(electronica) chicken casserole

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
one

04 Oct 2019

motuscott

04 Oct 2019

Can I get that to go with a side of Reason 12 feature requests.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

DougalDarkly

04 Oct 2019

Deleted
Last edited by DougalDarkly on 09 Jan 2020, edited 1 time in total.

one

04 Oct 2019

DougalDarkly wrote:
04 Oct 2019
one wrote:
04 Oct 2019
I'm not sure if you're asking for direct feedback, but I'll assume you are so here goes!

Of the tracks you've posted so far, I like this one the most - mainly because it's long enough to 'get' the groove.

I really like it - good groove, good build up/intro - all the parts are there, but there are a couple of things that stand out to me that could be 'improved' (you can also take that as 'more to my liking'):

Mix - One of the claps and a tambourine-type sound are way too loud/prominent.
Arrangement - I think it would work better if you move the first minute or so of your last 2 minutes (the 'outro'?) in the middle there somewhere, providing a breakdown so you can switch back to the main groove for some impact/interest, then leave just a minute or so of outro on the end.
General Interest/keeping it going - Modulation is your friend here, I reckon it would be more interesting to have some parts changing over a few bars or so, to make the listener focus on the different (and cool) parts of your main groove. You can go the old favourites of filters/panning etc, or come up with any number of weird and wonderful fx routings (Reason FTW) that you can then fade in and out or switch on and off to provide more variety and thus sustain the main groove for longer without getting boring.

As I said, I really like it, and the rest of the stuff you've posted too - I look forward to more! :D
kinder lost interest in tbh, if you want the RNS see what you can do to it, send me the wav back see if we can make some money ??

DougalDarkly

04 Oct 2019

Deleted

• Information