Scenic!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
BananaSkins

25 Sep 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
25 Sep 2019
BananaSkins wrote:
25 Sep 2019
How big is the trial - anyone?
1.7 gigabytes

Thank you :thumbs_up:

fieldframe
RE Developer

25 Sep 2019

I still don't understand how space requirements aren't listed on every product page on the Reason Studios shop. They sell multi-gigabyte romplers, and Reason still doesn't even support installing Rack Extensions on external drives. Space requirements matter.

scratchnsnifff

25 Sep 2019

antic604 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
User Manual is not available, but it's nice to see sample loading is coming and on the back there are separate inputs to the Insert FX (although we still don't know what they are :) )
The video showed a saturation unit, phaser, chorus and some other weird fx

It looks tasty
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

scratchnsnifff

25 Sep 2019

dephoria wrote:
25 Sep 2019
scratchnsnifff wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Thanks propellerhead!

Scenic really does look beautiful

The insert FX look amazing.
I love how they are planning to add sample loading.

As much grief as they get, I must say; it does appear that they are listening as the device has been posted for all of a few hours or so, and they made sure to mention that sample loading will be a part of it.

Also, it’s cool how there’s a macro editor. This synth might actually be something special :)
thanks you gotta pay for it yet lol

I personally don’t mind paying for synths. At this point it’s almost just expected.

This release is a bit different, because i feel like it should have been a part of the update. Mainly because for reason only users, there wasn’t many features (but even then, I never judge a release on the first day. With propellerhead you have to look at the entire cycle. Otherwise you’ll get stuck on wondering why this or that isn’t included)

All that aside, scenic does look fun. I’m hoping they do an actual video for it because it seems to have enough features to warrant a video
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

ShelLuser

25 Sep 2019

This is one of the first rack extensions that left me plain out unimpressed, I'm not interested and even wonder if this is actually worth E 99,-... Which is new to me because although I have seen RE's which left me indifferent I could always recognize (some) added value.

But based on the intro video, the stuff I heard and the product page I don't see anything new. Just old stuff in new coating.

I don't see and hear anything that I can't already make happen, and dare I say... wonder if I can't already do it better.
--- :reason:

BananaSkins

25 Sep 2019

ShelLuser wrote:
25 Sep 2019
This is one of the first rack extensions that left me plain out unimpressed, I'm not interested and even wonder if this is actually worth E 99,-... Which is new to me because although I have seen RE's which left me indifferent I could always recognize (some) added value.

But based on the intro video, the stuff I heard and the product page I don't see anything new. Just old stuff in new coating.

I don't see and hear anything that I can't already make happen, and dare I say... wonder if I can't already do it better.
A trial will either confirm or alter your interpretations of this new RE; nothing to lose apart from some of your time. :thumbs_up:

muckmclane

25 Sep 2019

ShelLuser wrote:
25 Sep 2019

Took me 5 minutes to come up with the same assesment: Nothing new.
I was hoping this would include somthing like the omnisphere inner space acoustic resonance effect.

With the Groovy Melon Morfin XF Crossfader and 2 instances of grain + stock samples I could come up with more interesting stuff.

Now would you say this device is the equivalent of this guy though:
won fair and square.JPG
won fair and square.JPG (23.15 KiB) Viewed 8277 times

diminished
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

muckmclane wrote:
25 Sep 2019
With the Groovy Melon Morfin XF Crossfader and 2 instances of grain + stock samples I could come up with more interesting stuff.
:thumbs_up:
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
25 Sep 2019
muckmclane wrote:
25 Sep 2019
:thumbs_up:
Haha. I was just about to say the same thing. Totally forgot about the Groovy Melon RE. Thanks for the reminder.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Soundcells

25 Sep 2019

Not fair to play in this way now (usually absolutely not my kind of marketing!).... but I tried Scenic today (I bought R11 Suite), and I thought everyone should buy Pads - the BIG box instead (maybe in combination with Nordic Red). It sounds better, has more to offer and is cheaper …

ShelLuser

25 Sep 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
25 Sep 2019
A trial will either confirm or alter your interpretations of this new RE; nothing to lose apart from some of your time. :thumbs_up:
A fair point but there also lies the problem. I don't see the point because I already heard enough. Surely RS will make sure to showcase the best this thing can do within their audio?

And don't think I wrote that just to complain or bad mouth. I love Reason for what it is and my actions back that up easily (you don't buy 2 rigs and a helluvalotta Prop RE's if you don't). I'm not even complaining about Reason suite coming out 1 week after I bought pretty much all RE's myself) and of course... I can't get any kind of discount on Suite based on what I already own. I don't like that sales model, but I do not complain about it.

And yes, I could have waited a week and save an easy grand (I might mix up some stuff with the rigs I bought), but... I still believe that I paid a fair price for some awesome quality. Parsec, Complex-1, Umpf.. well worth it.

Which is also my point.. Being indifferent, to me, means I might give it a try for laughs and giggles. But being unimpressed means that I really don't want to spend any more time on this because I am already sure it'll be a wasted effort.

A new video won't change this for me, I think I've heard enough already.

