Glitch by Ochen K, anyone use this?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
miscend

03 Oct 2019

The probability knobs on this don't seem to do anything. The effects just trigger all the time even with probability at say 1%.

diminished
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2019

Enable "Random" on the left.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

miscend

03 Oct 2019

diminished wrote:
03 Oct 2019
Enable "Random" on the left.
Okay seems to work best when triggered manually with Midi. When you click Random, it doesn't randomly add glitches to the dry signal triggered by the probability values and step resolution like how you would expect. It behaves in the complete opposite way :shock:

scratchnsnifff

04 Oct 2019

I miss ochen k

4mer was the first Re synth that I purchased

lol haven’t really used it much, but I remember it being good for bass sounds

As far as glitch goes, it’s the best cheap alternative for any of the stutter devices in the shop :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Oct 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
04 Oct 2019
I miss ochen k

As far as glitch goes, it’s the best cheap alternative for any of the stutter devices in the shop :)
I miss Ochen K too. As I said in a thread a short while ago I tried contacting him recently but got no answer. He seems just to have withdrawn from the world of REs. A real shame as he was pretty innovative in his approach.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Hazel

11 Oct 2019

That RE is one of my very favorites I have. The easiest way to use it is by automating the enable buttons exactly where you want the effect. The other much more extensive setup is to use the random feature. The way I do it is that I use the spare channels usually as just pass through, so in other words, just a clean audio signal. When you then set a probability to another it will mostly just trigger the clean audio most of the time and then just once in a while hit an actual effect channel, which of course you can use the spare channels for pretty much whatever other effects you want. You can also just use another device to cv trigger the enable buttons for a completely alternative method. The only other device I have by this creator is the EDS06s, which I think is pretty interesting as well, but just like the glitch, it takes a little time on it to really open it up. I have been impressed with both of these and I probably should sometime check out a few of the others a bit. That's too bad to hear that this developer has disappeared.

jappe

11 Oct 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
04 Oct 2019
I miss ochen k

Maybe, maybe, Ochen K would be interested to continue on the RE path, now that the Reason rack plugin broadens the market for him.
EDIT: sent him a PM about it...hoping he'll read the mail notification from that...

VariableX

11 Oct 2019

I use it for tape stop and stutter.
Always found it easiest to automate in the sequencer..
but i agree its not intuitive to figure out how it works, i think i watched a youtube video by kickback cotures ...

moneykube

11 Oct 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
11 Oct 2019
i think i watched a youtube video by kickback cotures ...
which one the effectrics glitch one?... there are many videos
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

VariableX

11 Oct 2019

moneykube wrote:
11 Oct 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
11 Oct 2019
i think i watched a youtube video by kickback cotures ...
not to sure exactly what you are asking, sorry.
but it was a kickback couture video on tapestops i think from memory...

I use the ochen k effects as a send effect and then automate it in the sequencer, chance and vol at full, then in the mixer you max out the effect on every track ... works well for tapestop, gate and stutter effects ( all available from the same ochen k RE )

moneykube

12 Oct 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
11 Oct 2019
moneykube wrote:
11 Oct 2019

not to sure exactly what you are asking, sorry.
but it was a kickback couture video on tapestops i think from memory...

I use the ochen k effects as a send effect and then automate it in the sequencer, chance and vol at full, then in the mixer you max out the effect on every track ... works well for tapestop, gate and stutter effects ( all available from the same ochen k RE )
ok cool... saw that one in the list thanks
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Oct 2019

jappe wrote:
11 Oct 2019
scratchnsnifff wrote:
04 Oct 2019
I miss ochen k

Maybe, maybe, Ochen K would be interested to continue on the RE path, now that the Reason rack plugin broadens the market for him.
EDIT: sent him a PM about it...hoping he'll read the mail notification from that...
He hasnt been active on the forum since December 2017. In this thread he said there’d be no more REs and he wasn’t interested in making VSTs
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7503367&p=363830#p363830
I used to write to him with questions about his REs and always, always got a reply within a day or two. I wrote to him twice within the last six months and haven’t heard anything back.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

VIVIsect

12 Oct 2019

miscend wrote:
03 Oct 2019
The probability knobs on this don't seem to do anything. The effects just trigger all the time even with probability at say 1%.
I tried the demo a while back and was having the same issue, with it just constantly triggering at even 1%. I have other glitch FX like Looperator by Sugar Bytes and Glitch 2 by Illformed, so I guess I don't need another. But I liked the idea of the random function in the Glitch RE. Too bad.

scratchnsnifff

13 Oct 2019

jappe wrote:
11 Oct 2019
scratchnsnifff wrote:
04 Oct 2019
I miss ochen k

It would be awesome!

The release of vst in Reason really messed up the Re developer numbers

It seems like a lot of them decided to just make vst. If propellerhead made the rack vst first, then allowed vst in Reason. I feel like we would still have more action in the developer community

Idk how many left. But it seems like a lot of the big ones are on to other projects (blamsoft, Rob papen, and others)

Rob papen is a different case, as he still makes Re. But idk if I see him deciding to make another reason only synth.

I feel like it’s so bizarre how the Re SDK has improved tremendously, and now that people can load samples, have multiple pages, custom displays etc, there aren’t many heavy hitters taking the opportunity to make high end synths and effects.

I’m not trying to knock any developers in the Re game. But imo blamsoft was the best to ever do it. They would always bring something new, and their products fit right into the reason rack. Everything was on point. And they would continually update their devices.
One last note. Sure we don’t need new synths. But when a developer makes something special. It’s just pure awesomeness. I love seeing what people can make! Expanse and Europa are two stellar examples of what the newer sdk can achieve.

Hopefully ochen k makes a comeback. I’d love to see a mini modular FX rack. But one that’s filled with CV and creative FX

:)

Loque

13 Oct 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
13 Oct 2019

I am curious why you think that? I can imagine, that more VST developers might think to integrate their stuff into the Reason Rack VST if some ppl get addicted to CV.
Reason12, Win10

scratchnsnifff

13 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
13 Oct 2019
scratchnsnifff wrote:
13 Oct 2019

I am curious why you think that? I can imagine, that more VST developers might think to integrate their stuff into the Reason Rack VST if some ppl get addicted to CV.
That is best case scenario. Hopefully more developers take another look at Reason and approach it that way

I just feel like they did these releases backwards lol

The older issue with Re is that users couldn’t use them anywhere else.

If they made the rack vst first, they could have made 10 the release for grain and Europa + the workflow stuff

11 could have dropped vst in Reason

In the meantime they wouldn’t have seen the fall of a fair amount of developers because Reason can host vst.

That’s the number one answer that developers give when asking if they would ever make a Re. I just feel like it’s a cop out answer.

However, I have gotten better yet disappointing answers like “too busy, I want to but don’t have the time or money”
Etc

Idk, as cool as vst is in Reason, I wish it didn’t happen. There appears to be a direct correlation with my favorite company jumping ship ( for lack of a more appropriate saying) and vst in Reason

All this being said, that doesn’t mean that other companies haven’t been killing it. Robotic bean, lectric panda, and the props have made some damn awesome work this past year :)

• Information