REs you’ve bought and never used.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Noise
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2019

It's so interesting to read this thread, so many diferent opinions.
For example softube fet compressor and the Kuassa ATx family are slapped everywhere, I love them.

Now, the List of not-so-loved-but-i-wanted-them-at-the-time:

Tres Mono Synth ( i love the sound, but I struggle to make it fit )
Khz One ( just feels like subtractor with stereo )
Lotus Compressor ( I find it to agressive, need to explore it more )
AD 480 Reverb ( it was a impulse buy, but I try to use it everytime and I can't feel this one )
Etch Red Dual Filter ( before the update, this one was heavy on the cpu, needs more love )
Disperser ( ugh. I hate it. The kicks sound like.. floating blobs.. )
Black Knight 5 Band Equalizer ( what's going on with the inferface, i't makes me cry)

Good thread. Hope there is another thread about the most used and loved Re's
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Iapetus 9

21 Sep 2019

Kilohearts One. Picked it up on sale. It's not a bad synth IMHO, it just doesn't get used.
38L > 51D every time.

reggie1979

21 Sep 2019

SA 16 chorus. Might be the first RE I bought, but Chenille is just more luscious.

The Fxpansion stuff I got on the cheap, never use them even though they are fine.

GSX graphic shaper. Maybe I'll try to figure this out later today (I never really figured out how to use it )

buddard
RE Developer

22 Sep 2019

All the REs I bought or received for the past couple of years, because I haven't had the time to make any music. :cry:

But perhaps one day!

decoder

23 Sep 2019

PX7 for me.
I blame myself for it's non-use completely.
Always wanted to figure out what the hype was about FM synthesis (Yamaha in particular).
Thought it would wake me up to new possibilities but I never could wrap my head around it!
Oh well, maybe someday I'll dust it off and try again :)

Nirude

08 Nov 2019

Just yesterday synced my REs. Clicked Cancel on some.
I started to think now could it be possible to write to Propellerheads (...I like that name, not so into Reason Studios :roll: ),
and if ask them to delete a certain RE from my account? ....just an idea :lightbulb:
3d man.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2019

Nirude wrote:
08 Nov 2019
Just yesterday synced my REs. Clicked Cancel on some.
I started to think now could it be possible to write to Propellerheads (...I like that name, not so into Reason Studios :roll: ),
and if ask them to delete a certain RE from my account? ....just an idea :lightbulb:
I did that with the Aeon synths. I don’t know how keen they are to do it though.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

08 Nov 2019

Faturator. normally I like Kilohearts’ (sp?) stuff, but that RE is straight trash as far as I’m concerned. 😂

then there’s Pump, which I can’t really understand why I bought in the first place. it’s a good plug in its own right, I just haven’t found a use for it in my projects—not for lack of trying either.

I have to echo the Etch Red one, even though I have used it once. it’s a good plugin, but not as intuitive as I’d like.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Loque

08 Nov 2019

guitfnky wrote:
08 Nov 2019
Faturator. normally I like Kilohearts’ (sp?) stuff, but that RE is straight trash as far as I’m concerned. 😂
I agree. One of Kilohearts early releases and defenetly not their best. Its ok here and there for some fuzz and maybe the stereo widening, but its kinda mehhh...unworthy for Kilo<3
Reason12, Win10

retreed
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2019

I checked my list and came up with three devices:

I picked up "Beat Crush 12-Bit Distortion" during a sale but I always first pick "Decimort2" for bit crushing.

When I saw "Neutron Particle Emitter" I had some great ideas in mind. They were never realized.

"DQ Band Dynamic Processor" from Uberwave is one really great device I often use, so I picked up "Audio to CV" from the same developer thinking I would use it as much. But I did not. :lol:

It's almost sad as the three devices are good at what they are.

Loque

08 Nov 2019

retreed wrote:
08 Nov 2019
I checked my list and came up with three devices:

I picked up "Beat Crush 12-Bit Distortion" during a sale but I always first pick "Decimort2" for bit crushing.

When I saw "Neutron Particle Emitter" I had some great ideas in mind. They were never realized.

"DQ Band Dynamic Processor" from Uberwave is one really great device I often use, so I picked up "Audio to CV" from the same developer thinking I would use it as much. But I did not. :lol:

It's almost sad as the three devices are good at what they are.
Give Beat Crush and Neutron another chance. Beatcrush has its own sound and the filters are quite usefull. Neutron has its moments too.
Reason12, Win10

retreed
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
08 Nov 2019
Give Beat Crush and Neutron another chance. Beatcrush has its own sound and the filters are quite usefull. Neutron has its moments too.
Absolutely. A thread like this allows you to discover the stuff you almost forgot about. :thumbs_up:

chimp_spanner

08 Nov 2019

ReSpire :( Shame because some of the presets (despite being horribly level-matched) are really great/commercial/usable. But it's just so buggy. It crashes and disables itself when going through presets. CPU is through the roof on patches that don't warrant it. And it's basically abandoned. Real shame.

