Announcing Reason 11

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EnochLight

22 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
22 Sep 2019
Wondering if I hadn’t started this thread if anyone would have known.

🙃😂
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Reminiscence

22 Sep 2019

Again, super stoked, can't wait!

Desmondblack
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2019

Is there anything know about general further performance improvement of Reason 11 versus 10.4?
Can't produce in the bedroom - people are sleeping there!

boingy

24 Sep 2019

Desmondblack wrote:
24 Sep 2019
Is there anything know about general further performance improvement of Reason 11 versus 10.4?
I don't believe there is any. It's pretty much the same product.

joeyluck

24 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
24 Sep 2019
Desmondblack wrote:
24 Sep 2019
I don't believe there is any. It's pretty much the same product.
No performance improvement, but slightly faster startup time, due in part to the removal of ReWire.

pquenin

24 Sep 2019

Reason Intro 11 is 79€ and come with Reason Rack Plugin that incude Europa, and many more devices. Is it the end of the Euopa VST plugin that costs 129€ alone ?

EnochLight

24 Sep 2019

pquenin wrote:
24 Sep 2019
Reason Intro 11 is 79€ and come with Reason Rack Plugin that incude Europa, and many more devices. Is it the end of the Euopa VST plugin that costs 129€ alone ?
Europa VST is being discontinued.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

miscend

24 Sep 2019

EnochLight wrote:
24 Sep 2019
pquenin wrote:
24 Sep 2019
That's going to piss off a lot of people who bought it full price.

guitfnky

24 Sep 2019

miscend wrote:
24 Sep 2019
EnochLight wrote:
24 Sep 2019

it probably just means they won’t be supporting it going forward/making further updates to it. I’m sure it won’t become suddenly unusable for people who bought it.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

miscend

24 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
24 Sep 2019
miscend wrote:
24 Sep 2019

it probably just means they won’t be supporting it going forward/making further updates to it. I’m sure it won’t become suddenly unusable for people who bought it.
Lack of support for current owners is the main issue. Europa VST is still a relatively new plugin, it was on sale recently too. The new MacOS is going to break many plugins and future update will also likely do the same.

BartBackowitz

24 Sep 2019

antic604 wrote:
19 Sep 2019
EnochLight wrote:
19 Sep 2019

Cool; thanks!
To be perfectly frank, if I was choosing a new DAW today either Live or Bitwig would work great. When I purchased Bitwig in early 2018, Live was still at v9.7 and a year later v10 and v10.1 fixed lots of my issues with it and added tons of functionality. They've really stepped up their game recently. I'm a Push2 owner (works great with Bitwig, btw) so I've pretty inexpensive path to get Suite again if it knocks me off my feet with v10.x updates or v11 somewhere down the line.

I mean all DAWs are awesome nowadays, incl. Reason :)
Ive released tracks i made in Bitwig. Its a great daw. But reason 11 will be my new one. Its simple and i dont have too many issues with the sequencer that some do here. I play most of my parts live and sequence the rest and Reason Is amazing for that. Its also faster for me to get drums and synths sounding how i want. Very easy and very musical.

Bitwig and ableton are amazing daws but lack the immediacy and musicality of reason. Just my opinion but setting up midi routing in ableton can be painful. Bitwig really improved on that piece but their built in instrument and effects are lacking. The grid to me is not really that great. Just my opinion, i still can make music in any daw but reason suits my workflow.

guitfnky

24 Sep 2019

miscend wrote:
24 Sep 2019
guitfnky wrote:
24 Sep 2019

Lack of support for current owners is the main issue. Europa VST is still a relatively new plugin, it was on sale recently too. The new MacOS is going to break many plugins and future update will also likely do the same.
is it standard practice to release a plugin and then be expected to provide future updates for it? I don’t use a ton of VSTs, but I use enough to say that it seems like that kind of support must be fairly uncommon.

gdm41

25 Sep 2019

pquenin wrote:
24 Sep 2019
Reason Intro is 79euro? Website says Lite 10 is 99euro.
Start lending-> http://www.kiva.org

zoidkirb

25 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
24 Sep 2019
miscend wrote:
24 Sep 2019

is it standard practice to release a plugin and then be expected to provide future updates for it? I don’t use a ton of VSTs, but I use enough to say that it seems like that kind of support must be fairly uncommon.
It's reasonable at a bare minimum to expect products to be kept up to date enough to survive o/s updates.
As for feature updates, that's more up to the goodwill and sometimes the price spent. Look at something like xfer serum: very expensive plugin but years later and it's still getting big updates, for free.
Similar with Steinberg halion although point updates are free, numbered upgrades cost. Europa was up there in price with those two so for the sake of those (few?) people that paid for the vst, i'd hope they're looked after.
Last edited by zoidkirb on 25 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

EdGrip

25 Sep 2019

I think it would go down like a lead balloon on the forums if Europa VST became abandonware such that it stopped working in new OS's. That's negative chat that Props could do without, so I'd like to think they would keep it working. As for new features, Reason devices don't tend to get them after the first year or two of a device's life.

