Who is buying reason 11 tomorrow

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
reggie1979

24 Sep 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
24 Sep 2019
antic604 wrote:
24 Sep 2019

Do they sound better in Cubase?! :D
I saw a guy on FB claiming there's huge difference :roll: :?
They sound like they do in Reason...but without the Reason Sound.

AYYYYYYYY. No they sound absolutely identical, as you'd imagine.
There IS NO sound quality differences in hosts............

OverneathTheSkyBridg

24 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
24 Sep 2019
Nope. Not even on Black Friday. Not even ever.
Not even if there's a fire!?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2019

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:
24 Sep 2019
MrFigg wrote:
24 Sep 2019
Nope. Not even on Black Friday. Not even ever.
Not even if there's a fire!?
Not even if there’s a whole firing squad.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

OverneathTheSkyBridg

24 Sep 2019

I'm quitting drinking as I drink a lot more than I should, and it's probably been the biggest creativity killer for me. One of my motivators was to go through my bank statements for this past year and add up all of my alcohol purchases. The total was shameful, and my average month is about $400 CDN. Ive been mostly sober for the past month and a half and I can feel my musical drive coming back. I figure if I can blast away that much on booze per month than upgrading to R11 suite for half that shouldnt be that big of an issue. I'll be waiting til after the Disneyland vacation though before I pull the trigger.

Resonator

24 Sep 2019

To be honest, I have better things to spend my money on. There’s nothing enticing at all for me with this release. No VST3 or AU support. No real improvements with the sequencer. No improvements in the GUI including the resolution. No exciting devices. Overall, it’s just a small handful of minor features that cost $130. If I was using another DAW, the rack VST might be worth it. But within the past year, I’ve barely used Reason as it is. I bought a few pieces of hardware within that time and really only use Reason to record all of it. So there’s nothing useful in this update for me. Ever since version 8 was released, I noticed a trend that not every update is gonna be worth it. I skipped R8 and R9. R10 was definitely worth it. But not R11. I’ll keep my eye out for the point upgrades. But even then, there would have to be something super impressive in order for me to part with my money. For now, that $130 is going towards my next piece of hardware. Uli Behringer will end up with all my spare cash.

BigPictureSound

24 Sep 2019

24 Sep 2019
I'm quitting drinking as I drink a lot more than I should, and it's probably been the biggest creativity killer for me. One of my motivators was to go through my bank statements for this past year and add up all of my alcohol purchases. The total was shameful, and my average month is about $400 CDN. Ive been mostly sober for the past month and a half and I can feel my musical drive coming back. I figure if I can blast away that much on booze per month than upgrading to R11 suite for half that shouldnt be that big of an issue. I'll be waiting til after the Disneyland vacation though before I pull the trigger.
Chiming in to say I wish you success on your alcohol free journey. I recently gave it up as well. A clear mind is an effective mind.

OverneathTheSkyBridg

24 Sep 2019

itspeaking wrote:
24 Sep 2019
24 Sep 2019
Chiming in to say I wish you success on your alcohol free journey. I recently gave it up as well. A clear mind is an effective mind.
Thankyou for the encouragement! Its definitely clearing!

guitfnky

24 Sep 2019

24 Sep 2019
wow, that’s a lot, but the most important thing is that you’ve acknowledged and admitted it. my father is an alcoholic and he’s been in denial about it for a long time—I’ve seen how damaging alcoholism can be for both the alcoholic, and their loved ones, and applaud you for it. to be clear, I’m not suggesting you are one, only that I’m really heartened whenever someone is trying to avoid going down that road. I wish you all the best—godspeed.

enjoy your vacation— then go make some damn music! 😃
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

jam-s

24 Sep 2019

I might get it when R12 is announced and the grace period for free upgrades to R13 is on. By then it might have gotten enough in minor revision updates that an upgrade is worth it.

craven

24 Sep 2019

Reason11, R11 - It's coming out today! Today! Today! Oh wait, I'm not that interested, still makes me happy, somehow.
:ugeek:

Oquasec

24 Sep 2019

Sure, there is no vst3 support.
But it's a vst3 plugin that can be used in a daw that does vst3 support already :]
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

OverneathTheSkyBridg

24 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
24 Sep 2019
24 Sep 2019
wow, that’s a lot, but the most important thing is that you’ve acknowledged and admitted it. my father is an alcoholic and he’s been in denial about it for a long time—I’ve seen how damaging alcoholism can be for both the alcoholic, and their loved ones, and applaud you for it. to be clear, I’m not suggesting you are one, only that I’m really heartened whenever someone is trying to avoid going down that road. I wish you all the best—godspeed.

enjoy your vacation— then go make some damn music! 😃
Thankyou, and yes I'm definitely an alcoholic. But breaking it down financially put that fact into perspective the hardest. I'm seeing a lot of people in here talking about how $129 ($169 CAD for me) is such a rip off for the upgrade to R11, but when you really put it into perspective it's not THAT much money especially only once every couple years. I bet a lot of people in this forum spend more than that going out for coffee in a single year span, and given my consumption habits if I'm dropping a $400 /month habit, then tossing the upgrade cost towards Propellerheads (err... I mean Reason Studios) isn't that big a deal.

