering questions. Now that they’ve got the money it’s back to not giving a sh!t.
It seems to me that you have no clue that one of the hardest crunch times for a product is after a release.

bigguy1
Posts: 28
Joined: 28 Sep 2018

Post 04 Oct 2019

I opened a ticket on monday and got a resonse yesterday. It took some time but they answered me. At the moment I imagine that they get a lot support tickets because of the new release. For me working in a software company this totally explains the higher "round trip time" of the tickets. But still for a customer this is annoying...

User avatar
Biolumin3sc3nt
Posts: 488
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 04 Oct 2019

I'm sure Mattias is having a field day on answering calls -- and open tickets

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 2749
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 04 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
04 Oct 2019
My experience with support is quite good most of the time.
Yeah, I’ve actually got to agree on this. For the most part both prompt and helpful replies.

User avatar
ShelLuser
Posts: 137
Joined: 25 Aug 2019

Post 04 Oct 2019

I know I'm also spouting the obvious but.. so far my experiences have been very good. I had 2 or 3 issues after upgrading to Reason 10 (mostly related with RE purchases) and every issue got a response within a week. My suggestion would be to be as precise and to the point as possible, thus leaving as little for them to guess or having to research.

And you can always reply to your own ticket I think....
--- :reason:
Using the 'Big trio': Ableton Live 10 suite (+ Push & Max 8), Reason 10 and Komplete 12.

IFR
Posts: 22
Joined: 07 Nov 2017

Post 04 Oct 2019

Never had a problem.

User avatar
WillyOD
Posts: 229
Joined: 20 Jan 2015
Location: Left of stardust

Post 04 Oct 2019

The support has been pretty good in the past (as long as you were willing to wait over the weekends and Swedish holidays).

I'm thinking releasing Reason 11 and changing the company name and ALL the links on the website and in the software at the same time wasn't that smart of an idea.

They might have broken connections somewhere around and just maybe support queries are not going through properly. You might want to try social medias of the world, they seem to be the best way to get a quick reply from any company these days...
Last edited by WillyOD on 04 Oct 2019, edited 1 time in total.
I've never seen so many colours... http://www.diippii.com.

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 2283
Joined: 23 Feb 2017

Post 04 Oct 2019

Never had a problem here, always replied in a few days.
Random songs/ideas go here:

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 1894
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 04 Oct 2019

I got my first reply after 3 days. Not too bad.

User avatar
tc13
Posts: 45
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 04 Oct 2019

Support, as in free support is probably quite expensive for any company. I've been in quite many situations where paid support plans is the only option to get help. Doesn't matter if you paid a couple of thousand dollars, and a monthly fee to use a cash register system, if you need any kind of support it is extra!

So free support, even if you sometimes have to wait a few days/weeks is something to be happy for.

During my years with Reason I've had to use support two times and both of this times it took a couple of days, but in the end I got all the help needed!

RandyEspoda
Posts: 270
Joined: 14 Mar 2017

Post 09 Oct 2019

Sry but I haven't visited this place since posting the OP, nor have I even read the responses here. I am so done with it all. Thank you PROPELLERHEAD or Reason Studios or whatever...

Here's the last response I got, at which point I was completely 'done' with everything regarding them...
It is unprofessional, disrespectful towards their own customers and frankly, I do not get why they act like this.
It makes them look senile, sry if that sounds harsh but that is what it looks like. I mean COME ON !

That ticket STILL isn't being handled btw.

Again, I am done. They can stick it where the Sun never shines.
I have always treated them with the upmost respect and dignity, in all my communications with them in previous years.
Then again, they treated me with the same respect and dignity by at least making sure my inquiries were heard and considered on a serious level.
Having to wait a couple days or a week never bothered me in the slightest because a response would always come within that span.

As of now though, I can only wonder why they did such a 180° turnaround towards the fricking dark side (excuse my sarcasm).

If you're wondering why I lost my 'professionalism' in my communicative means (prompted @Reason Studios!), then please look back at how you (Reason Studios) have been handling my inquiries to even be 'able' to submit a ticket, after which it was utterly ignored for weeks anyway, and inquiries via FB weren't even granted a dignified response, such as the included screen obviously shows. That ticket was open for almost two weeks before I typed that inquiry, so patience isn't the issue here.

