Reason 11 issues

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EnochLight

26 Sep 2019

itmuckel wrote:
26 Sep 2019
The link just brings me to a page filled with support categories etc. If anyone managed to resolve the issue they may post a solution here please. :-)
Are you running any sort of scripts or blockers in your Internet browser? Maybe you're getting redirected for some reason, because when I click on the link I am lead to an actual support ticket page. Also, make sure you are logged into your Reason Studios account before clicking the link...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

itmuckel

26 Sep 2019

DuckDuckGo Privacy Enhancement caused the redirection. Turning it off allows me to add a ticket. :-)

EnochLight

26 Sep 2019

itmuckel wrote:
26 Sep 2019
DuckDuckGo Privacy Enhancement caused the redirection. Turning it off allows me to add a ticket. :-)
:lol: Great to hear you got things sorted. Good luck!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

rudiarii

26 Sep 2019

itmuckel wrote:
26 Sep 2019
This happens when I drag the Reason Rack VST into a track in Studio One 4.5. Why? :(
Are you trying to run "offline"?
"dont let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold" Incubus

VIVIsect

26 Sep 2019

itmuckel wrote:
26 Sep 2019
This happens when I drag the Reason Rack VST into a track in Studio One 4.5. Why? :(
Yup, I'm getting the exact same thing in Ableton Live. Came here to see if anyone else is having the same problem. Anyone know a solution yet? Damn annoying.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (65.02 KiB) Viewed 5307 times

PhillipOrdonez

26 Sep 2019

VIVIsect wrote:
26 Sep 2019
itmuckel wrote:
26 Sep 2019
Yup, I'm getting the exact same thing in Ableton Live. Came here to see if anyone else is having the same problem. Anyone know a solution yet? Damn annoying.
I got that today because I've added the rack plugin to my template, and after a crash I got this message and wouldn't let me open ableton at all. I was downloading a rack extension and it finished downloading around the same time. I've been having issues with authoriser but I reckon I've solved the issue. No idea if this applies to you but try what I did:

First, I opened Reason standalone and made sure my offline auth and all rack extensions licences were up to date on my system. Then I opened a project that did not contain the rack plugin. Then I opened a new project (with the rack plugin) and it all went well, so I just opened the project I was working on before the crash and that was the end of it.

I hope that helps!

botnotbot

27 Sep 2019

The standalone 11 is hiccuping for me with the DSP monitor barely at 3 bars :(

At first I thought it was the low-resolution thing, switched that on, but still no dice. I will try upgrading to the OS to Mojave over the weekend to see if that sorts anything.

itmuckel

27 Sep 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
26 Sep 2019
VIVIsect wrote:
26 Sep 2019

I got that today because I've added the rack plugin to my template, and after a crash I got this message and wouldn't let me open ableton at all. I was downloading a rack extension and it finished downloading around the same time. I've been having issues with authoriser but I reckon I've solved the issue. No idea if this applies to you but try what I did:

First, I opened Reason standalone and made sure my offline auth and all rack extensions licences were up to date on my system. Then I opened a project that did not contain the rack plugin. Then I opened a new project (with the rack plugin) and it all went well, so I just opened the project I was working on before the crash and that was the end of it.

I hope that helps!
Well I cannot even add the reason rack vst, because it crashes. Still waiting for the Reason boyz to answer my support ticket. :)

jlgrimes

27 Sep 2019

I keep having Reason crash/freeze upon VST scan. Had to remove Independence from my folder to prevent freezing. Now it is crashing on other VSTs (haven't figured out which one yet). Haven't opened it yet.

It seems to work fine on my Windows box. It is my Mac where it is having issues. The beta version seemed to work fine though.

RCC1976

27 Sep 2019

itmuckel wrote:
27 Sep 2019
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
26 Sep 2019

I hope that helps!
Well I cannot even add the reason rack vst, because it crashes. Still waiting for the Reason boyz to answer my support ticket. :)
I was having a crashing issue whenever I tried to use the plugin but found that it seemed to be a problem with using an Ignition Key for authorization.

I don't have a problem starting the stand alone version with the Ignition Key but I need to unplug it before using the plugin. Then when the login screen appears I re-connect the Ignition key and cancel the login screen. The plugin then works.

