Will Upgrade R11 be on sale come Black Friday?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Leighbeater

01 Oct 2019

Will the suite version be on sale?

Or is it too close to release date?

When do you think it will be on sale if so?

Want to get Suite upgrade but Australian Dollar is killing me

Faastwalker

01 Oct 2019

Leighbeater wrote:
01 Oct 2019
The R11 standard upgrade is just shy of $200 AUS. That's not going to happen for me for this upgrade.

Loque

01 Oct 2019

The answers are speculative. Yes.
Reason12, Win10

Leighbeater

02 Oct 2019

Faastwalker wrote:
01 Oct 2019
Leighbeater wrote:
01 Oct 2019
The R11 standard upgrade is just shy of $200 AUS. That's not going to happen for me for this upgrade.
Oh Yeah it hurts fingers cross there is some deals in the near future, I remember R10 they brought the upgrade down to $99 USD but can't remember when it was

Leighbeater

02 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
01 Oct 2019
The answers are speculative. Yes.
I think they will just a matter of when, I might have to be patient

Yonatan

02 Oct 2019

RS is now competing on an even bigger market where it might be hard not to have any % off.

Faastwalker

02 Oct 2019

Leighbeater wrote:
02 Oct 2019
Faastwalker wrote:
01 Oct 2019

Oh Yeah it hurts fingers cross there is some deals in the near future, I remember R10 they brought the upgrade down to $99 USD but can't remember when it was
It really all comes down to what is in the upgrade & how much this is worth to each individual. The upgrade price is always the same. But the upgrade worth is not. I would have given my right arm when we got the MIDI out device. A lot of people would not have been interested in this at all.

Some Reason upgrades have been worth more than others to me over the years. But the R11 upgrade is the first ever upgrade I have not bought. The main thing here is Reason as a VST. Reason is the only thing I use so personally this has little to no worth to me at this stage.

NaviRetlav

02 Oct 2019

In the year when Reason 10 was out, the upgrade wasn't in the black Friday sale.

stratatonic

02 Oct 2019

NaviRetlav wrote:
02 Oct 2019
In the year when Reason 10 was out, the upgrade wasn't in the black Friday sale.
Reason 10 was released Oct 25 and went on sale Black Friday Nov 22-27 for $99
viewtopic.php?t=7504350

stratatonic

02 Oct 2019

But maybe Reason 10 didn't initially sell so well, so Propellerhead gave the discount so early to get the cash..
With the additional money coming from Suite and Reason 11 seemingly a better upgrade than 10, it may not happen BF this year.
Who knows? It'll go on sale eventually if you're patient.

moneykube

02 Oct 2019

Faastwalker wrote:
01 Oct 2019
Leighbeater wrote:
01 Oct 2019
169 canadian... not much value for the cost
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Catblack

02 Oct 2019

Faastwalker wrote:
02 Oct 2019
Leighbeater wrote:
02 Oct 2019

It really all comes down to what is in the upgrade & how much this is worth to each individual. The upgrade price is always the same. But the upgrade worth is not. I would have given my right arm when we got the MIDI out device. A lot of people would not have been interested in this at all.

Some Reason upgrades have been worth more than others to me over the years. But the R11 upgrade is the first ever upgrade I have not bought. The main thing here is Reason as a VST. Reason is the only thing I use so personally this has little to no worth to me at this stage.
I agree with you here. I have not bought it, and I consider myself a huge, huge fan of the DAW. There just isn't enough value here for me to purchase it.

I think they are making a BIG mistake not putting the R11 upgrade and R11 Suite in the Rewards program. In fact, why haven't they just made those Reward vouchers applicable to any of their products? I mean seriously!

Why the hell should we be having these threads about 'will it go on sale?' or 'hey look it's a little cheaper if you buy it from this other vendor...' when THEY made a Rewards program for their loyal customers, and now so many of their loyal customers are passing on the upgrade to their main product. Doesn't this company want us happy and advocating for them?
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

zumBeispiel

02 Oct 2019

Faastwalker wrote:
02 Oct 2019

I would have given my right arm when we got the MIDI out device. A lot of people would not have been interested in this at all.
:thumbs_up:

VST Midi out, please.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

02 Oct 2019

zumBeispiel wrote:
02 Oct 2019
Faastwalker wrote:
02 Oct 2019
I would have given my right arm when we got the MIDI out device. A lot of people would not have been interested in this at all.
VST Midi out, please.
And using VST in the Rack Plugin. Then I'll probably upgrade from 10...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

zoidkirb

02 Oct 2019

Catblack wrote:
02 Oct 2019

I agree with you here. I have not bought it, and I consider myself a huge, huge fan of the DAW. There just isn't enough value here for me to purchase it.