"That's going to piss off a lot of people who bought it full price."

LOL if this forum had a motto, it would be that. Along with "With this release, it's clear the company is in trouble".

It does make me wonder though, if Props are uniquely good at creating these kind of situations.

Loque

25 Sep 2019

EdGrip wrote:
25 Sep 2019
I think it would go down like a lead balloon on the forums if Europa VST became abandonware such that it stopped working in new OS's. That's negative chat that Props could do without, so I'd like to think they would keep it working. As for new features, Reason devices don't tend to get them after the first year or two of a device's life.

"That's going to piss off a lot of people who bought it full price."

LOL if this forum had a motto, it would be that. Along with "With this release, it's clear the company is in trouble".

It does make me wonder though, if Props are uniquely good at creating these kind of situations.
The thing that came in my mind when I read Europa VST will be discontinued, is a scalable Reason Rack VST 🤔
Reason12, Win10

Aecue

25 Sep 2019

Where is reason 11? :D

guitfnky

25 Sep 2019

zoidkirb wrote:
25 Sep 2019
guitfnky wrote:
24 Sep 2019

It's reasonable at a bare minimum to expect products to be kept up to date enough to survive o/s updates.
As for feature updates, that's more up to the goodwill and sometimes the price spent. Look at something like xfer serum: very expensive plugin but years later and it's still getting big updates, for free.
Similar with Steinberg halion although point updates are free, numbered upgrades cost. Europa was up there in price with those two so for the sake of those (few?) people that paid for the vst, i'd hope they're looked after.
ah, makes sense. 👍🏼

guitfnky

25 Sep 2019

Aecue wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Where is reason 11? :D
saw on Reddit yesterday they usually release around noon in Sweden, which I think is 6 AM Eastern.

seqoi

25 Sep 2019

Well new Reason 11 website is online but one can not download. Links on download page are still pointing to v10.

samtrino

25 Sep 2019

If we activated Reason 10 two weeks ago, should we see R11 license in our account later today?

future-bit

25 Sep 2019

Last edited by future-bit on 07 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

diminished
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

Chill everyone and give it a few hours to settle.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

pquenin

25 Sep 2019

I was about to buy Reason 11 intro but I have seen some strange things on the Reason Studios site :
- they say that Intro come with 11 effects but 21 are checked in the list,
- and something that annoy me : the half-rack delay and chorus/flanger have desappeared. Can be a big problem with Combinator patches...
- and a "bug" : in the effect list, the COMP-01 Compressor/Limiter have the picture of the UN-16 Unison.
- another "bug" : the Spider CV Merger & Splitter appears twice : in the effects list and the utilities list.

So I don't know what to do because I'm not sure of what is really in the package....

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

25 Sep 2019

pquenin wrote:
25 Sep 2019
I was about to buy Reason 11 intro but I have seen some strange things on the Reason Studios site :
- they say that Intro come with 11 effects but 21 are checked in the list,
- and something that annoy me : the half-rack delay and chorus/flanger have desappeared. Can be a big problem with Combinator patches...
- and a "bug" : in the effect list, the COMP-01 Compressor/Limiter have the picture of the UN-16 Unison.
- another "bug" : the Spider CV Merger & Splitter appears twice : in the effects list and the utilities list.

So I don't know what to do because I'm not sure of what is really in the package....
Ironing out some design issues still, checkmarks appearing where they shouldn't be. The top numbers are correct. The effects included in Intro are:
  • Audiomatic Retro Transformer
  • Scream 4 Distortion
  • RV7000 MkII Reverb
  • Softube Bass Amp
  • Softube Amp
  • MClass Compressor
  • MClass EQ
  • MClass Stereo Imager
  • MClass Maximizer
  • DDL-1 Digital Delay Line
  • CF-101 Chorus/Flanger

• Information