I should probably move my authorizations off the Ignition Key (which has always been problematic) and onto my computer but when I attempted to start this process there was an error on the website. I think I'll wait a little while before I do this as they seem to be having lots of problems at the moment.

Belltunes

28 Sep 2019

Belltunes wrote:
25 Sep 2019
After downloading Reason 11 I opened up my Cakewalk DAW and the VST scan is bringing up errors for any rack items associated with reason. It allows the option for these items to be enabled but they are listed as risky. It also appears that I have to enable everything associated with reason one at a time in my DAW? This doesn't seem right. Not sure how to approach this. Anyone else having this experience?

reason_error_in_cakewalk.png
I sorted out the issue I was having. I took a risk and enabled the plugins that were presented in an error message as 'risky' in my cakewalk DAW and all works as expected now. This may have been an error message specific to cakewalk I don't know. Anyway, all is good!

gullum

28 Sep 2019

This scarred DA shit out of me

but it is a project I saved in beta version and when opened in full version nothing worked as expected

Electric-Metal

28 Sep 2019

gullum wrote:
28 Sep 2019

but it is a project I saved in beta version and when opened in full version nothing worked as expected
Yep, just came across the same issue :(
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

ast3rix

28 Sep 2019

I'm having issues with rack in Ableton. When I tried to save a session today it crashed my instance of Live. I only had 1 instance of rack open with a single instance of Kontakt. Normally, I'm able to recover when you open Live again after a crash, but this time. No session file at all... very strange stuff. I'm glad it was just a concept that I just started...

gullum

29 Sep 2019

That has happened again with a song saved in Reason 11 final version so I have reported it to RS

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2019

gullum wrote:
28 Sep 2019

Same here and also the Reason 11 Suite synths doesn't always work in my project.

Sometimes Reason 11 doesn't even open. That's pretty bad. I restart my computer. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

retreed
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2019

In case the playhead gets stuck in one of your bigger projects, I have found out a way to reduce this issue until RS will fix it:

Remove and/or deactivate all the metering plugins (e.g. Skope, Spektrum, GQ-7 Analyzer on the back of the device and others) in such a project. The less graphics on certain displays are moving, the better the chance is that the playhead does not get stuck.

When I had this issue, I saved the project, killed the task through Windows Taskmanager afterwards in order to be able to restart it properly (without rebooting).

I hope this helps in the meantime.

(And please do not forget to report it to RS :D)

Reminiscence

29 Sep 2019

How long does support usually take to respond? I guess it's a Mon to Fri gig 8-5?

gullum

29 Sep 2019

Looks like people only tested the VST rack during the beta testing because this should not have passed the beta, To their defense this did not happen to me while beta testing

guitfnky

29 Sep 2019

wow, that’s a huge bug. the vid shows it on Mac...are people experiencing it on PC as well?
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Electric-Metal

29 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
29 Sep 2019
...are people experiencing it on PC as well?
Yep, same here on PC
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2019

So it's 3 errors at the same time for me. Just sent this to Reason Studios support.
I'm on Windows 10.

Reason 11 (Suite version) doesn't always start. When I restart my computer it works sometimes, other times it doesn't.
When I open a Reason 11 song some synths (Scenic mostly) doesn't work. Just silence from that instrument. I'm not having this error all the time, but a lot.
The "play needle" keeps jumping back to the beggining of the song when I try to start somewhere else. The song/sound doesn't start from the beginning though. Same here, works sometimes, other times not.

Weird R11 worked totally fine when I first bought it, thursday, friday, saturday. And now on Sunday all of a sudden nothing works.

boingy

29 Sep 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Sep 2019
Weird R11 worked totally fine when I first bought it, thursday, friday, saturday. And now on Sunday all of a sudden nothing works.
Yeah, you needed to pay a little more to get the seven days per week version.

retreed
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Sep 2019
The problem was there for me right from the start.

(Your restart problem is caused by Reason not shutting down properly after that playhead problem occures. When it gets stuck, save your project, kill the Reason task with the task manager and you are able to restart without rebooting.)

• Information