Why is PX7 not included in Reason 11 Suite?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
bigguy1

01 Oct 2019

I wonder why PX7 is not included in the Reason 11 Suite. All the other Reason Studio REs are included but PX7 and the A-List Guitarists. I am guessing that the A-List instruments will be replaced by a future version of Ujam as they did with the A-List Drummers. Hence A-List is not in Suite but why is PX7 missing?

Any educated guess?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Oct 2019

Because they’ll probably include it in Reason 12 as a selling point and folk are probably still buying it from the “Rewards” section. Milk the people dry.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Ermitage

01 Oct 2019

MrFigg wrote:
01 Oct 2019
Because they’ll probably include it in Reason 12 as a selling point and folk are probably still buying it from the “Rewards” section. Milk the people dry.
12? That's a bit of an unambitious take. To optimize profits they need as many as possible to upgrade to 11 first. Now, they could do this by introducing relevant features, but why do that when it's easier to have a short promotional discount where PX7 is included for free if you upgrade?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Oct 2019

Ermitage wrote:
01 Oct 2019
MrFigg wrote:
01 Oct 2019
12? That's a bit of an unambitious take. To optimize profits they need as many as possible to upgrade to 11 first. Now, they could do this by introducing relevant features, but why do that when it's easier to have a short promotional discount where PX7 is included for free if you upgrade?
Because they think that Suite is incentive enough.
But sure...give them a months or two and they probably will.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Ermitage

01 Oct 2019

MrFigg wrote:
01 Oct 2019
Ermitage wrote:
01 Oct 2019

I mean, they're probably saving the HDPi for version 12.

guitfnky

01 Oct 2019

people think getting 16 devices for a $250 upgrade price isn’t a good enough deal? when at least four or five of those sell for $100 apiece, at normal price...

really?
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

diminished
Competition Winner

01 Oct 2019

guitfnky wrote:
01 Oct 2019
people think getting 16 devices for a $250 upgrade price isn’t a good enough deal? when at least four or five of those sell for $100 apiece, at normal price...

really?
Nobody said that.
It's still a good question, why PX7 is not and Parsec for example is. PX7 is older iirc and has free VST counterparts. Maybe it's still selling well enough because of the 200k patches available.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

guitfnky

01 Oct 2019

diminished wrote:
01 Oct 2019
guitfnky wrote:
01 Oct 2019

really?
Nobody said that.
It's still a good question, why PX7 is not and Parsec for example is. PX7 is older iirc and has free VST counterparts. Maybe it's still selling well enough because of the 200k patches available.
not explicitly said, no, but it seemed implied, to me (particularly the “milking us dry” comment.

as for the fact that it’s an RS device and lots of other RS devices are included, didn’t OP say there was just this one and the A-List stuff that isn’t included? what about Pulsar and Synchronous? those aren’t included in any of the Reason versions, are they? asking because I genuinely don’t know—I was on top of them when they were free, briefly.

diminished
Competition Winner

01 Oct 2019

guitfnky wrote:
01 Oct 2019
diminished wrote:
01 Oct 2019

Nobody said that.
not explicitly said, no, but it seemed implied, to me (particularly the “milking us dry” comment.

as for the fact that it’s an RS device and lots of other RS devices are included, didn’t OP say there was just this one and the A-List stuff that isn’t included? what about Pulsar and Synchronous? those aren’t included in any of the Reason versions, are they? asking because I genuinely don’t know—I was on top of them when they were free, briefly.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pulsar and Synchronous are included in R10
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

VariableX

01 Oct 2019

guitfnky wrote:
01 Oct 2019

really?
yes absolutly

VariableX

01 Oct 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
01 Oct 2019
guitfnky wrote:
01 Oct 2019

really?
yes absolutely, because we own more than half of them already!

guitfnky

01 Oct 2019

diminished wrote:
01 Oct 2019
guitfnky wrote:
01 Oct 2019

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pulsar and Synchronous are included in R10
ah, looked it up, and right you are! 👍🏼

guitfnky

01 Oct 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
01 Oct 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
01 Oct 2019

yes absolutely, because we own more than half of them already!
so...if you’re not saving anything upgrading to the Suite, just get the normal upgrade. unless you just like spending money? 😆

diminished
Competition Winner

01 Oct 2019

And if I may answer, I think MrFigg is simply taking a jab at Reason Studios for not offering the "complete your bundle" option, for people like him and myself who already own 8+ devices of the Suite bundle. If he bought PX7 today like he did with all the RE in the past for a full price, Murphy's law dictates that it'll be included in R12 :-)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Oct 2019