And honestly? I'm sad to say so. If this is the future of Reason Studios... then I'll make some extra backup copies just to be on the safe side.
--- :reason:

Aosta

25 Sep 2019

Didn't really stand out as anything new and could be made with cabling and combinators, I just get the feeling RS (props) with their rebranding and this release are a bit lost trying to find an angle to bring in revenue streams.
Tend the flame

fieldframe
RE Developer

25 Sep 2019

The presets seem pretty mix-ready to me. They don't sound as impressive auditioning as a top-tier Kontakt library, but they're also not huge, wide-spectrum sounds that you'll just end up filtering down later.

The thing that really looks rushed, though? The macro labels aren't even consistently capitalized. Some of them, like "Stringing Along," are all lower-case, while the rest are title-case.

Luxuria

25 Sep 2019

Aosta wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Didn't really stand out as anything new and could be made with cabling and combinators, I just get the feeling RS (props) with their rebranding and this release are a bit lost trying to find an angle to bring in revenue streams.
Same. From there not even being a manual ready to the cringey 1 minute promo video that literally shows more transition scene time than of what the device actually looks like is a red flag. Their new marketing director seems to think this style of promotion is cool but it's not convincing anyone really. It's a teaser you release weeks before the release, not 6 hours. The video should have been a 10 minute in depth dive of the synth similar to how Sweetwater demos their synth's or how literally all other 3rd party RE devs have done.

And talk about flip flopping on saying there would be no sample loading then today announcing it will feature it at a later (unspecified) time. Good luck getting that any sooner then 6 months.

VariableX

25 Sep 2019

Soundcells wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Not fair to play in this way now (usually absolutely not my kind of marketing!).... but I tried Scenic today (I bought R11 Suite), and I thought everyone should buy Pads - the BIG box instead (maybe in combination with Nordic Red). It sounds better, has more to offer and is cheaper …
I luv soundcells stuff and have 4 refills.

I also really like the look of Scenic! If it was included in the standard upgrade I think I probably would have upgraded! As it stands today im waiting on Reason12!

Reasonable man

26 Sep 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Soundcells wrote:
25 Sep 2019
I luv soundcells stuff and have 4 refills.

I also really like the look of Scenic! If it was included in the standard upgrade I think I probably would have upgraded! As it stands today im waiting on Reason12!
Yip . If it were included i might even have been persuaded myself. Well i say might.....
As it stands its the standard £99 . :exclamation:

If you were a visitor to Reason Hq canteen you'd probably have to pay £99 for a burger . Everything is £99 .. no distinction..no prejudice

FLVZ

26 Sep 2019

This forum seems to have a pretty negative attitude about everything. I'm glad to be proved wrong here personally, this synth looks like lots of fun and very interesting to see what it could do with samples that's different to the other samplers in R10. RS have a strong track record of creating instruments and i definitely think this is on my list of reasons to get suite if I'm ever rich enough.

Also worth noting it makes complete sense in the age of modular VSTs that RS release the reason Rack. Its now potentially the best modular VST engine (if not one of them) on the market and as I said before they know how to make really useful instruments and effects so when people talk about lack of revenue streams, I think this move indicates the opposite. More users for RS, higher demands and expectations, and hopefully a bigger brighter future for the Reason DAW!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2019

Flavolous wrote:
26 Sep 2019
This forum seems to have a pretty negative attitude about everything.
Actually, and not looking to get into an “oh no they’re not, oh yes they are” argument, in general I personally find this forum to be very positive for the most part. So I’m pretty sure there’s a reason for the current “negativity”.
Glad you’re having a positive experience though so please don’t misunderstand my intention with defending the other users.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

antic604

26 Sep 2019

It's pretty lame that the User Manual is not available still. One more proof that it wasn't ready for the release...

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... Help-Files

Dribbs

26 Sep 2019

This guy showcases Scenic pretty well. Much better than the promo clip :lol: I have to say I love it!

Loque

26 Sep 2019

Dribbs wrote:
26 Sep 2019
This guy showcases Scenic pretty well. Much better than the promo clip :lol: I have to say I love it!

Oh man...i hate videos where ppl just scroll through some patches and turn some macro knobs...
Reason12, Win10

Loque

26 Sep 2019

antic604 wrote:
26 Sep 2019
It's pretty lame that the User Manual is not available still. One more proof that it wasn't ready for the release...

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... Help-Files
Yea, better wait 2 more months until the manual is available in chinese too.
Reason12, Win10

BananaSkins

26 Sep 2019

Dribbs wrote:
26 Sep 2019

Interesting...
Last edited by BananaSkins on 26 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Dribbs

26 Sep 2019

Flavolous wrote:
26 Sep 2019
This forum seems to have a pretty negative attitude about everything.
The glass is half empty on reasontalk

seqoi

26 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
26 Sep 2019

Actually, and not looking to get into an “oh no they’re not, oh yes they are” argument, in general I personally find this forum to be very positive for the most part. So I’m pretty sure there’s a reason for the current “negativity”.
If it was positive you wouldn't see so much negativity. The reason for the current "negativity" is that most of the forum people are negative. It is as simple as that.

But i guess it's normal these days. Everyone think they are entitled to complain because there is not feature XY which they expected because putothercompanyhere has it. But instead of doing music they piss here - hence it's negative.

You can always say there's a reason for negativity. Yes there is. Negativity itself. There is also always a reason for people to enjoy Reason. But they don't. Cuz they are negative ;)

• Information