Studio One crossgrade is on offer

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
boingy

27 Sep 2019

If you've been pondering getting Studio One now is the time.

The crossgrade to Pro applies to Reason 6 full and above and is on offer everywhere. Best price is at JRR here:

https://www.jrrshop.com/presonus-studio ... crossgrade

You get an extra 15% off when you put it in the basket so the end price is $169. I can vouch for them - it's exactly how I bought my copy earlier this year. They email you a serial number which you register at Presonus then download the full version. (I'm not on commission!)

chimp_spanner

27 Sep 2019

Hey, this sounds great! I've been really interested in Studio One for quite some time. Can you explain how it's possible to crossgrade from Reason? I don't see any mention of it on the page (I'm also kinda tired so I might've missed it).

dezma

27 Sep 2019

Thanks for the heads up !

My trial expires in a few days so this is perfect timing.

Do you know if you can sell a crossgrade license later on, just in case Reason would eventually catch up and be an adult sequencer in 13 years or so?

boingy

27 Sep 2019

The official crossgrade page is here, with a long list of DAWs you can crossgrade from:

https://shop.presonus.com/Studio-One-4-Crossgrade

I don't recall JRR actually checking what I was crossgrading from.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2019

I would actually buy this if it didn't mean I'd also have to upgrade to Reason 11 in order to use it in Studio One. I don't need two DAWs and I don't want to lose use of all my REs.
Thanks for the heads up though.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dezma

27 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
27 Sep 2019
I would actually buy this if it didn't mean I'd also have to upgrade to Reason 11 in order to use it in Studio One. I don't need two DAWs and I don't want to lose use of all my REs.
You can still rewire R10.. works flawless. That being said, the only reason I will be upgrading to R11 is to start working in studio one as my sequencer without the need to rewire. That'll safeguard my rack extensions investment.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2019

dezma wrote:
27 Sep 2019
MrFigg wrote:
27 Sep 2019
You can still rewire R10.. works flawless. That being said, the only reason I will be upgrading to R11 is to start working in studio one as my sequencer without the need to rewire. That'll safeguard my rack extensions investment.
Hmmm...I'll need to read up on what Re-Wire actually does and how it works Thanks.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

chimp_spanner

27 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
27 Sep 2019
The official crossgrade page is here, with a long list of DAWs you can crossgrade from:

I don't recall JRR actually checking what I was crossgrading from.
Thanks for the link! Just sent my account details and will wait for them to get back to me. Always been super intrigued by Studio One.

And FL Studio.

And Ableton.

I do not have the money for all this :lol:

gullum

27 Sep 2019

I'm tempted really I am. But financially not so tempted so maybe I just wait a little for AU so can use Reason in Logic pro. but then again I can still make music in 10.4 just the same as I could last week so nothing has changed in that regards

PeterP

27 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
27 Sep 2019

Interesting that they list Tracktion 7. That is a free DAW.

Creativemind

27 Sep 2019

PeterP wrote:
27 Sep 2019
boingy wrote:
27 Sep 2019

Oh is it, yeah I thought that's why Cakewalk By Bandlab wasn't listed so that's intriguing.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2019

Creativemind wrote:
27 Sep 2019
PeterP wrote:
27 Sep 2019

Oh is it, yeah I thought that's why Cakewalk By Bandlab wasn't listed so that's intriguing.
Let’s face it...they don’t care if you’ve got another DAW or not. They never got any money from that sale. They’re just happy to get you over to their DAW.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

boingy

27 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
27 Sep 2019
Creativemind wrote:
27 Sep 2019

Let’s face it...they don’t care if you’ve got another DAW or not. They never got any money from that sale. They’re just happy to get you over to their DAW.
The Figg speaks the truth.

I should also add that this is the second such sale this year so if you are unsure or short of cash just wait for the inevitable next sale.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
27 Sep 2019
MrFigg wrote:
27 Sep 2019

The Figg speaks the truth.

I should also add that this is the second such sale this year so if you are unsure or short of cash just wait for the inevitable next sale.
Or even wait until it's free on Plugin Boutique when you buy a $1 VST :):):)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EdGrip

27 Sep 2019

And this sale runs til the 31st of December so you've got plenty of time to think about it. ;)

dezma

01 Oct 2019

I picked up both S1 and R11 upgrade for 285$. S1 was about 160$, which is insane value for this DAW. (and you get melodyne essential, which is 99$ in the SAME shop).

Guess there are worse times to switch DAW's.

So byebye reason sequencer, and hello S1 + Rack VST

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Oct 2019

dezma wrote:
01 Oct 2019
I picked up both S1 and R11 upgrade for 285$. S1 was about 160$, which is insane value for this DAW. (and you get melodyne essential, which is 99$ in the SAME shop).

Guess there are worse times to switch DAW's.

So byebye reason sequencer, and hello S1 + Rack VST
Which shop?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dezma

01 Oct 2019

JRRshop.com, you actually already get the serials after the paypal transaction is done, which is nice

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Oct 2019

dezma wrote:
01 Oct 2019
JRRshop.com, you actually already get the serials after the paypal transaction is done, which is nice
Thanks. Where does it say you get Melodyne Essentials free though?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dezma

01 Oct 2019

MrFigg wrote:
01 Oct 2019
dezma wrote:
01 Oct 2019
It's simply a part of the package. You register your code @ presonus, and you can download melodyne essential and you see your serial code.

I have not used this yet but this technology called ARA should make it a lot easier to use then before (an insert effect on an audio track will let you edit the track in melodyne seamlessly if I remeber right)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Oct 2019

dezma wrote:
01 Oct 2019
MrFigg wrote:
01 Oct 2019

It's simply a part of the package. You register your code @ presonus, and you can download melodyne essential and you see your serial code.

I have not used this yet but this technology called ARA should make it a lot easier to use then before (an insert effect on an audio track will let you edit the track in melodyne seamlessly if I remeber right)

Cool. Thanks.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information