So what the f*ck happened Reason fricking Studios ??? Lost your professionalism when they took over your company ? OR what ?
I don't even care anymore, and that ticket? Well, let it rot, just like your software apparently. I wish it a very merry future as a plugin.
Gonna slowly move away from it now. Because I have no heart for knowing when I have an issue, I am not to expect any support.
I am not feeling that at all. I'll just look for it elsewhere instead of waiting for you guys. Coming from a decade long customer btw. So thanks a lot.

And that's the level of professionalism they deserve in my responses, because I'm not getting any more professionalism from their side either.
If they'd have granted me the appropriate dignity, I wouldn't have responded in such kind. Weeks tend to start to drag on when waiting for a ticket to be resolved but no one even looks into it.

That response though here below...are you really being serious??? What a disgrace. Really...It's almost funny.

Over and out.
wtf.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
chimp_spanner
Posts: 2157
Joined: 06 Mar 2015

Post 09 Oct 2019

RandyEspoda wrote:
09 Oct 2019
Sry but I haven't visited this place since posting the OP, nor have I even read the responses here. I am so done with it all. Thank you PROPELLERHEAD or Reason Studios or whatever...

Here's the last response I got, at which point I was completely 'done' with everything regarding them...
It is unprofessional, disrespectful towards their own customers and frankly, I do not get why they act like this.
It makes them look senile, sry if that sounds harsh but that is what it looks like. I mean COME ON !

That ticket STILL isn't being handled btw.

Again, I am done. They can stick it where the Sun never shines.
I have always treated them with the upmost respect and dignity, in all my communications with them in previous years.
Then again, they treated me with the same respect and dignity by at least making sure my inquiries were heard and considered on a serious level.
Having to wait a couple days or a week never bothered me in the slightest because a response would always come within that span.

As of now though, I can only wonder why they did such a 180° turnaround towards the fricking dark side (excuse my sarcasm).

If you're wondering why I lost my 'professionalism' in my communicative means (prompted @Reason Studios!), then please look back at how you (Reason Studios) have been handling my inquiries to even be 'able' to submit a ticket, after which it was utterly ignored for weeks anyway, and inquiries via FB weren't even granted a dignified response, such as the included screen obviously shows. That ticket was open for almost two weeks before I typed that inquiry, so patience isn't the issue here.

So what the f*ck happened Reason fricking Studios ??? Lost your professionalism when they took over your company ? OR what ?
I don't even care anymore, and that ticket? Well, let it rot, just like your software apparently. I wish it a very merry future as a plugin.
Gonna slowly move away from it now. Because I have no heart for knowing when I have an issue, I am not to expect any support.
I am not feeling that at all. I'll just look for it elsewhere instead of waiting for you guys. Coming from a decade long customer btw. So thanks a lot.

And that's the level of professionalism they deserve in my responses, because I'm not getting any more professionalism from their side either.
If they'd have granted me the appropriate dignity, I wouldn't have responded in such kind. Weeks tend to start to drag on when waiting for a ticket to be resolved but no one even looks into it.

That response though here below...are you really being serious??? What a disgrace. Really...It's almost funny.

Over and out.

wtf.png
Just a quick thought Randy - some plugins (such as Kontakt) require you to manually assign a parameter on the synth to an automation ID before they can be remote controlled. I don't own Syntronik so I can't try it out but is there anywhere on the plugin where you can map controls in this way? I would be willing to be that once you do that, you can remote-control the parameter. Let me know if it works for you!
Enjoy!

http://www.paulortizmusic.com

2017 MBP | 16GB | Steinberg UR44 | Reason 10.4 | Cubase Pro 10.5

User avatar
chimp_spanner
Posts: 2157
Joined: 06 Mar 2015

Post 09 Oct 2019

Hey again Randy - out of curiosity I downloaded the demo so I could see what you were on about. As I suspected this is down to the parameters not being mapped to any host automation. However, and I've pasted this from a review of Syntronik:

"Perhaps most distressing is the lack of host automation—Syntronik only allows you to assign MIDI CCs to controls via MIDI Learn."

Indeed if you go to create new automation for Syntronik, there are no parameters available (beyond basic performance like pitch wheel, mod wheel). So this feels more like a problem with Syntronik than Reason, and Reason Studios would not be able to address this. IK Multimedia need to add host automation to their plugin.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me knows a way around this? I'm assuming that in Reason, only things that can be automated, can be remote mapped. Is there a way to just send CC directly to the plugin?
Enjoy!

http://www.paulortizmusic.com

2017 MBP | 16GB | Steinberg UR44 | Reason 10.4 | Cubase Pro 10.5

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Ears and 1 guest