Yeah thanks diminished. Pretty much that. “Milking people dry” was a pretty cynical statement and it really is only from my own personal perspective. The implication was not that I don’t think Suite is great. It is great. What I said was based on the fact that I’ve paid maybe 8 or 9 times more for devices now included in Rigs, Suite and included free with upgrades. I won’t bore you with the details as you’ve heard them all before. I also know all the arguments including “well you had the use of them longer” etc. Sure I did...but when you buy a device full price (more than one in my case) within a year of it then being included in some sort of ultra bundle of course it can result in cynicism. So that’s all I was saying really. I’m leaving it at that though. Lesson learned. Accepted and moving on with my life. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

01 Oct 2019

that’s fair. 👍🏼 you have a healthy attitude about it, which is refreshing.

hurricane
Competition Winner

01 Oct 2019

I'm gonna guess it's because PX7 is a high seller, based on nothing other than logic, cuz why would they include something in a bundle that's one of their very best sellers? Not that I'm representative of a huge part of their target market, but other than Parsec (which I regret buying), it's the only RE in the bundle that I've purchased.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

bigguy1

01 Oct 2019

If Reason Studios wanted to "milk" everyone, they could have just included half of their rack extensions and spared some of the others for Reason 12. I'm not sure with this. They included 16 devices and left just PX7???

Btw for most users the Reason Suite seems to be a very good offer. I can very well understand that if you bought most of this stuff for a lot of money, that seems kind of unfair but in most cases you were able to use them for quite some time, weren't you? I own 4 of this 16 devices and very recently bought 3 of them and I think about buying Reason Suite. I learned that it makes no sense to be annoyed by stuff that does not belong to my "circle of influence". So I'm not regretting my purchases.

earwig83

01 Oct 2019

__________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by earwig83 on 11 Dec 2019, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Oct 2019

bigguy1 wrote:
01 Oct 2019

Btw for most users the Reason Suite seems to be a very good offer. I can very well understand that if you bought most of this stuff for a lot of money, that seems kind of unfair but in most cases you were able to use them for quite some time, weren't you? I own 4 of this 16 devices and very recently bought 3 of them and I think about buying Reason Suite. I learned that it makes no sense to be annoyed by stuff that does not belong to my "circle of influence". So I'm not regretting my purchases.
That’s what I said.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Yonatan

01 Oct 2019

I think it mostly has to be a safety thing. Look what happen to Line 6 amps, and then to Rebirth. Big fishes can eat the medium sized if they get too obvious.

r_ek

02 Oct 2019

Well they did update Parsec, so maybe PX7 is getting a makeover first

sdst
Competition Winner

02 Oct 2019

I remember some users saying that this was going to be included in reason 11

they were close. :lol:

Data_Shrine

02 Oct 2019

Ermitage wrote:
01 Oct 2019
MrFigg wrote:
01 Oct 2019

I mean, they're probably saving the HDPi for version 12.
You're quite optimistic. HDPi is so overdue, I think the only way it's gonna happen is if Reason can't be displayed properly by any monitor still available in the world (circa year 3050). I'm just kidding (right..?) but anyway if you want some DX7 action while waiting on PX7, you guys should try Dexed, it's very good. And free. And you can load your patches into a DX7 if you have one.

https://asb2m10.github.io/dexed/

fieldframe
RE Developer

02 Oct 2019

I wouldn't be surprised if PX7 is a perennial bestseller in the shop. Suite was clearly an answer to "what do we do with all these Rack Extensions that aren't selling as well?"

Which is not to say the REs in Suite aren't good ones! Parsec is the best additive synthesizer I've used. I'd just imagine its value proposition was never as clear as "a DX7 in the rack with a good UI." Same for Complex-1; everyone knows Yamaha but fewer know Buchla.

• Information