Who is buying reason 11 tomorrow

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Creativemind

24 Sep 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
24 Sep 2019
🗣Fuck no I’m not! They’re not getting a penny outta me until they fix all the bugs & workflow killers they ignored all these years. And maybe they’ll learn from the backlash this time and actually make it worth the next upgrade.
R11 = JUNK 👎
Quite a blunt response there but I do totally feel yer. I wouldn't say it was junk, just very feature light. I would've expected (seeing how many little life enhancing features are missing) at least triple the workflow features for £100. It's a third the full software price.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

24 Sep 2019

tronam wrote:
24 Sep 2019
Not until AU support goes live, then yes to the full suite.
And I hope they add the send notes / copy notes to track at that point too. That's a major flaw in design there. Makes the players and Dr.Octo.Rex virtually redundant without them.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

gullum

24 Sep 2019

not tomorrow no, but in the future I will upgrade maybe. Right now there is nothing that will change the way I make music added to Reason 11, only thing is the SSL stuff might be useful in the rack sometimes

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2019

aeox wrote:
24 Sep 2019
MrFigg wrote:
24 Sep 2019

Nah. Write to Props and tell them what happened. By the time it takes them to reply it’ll be Black Friday and you can just buy it on sale instead. Sorry, did that sound cynical?
Couldn't I get a refund and then buy suite upgrade?
My first comment was meant to be funny with a touch of underlying bitterness.
I guess you could write to them and ask though, they’re usually pretty good at helping. I would guess it’ll take a while to get an answer as there’s probably a lot of people wondering exactly the same thing.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Aria Salvatrice

24 Sep 2019

This version's definitely a pass for me. I want Reason to be a better host, not to learn another DAW.
When they announced the suite, I trialed all the things I had never tried before, to assess their value.
Complex-1 is great, but can't compete with VCV. Umpfes are pretty useless to me. Layers are terrible romplers I don't imagine using. The two player devices are really nice, but both have a bad case of "sucker retail price", they don't expect anyone to actually buy them for 70 currencies, they're just meant as psychological anchors and to be sold in bundles & sales. And the new "Cinematic" device seems to be two NN-19, a crossfader, and a reverb set to 90% wet and 45 seconds decay.
Everything else I already have (some in Refill rather than RE form). Not much value for me there! But I'm grabbing the player devices once they go on sale for their real intended price.

dezma

24 Sep 2019

I'm probably gonna buy it discounted (black friday) but only to facilitate jumping ships after trialing studio one. This is on the condition they got the rack VST performance right. Unlike other brands who shall remain nameless, Presonus looks like they tend to listen to loyal users instead of giving them the finger.

reddust

24 Sep 2019

I'm not buying this update, the few things it includes for me to be interested in it are things that should actually be part of a minor update. I mean, I'm only interested in some of the sequencer improvements but they aren't worth the money, those things are basics in. other DAWs since many years, and I am personally not interested in Reason as a VST.

Zac

24 Sep 2019

I'll get R11 Intro at some point but I'm in no hurry.

chimp_spanner

24 Sep 2019

Yup. I've already gotten waaaaay too used to just being able to chuck my favourite racks into Cubase. I can't go back now.

supersplaron

24 Sep 2019

aeox wrote:
24 Sep 2019
Suite. If I upgraded from 9 to 10 within the grace period, how much will suite be? Since there was no option to get suite when I bought it
If you bought the Reason 10 upgrade from our shop, we offer a 30 day return policy so I'd suggest you reach out to support for a refund.

VariableX

24 Sep 2019

Nope, no value in it for me. Would have loved to buy it though, I couldn't wait, but my disappointment levels were on a par to how I felt about the second matrix film.
Looking forward to R12 now 😀

antic604

24 Sep 2019

I'll take Scenic for a demo first and then decide for between "plain" 11* or Suite

* there really should be a name for non-Suite version :)

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2019

supersplaron wrote:
24 Sep 2019
aeox wrote:
24 Sep 2019
Suite. If I upgraded from 9 to 10 within the grace period, how much will suite be? Since there was no option to get suite when I bought it
If you bought the Reason 10 upgrade from our shop, we offer a 30 day return policy so I'd suggest you reach out to support for a refund.
Just did :)

antic604

24 Sep 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
24 Sep 2019
Yup. I've already gotten waaaaay too used to just being able to chuck my favourite racks into Cubase. I can't go back now.
Do they sound better in Cubase?! :D
I saw a guy on FB claiming there's huge difference :roll: :?

netuno60

24 Sep 2019

Hi, I only have Dream Sequencer, so I think this will be so Suite!!!

diminished
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2019

antic604 wrote:
24 Sep 2019
Thank you for the opportunity to post my favorite meme again :) :)
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Loque

24 Sep 2019

antic604 wrote:
24 Sep 2019
chimp_spanner wrote:
24 Sep 2019
Do they sound better in Cubase?! :D
Must be a "pro"...
Reason12, Win10

Proboscis

24 Sep 2019

Since I already have a great Chorus RE, plenty of ways to 'sweep', and I don't need existing SSL FX repackaged, the only interest is in the note muting & curved automation, both of which aren't "AMAZING NEW FEATURES" but a long overdue FIX to a half-finished sequencer, so no, that's not worth €129. If they ever bring the sequencer features into line with almost every other DAW, and update the Combinator, then I'm all in. Otherwise I will happily sit on Reason 10.4 for another few years. Not exactly comfortable in rewarding a poor value offer by blindly purchasing just because it exists.

eiresurfer

24 Sep 2019

I'll be getting Suite pretty soon. Probably early next month.

For me it's a no-brainer, not really for the Reason changes, just for the included REs, which is very good value.

RobC

24 Sep 2019

Kinda got broke, so have to wait with it a bit. Damn! x D Yet I would have bought it for the curved automation alone, haha. Still don't know if the Props.. err, 'Studs (lol, sounds a bit creepy : ) ) saw that petition, but quite some folks supported the idea. I was so happy they added that (apparently long requested feature).

nicedevill

24 Sep 2019

Even though I have few RE's included with Suite, I'm still torn between normal upgrade and Suite. Can't make up my damn mind!

But things I'm most looking forward to are curved automation and ability to add points on the curve at the same value as the previous one. Also, other small sequencer improvements are nice.

To answer your question: Yes, I'm upgrading.

motuscott

24 Sep 2019

I'll definitely be tuning into ReasonTalk to watch the shitstorm unfold
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Jordan Miller

24 Sep 2019

[/quote]

I'd suggest you reach out to support.
[/quote]

Hi, how does one reach out to support these days? I just tried to log in to my props account and my log-in details are gone. The reset password email link didn't work. Set-up a new log-in using existing email address but now cannot sync REs or authorise ignition key, get a 404 please contact webmaster. The contact us link at bottom of website leads to 'help center no longer exists' page. Thanks.

Marc Swing

24 Sep 2019

As it looks now it's a nope from me, but we'll see if there will be any more significant focus on the core update (sequencer etc) so maybe then I'll change my mind.

• Information