Loque

08 Nov 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
08 Nov 2019
ReSpire :( Shame because some of the presets (despite being horribly level-matched) are really great/commercial/usable. But it's just so buggy. It crashes and disables itself when going through presets. CPU is through the roof on patches that don't warrant it. And it's basically abandoned. Real shame.
Hum...yea...somehow agree. ReSpire sounds great and the features are great too, but its so clunky. Did not had problems since the horrible start, but i didnt used it much since than - just too clunky to work with. I cannot even imagen, that the VST is much better. Sadly such a good sounding and looking synth is wasted in a bad workflow.
Reason12, Win10

chimp_spanner

08 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
08 Nov 2019
chimp_spanner wrote:
08 Nov 2019
Hum...yea...somehow agree. ReSpire sounds great and the features are great too, but its so clunky. Did not had problems since the horrible start, but i didnt used it much since than - just too clunky to work with. I cannot even imagen, that the VST is much better. Sadly such a good sounding and looking synth is wasted in a bad workflow.
Yeah the interface is just nope. I'd probably be tempted to pick up the VST as I know a lot of people swear by it, and there's a tooonne of presets out there for it too. But yeah the RE doesn't get much love.

I say that just as I find the perfect bass sound for my track in it haha. But I'm keeping that thing folded.

Bes
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2019

ReSpire for me too although i like the sound and if i could get audio input i would use those filters a lot more but the good tools for generating movement are tucked away in the corner and hidden behind tabs so it becomes a slow and deflating process to compose with :(
- Certified Reason expert

Popey
Competition Winner

11 Nov 2019

Bes wrote:
08 Nov 2019
ReSpire for me too although i like the sound and if i could get audio input i would use those filters a lot more but the good tools for generating movement are tucked away in the corner and hidden behind tabs so it becomes a slow and deflating process to compose with :(
+1 for this about being tucked up in a corner. I usually go with re's but spire is the only occasion I bought the vst version as the workflow is so much better.

VIVIsect

11 Nov 2019

eiresurfer wrote:
19 Sep 2019
I really thought the Quad Note Generator would be a major tool for me. But I can't seem to get it to work like I thought it would, perhaps because I'm not using it properly.
I'm in the same boat with that thing. It was on the list of REs included in the suite that convinced me to upgrade. But so far I haven't found a use for it at all. I keep fiddling around with it though, hoping that it'll eventually click with me.

gullum

11 Nov 2019

These RE's I have in my account but not downloaded to my computer, there might be a few free once but most are bought.

Code: Select all

Elements Splitter
ReDominator Polyphonic Synthesizer
Natural Selection Pedal Board
xEM
Polymodular Audio Merger
t00b Distortion
Polymodular Audio Splitter
DC-9 Overdrive
DC-1 Distortion
Devastor 2 ( Think I won this one)
One-Note Stand
DYNARAGE Tube Compressor
CV Meter
Snakebite
SPLEX Crossover/Compressor
4Dyne
Omega Trimmer
DCAM BusComp
Tres Mono Synth
DCAM EnvShaper
Morfin XF Crossfader
GClip Waveshaping Clipper
Onyx Limiter
Titan Maximizer
Republik Handheld Percussion
Itsy Audio Phase Inverter
Shelob Audio Bypass Splitter
Melodic Electric Glockenspiel
Anansi Mid Side Router
Mordred Audio Bypass Merger
BOOM 808 Percussion Synth
Korg MonoPoly
ReQ131 (31 Band EQ)
ReGain Audio Gain Assistant
Mace Professional Compressor
Select Program
Janitor CV Shaper
Skope
Little LFO
Moo Tube Compressor
VMG-01 Sample Delay
Carve EQ Ducker
wbl5515
A/B 12 Stereo Audio Inputs Switch
VAC-6 Volume Analyzer & Controller
CVA-7 CV Analyzer
A/B Audio & CV Switch
PX7 FM Synthesizer
A-List Power Drummer
Radical Piano
SideChain ReAction Enveloper
RE 302 Graphic Equaliser
RE 180 Dynamic Driver
ModularRE Multi-Effect Processor
RE 181 Mid/Side Audio Converter
RE 200 Bass Enhancer
C1-L1 Vintage Compressor
Ivoks Electromusical Synthesizer
RE 202 Exciter
C1-Sigma Compressor
RE 60 Real Time Spectrum Analyzer
C1-Alpha Compressor
Measure
PunchBDRE Instrument
RPSpec Effect
Attention Instrument
MC-1 More Cowbell
ReMark
D1-RT Line Noise Injector
Orbis Wavetable Synthesizer
GSX Graphic Shaper/Effects
Soundiron Emotional Piano
Optic Multi Channel Analyzer
Mixfood Orange
Distortion Chain
T2 Phaser
Mr OverDrive
Sabotage 3-band crossover fx
PhaseTool Phase Invertor Mixtool
Metro Click-Machine
Pipeline Pressure Control
Sunder Amplitude Splitter
G8 Dynamic Gate