Creativemind

24 Sep 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
24 Sep 2019
CephaloPod wrote:
24 Sep 2019
I will buy it when it can be used as an AU within Logic.
I'm really eager for AU also. I can use the VST in Cubase, but on Mac Maschine won't read VST3. Only AU. Which is...an interesting design choice haha. But yeah, using the rack in Maschine is gonna be ridiiiiculous.
I hope they don't take like 5/6 months like they did for VST optimisation to release the AU version of the Rack Plug-in so they can crack on with more workflow enhancements in the core DAW. I have pretty much given up on ever thinking Reason will have the features I want though. There's just too many missing and I'd say 20 odd are pretty much necassarily / essential.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

PhillipOrdonez

24 Sep 2019

Counting the hours! :)

kb420

24 Sep 2019

I'm all in for Reason 11. I can't wait. I really haven't been using Reason much at all over the last few years, but this makes all the difference in the world. Ableton Live is my DAW of choice, but I'm also in love with Cubase 10 Pro. Having access to Reason Racks as a VST3 is a BIG TIME win in my book. I wish they would have done it sooner.
Sooooooooo,  you shut down the forums?  Bad move Props!!!!!

Pingafuego

24 Sep 2019

My other DAW is Pro Tools. Since there isn’t AAX support I’ll keep Reason 10

Steedus
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2019

No. The only thing I'd be buying it for is the Suite option just to have some extra toys to play with, but despite what it includes, with the bad exchange rate, it's still a bit pricey to buy in when I don't have any 'real' enthusiasm for any of it - except maybe Scenic.

I tested the beta, and without anything to test the Rack VST with (my other DAW is Logic), there's just not enough there for the upgrade on it's own - clearly the main value of this upgrade is the VST Rack, which I have next to no use for.

Social Exodus

24 Sep 2019

I will be buying the suite version upgrade personally.

What mystifies me is the folks who have chimed in here "hell no" yet take the time to post that here as opposed to, say, learning a new DAW that suits them better. Now understand, I am strictly a hobbyist, but $129 for a new version is peanuts for the ability to use this in any other DAW, isn't it?
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

guitfnky

24 Sep 2019

Social Exodus wrote:
24 Sep 2019
I will be buying the suite version upgrade personally.

What mystifies me is the folks who have chimed in here "hell no" yet take the time to post that here as opposed to, say, learning a new DAW that suits them better. Now understand, I am strictly a hobbyist, but $129 for a new version is peanuts for the ability to use this in any other DAW, isn't it?
the reason some of us have been upset with the features for Reason 11 is because for a lot of us, there is no DAW that suits us better.

I’ve tried 4 other DAWs since the announcement, and only one even comes close to being as enjoyable (for me, Cakewalk—and even though I’m liking it quite a lot, it’s nowhere near as inspiring to use).

the frustration is because most of the stuff we want in Reason now is really low-hanging-fruit. we love the workflow that’s there, but just adding a sizable chunk of the things we want would take it from being a merely capable DAW, to one that’s a producer’s dream platform.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Officer29

24 Sep 2019

Been using Reason since 3.0 and upgraded every time since I like to keep things current and this includes Ableton and FL Studio. For me I will be upgrading to R11 suite for the extra toys as I only have one of them and vst rack so I can us with FL Studio. Here in NZ I will pay about $400 and it is still a good bang for my buck.👍

Raveshaper

25 Sep 2019

I don't use reason anymore, so I'm not interested at all. I'm seriously considering selling my license by the end of the year instead of buying anything else from a company I don't trust or respect.

Better that I leave for good than hang around trying to encourage people to stop waiting for a someday that will never come. I've made my choice, everyone's free to make their own.

I'll just quietly observe this debacle unfold, then sell off my credentials in December and be done.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

Loque

25 Sep 2019

Raveshaper wrote:
25 Sep 2019
... then sell off my credentials in December and be done.
That is illegal.
Reason12, Win10

Raveshaper

25 Sep 2019

Loque wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Raveshaper wrote:
25 Sep 2019
... then sell off my credentials in December and be done.
That is illegal.
Uh... there a re a lot of license sales listed here all the time.
This is a product that can't be resold, is that your point?

Raveshaper

25 Sep 2019

Loque wrote:
25 Sep 2019
That is illegal.
Wrong.
How Does the License Number Transfer Process Work

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

Raveshaper wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Loque wrote:
25 Sep 2019
That is illegal.
Wrong.
How Does the License Number Transfer Process Work
It was when you said “sell off my credentials” that Loque reacted. That would imply that you’d sell your user name and password, in other words your Propellerheads account. Some people try to do this in order to sell everything (Reason license and purchased REs) as a bundle, This is not legal. Selling/ transferring your license hewever, as you point out, is ok.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information