I think they are making a BIG mistake not putting the R11 upgrade and R11 Suite in the Rewards program. In fact, why haven't they just made those Reward vouchers applicable to any of their products? I mean seriously!

Why the hell should we be having these threads about 'will it go on sale?' or 'hey look it's a little cheaper if you buy it from this other vendor...' when THEY made a Rewards program for their loyal customers, and now so many of their loyal customers are passing on the upgrade to their main product. Doesn't this company want us happy and advocating for them?
Very good points. I really like Reason too and have spent enough in the last 2 years to amass 2x $50 vouchers but I'm not upgrading either. Instead I'll wait for the inevitable $30 off bf deal be it this year or next. Or perhaps I'll wait for r12. I think giving those users the chance to use their voucher on the upgrade would have pushed that choice into the 'no brainer' category and convinced a lot more to upgrade day 1. On average I can't see them losing money over this proposition and there's less chance people will drift away completely, spending money elsewhere as they go.

moneykube

02 Oct 2019

always sales bro.... it is those that can't wait that get insulted :lightbulb:
and I am also guilty of this
:oops:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

zoidkirb

02 Oct 2019

moneykube wrote:
02 Oct 2019
always sales bro.... it is those that can't wait that get insulted :lightbulb:
and I am also guilty of this
:oops:
Oh yeah definitely, never pay full price unless you need a tool for work or something is so fun you'll get lots of use straight away. Personally I'm still having fun on 10.4 and a multitude of re's and vst's.

Faastwalker

02 Oct 2019

zumBeispiel wrote:
02 Oct 2019
Faastwalker wrote:
02 Oct 2019

VST Midi out, please.
Oh right. So you can't do MIDI out from the Reason plug-in? That's unfortunate. So much good CV > MIDI stuff in Reason. When everyone was getting excited about Ableton Live's CV tools a while back. I was thinking that Reason has had these virtual CV tools forever. It's just a bit of clever marketing on Ableton's part. Nothing special. Reason should be shouting this feature from the roof tops. But it's not really. Never has. People were not so interested in the virtual CV stuff unless they were into synthesis & programming. That's changed significantly with the massive popularity of Eurorack, hence why Ableton jumped on this. Bitwig did the same. Reason should be to.

zumBeispiel

02 Oct 2019

Faastwalker wrote:
02 Oct 2019

Oh right. So you can't do MIDI out from the Reason plug-in? That's unfortunate.
Just to be precise, I really wish VST midi out into Reason, the main program. Reason is my DAW, I don’t care about Reason as a plugin itself at all.

reggie1979

02 Oct 2019

I don't ever remember a discount ( I've been around since 8 )

I'll likely hold off ( 11 is "ok" but not 129 bucks "ok" to me so far........... )

jlgrimes

03 Oct 2019

Leighbeater wrote:
01 Oct 2019

Will the suite version be on sale?

Or is it too close to release date?

When do you think it will be on sale if so?

Possibly. Suite is just extra RE's which usually go on sale anyways at various times of the year.

Faastwalker

03 Oct 2019

Catblack wrote:
02 Oct 2019
The Rewards scheme is a bit of a non-starter. It's been running a while now & there's less than 30 items in there (including RE's & Refills). Be nice to see more options in there. And if it really was a 'reward' scheme then why not allow existing users to spend their 'rewards' on Reason upgrades for one thing? I do not feel rewarded.

Hats off to RoboticBean & Lectric Panda for putting some of their devices into the Rewards scheme. But beyond that there are not many takers. It's mostly Propellerhead ...... sorry Reason Studios (not going to get used to that in a hurry) products & SoftTube. It looks more like a convoluted, re-packaged sales area more than anything else.

Oquasec

04 Oct 2019

My fam doesn't mind but anyways you have to options.
130$ directly or 45$ a month from sweetwater to upgrade.
For new users it would be 144$ a month or 400$.
For new users it would be 100$ total for entry level.
For regular users it would be 235 for suite or something.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

reggie1979

04 Oct 2019

Not likely. But whatever....................

Faastwalker

04 Oct 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
04 Oct 2019
Not likely. But whatever....................
Stranger things have happened.

• Information