Jackjackdaw

11 Nov 2019

VIVIsect wrote:
11 Nov 2019
eiresurfer wrote:
19 Sep 2019
I really thought the Quad Note Generator would be a major tool for me. But I can't seem to get it to work like I thought it would, perhaps because I'm not using it properly.
I'm in the same boat with that thing. It was on the list of REs included in the suite that convinced me to upgrade. But so far I haven't found a use for it at all. I keep fiddling around with it though, hoping that it'll eventually click with me.
Same here, I have put time in with it and had limited results. I wanted it to be a go to device but I just can't get it to vibe. I wonder if PSQ would have been the better choice?

I am most disappointed with Umpf club drums. It's a massive cpu hog so I never use it.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Nov 2019

gullum wrote:
11 Nov 2019
These RE's I have in my account but not downloaded to my computer, there might be a few free once but most are bought.

Code: Select all

Elements Splitter
ReDominator Polyphonic Synthesizer
Natural Selection Pedal Board
xEM
Polymodular Audio Merger
t00b Distortion
Polymodular Audio Splitter
DC-9 Overdrive
DC-1 Distortion
Devastor 2 ( Think I won this one)
One-Note Stand
DYNARAGE Tube Compressor
CV Meter
Snakebite
SPLEX Crossover/Compressor
4Dyne
Omega Trimmer
DCAM BusComp
Tres Mono Synth
DCAM EnvShaper
Morfin XF Crossfader
GClip Waveshaping Clipper
Onyx Limiter
Titan Maximizer
Republik Handheld Percussion
Itsy Audio Phase Inverter
Shelob Audio Bypass Splitter
Melodic Electric Glockenspiel
Anansi Mid Side Router
Mordred Audio Bypass Merger
BOOM 808 Percussion Synth
Korg MonoPoly
ReQ131 (31 Band EQ)
ReGain Audio Gain Assistant
Mace Professional Compressor
Select Program
Janitor CV Shaper
Skope
Little LFO
Moo Tube Compressor
VMG-01 Sample Delay
Carve EQ Ducker
wbl5515
A/B 12 Stereo Audio Inputs Switch
VAC-6 Volume Analyzer & Controller
CVA-7 CV Analyzer
A/B Audio & CV Switch
PX7 FM Synthesizer
A-List Power Drummer
Radical Piano
SideChain ReAction Enveloper
RE 302 Graphic Equaliser
RE 180 Dynamic Driver
ModularRE Multi-Effect Processor
RE 181 Mid/Side Audio Converter
RE 200 Bass Enhancer
C1-L1 Vintage Compressor
Ivoks Electromusical Synthesizer
RE 202 Exciter
C1-Sigma Compressor
RE 60 Real Time Spectrum Analyzer
C1-Alpha Compressor
Measure
PunchBDRE Instrument
RPSpec Effect
Attention Instrument
MC-1 More Cowbell
ReMark
D1-RT Line Noise Injector
Orbis Wavetable Synthesizer
GSX Graphic Shaper/Effects
Soundiron Emotional Piano
Optic Multi Channel Analyzer
Mixfood Orange
Distortion Chain
T2 Phaser
Mr OverDrive
Sabotage 3-band crossover fx
PhaseTool Phase Invertor Mixtool
Metro Click-Machine
Pipeline Pressure Control
Sunder Amplitude Splitter
G8 Dynamic Gate
I’ve actually started using those Blamsoft distortions more in recent weeks. They are pretty heavy in the CPU but there’s a quality switch on the back which can reduce that hit considerably.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EdGrip

12 Nov 2019

I use Devastor 2 all over the place - primarily by using the preset bank to quickly audition wildly different variations on a sound.

Disperser, you only need a little dab of.

I'll return to this thread with my list one day...

Kalm

12 Nov 2019

EVE Series - Just stopped using them. Nothing wrong with these, but I've been using the props SSL devices at the moment as it's easier to create and sell patches with built in effects and they're built in. I've taken a strong liking to a companies built-in products.
RE3Q Six-band Equalizer - Honestly just because I got the Brainworx supported variation and I love that thing. I got to compare the two to see where the differences are but I know that BW version in and out.
Some Mixfood Synths - Just haven't touched them due to massive GUI interface with buttons and knobs everywhere.
Re-Spire - Honestly I love this synth but I'm thinking about getting the VST version cause I love the layout of that better and it has a more focused GUI. Also, Re-Spire doesn't have a dark version.
Skrock Thermal Synthesizer - Never could make anything with it.

There are others I use seldom but I think that's my definitive list.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

• Information