Announcing Reason 11

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Jagwah

20 Sep 2019

Jolla wrote:
20 Sep 2019
Jagwah wrote:
20 Sep 2019

No offense but LOL!

I remember thinking the same thing when I and many others spent thousands of dollars on REs compared to usually only spending $129 every few years. It made not one scrap of difference. The reality is I have a great arsenal of tools that are well worth the money, but my expectations / dreams of bigger and better upgrades never came to be true. I now cringe at my video support campaigns, and people should cringe at their own massive efforts campaigning for features that are probably never going to happen in our life times at this rate. All that wasted time and effort :shock:

Reason 7 FTW!
my logic is simple - the more users want progress for the Reason, the more incentive the prop will have to satisfy our requests.
Agree, we are still few. But with the VST Rack the situation may change radically. This is not two, three times, but many more users, and, accordingly, interest in the modular structure of props.
In any case, I prefer to think this way than to suffer from failed dreams. ;)
I really hope you're right :thumbs_up:

guitfnky

20 Sep 2019

the main focus of requests by users on versions 10 and lower were workflow and quality-of-life improvements, but we still got something entirely different with Reason 11. why should anyone be optimistic that Reason Studios would all of a sudden make those things a priority just because of a widened user base with more voices asking for the same things? they could just as easily find another way to try to grow the base further, without actually addressing the weaknesses so many continue to point out.

I'm not saying it's not possible, and I'm certainly hopeful that it will be the case, but there's no real reason to *expect* it will be.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Jolla

20 Sep 2019

dezma wrote:
20 Sep 2019
Jolla wrote:
20 Sep 2019

my logic is simple - the more users want progress for the Reason, the more incentive the prop will have to satisfy our requests.
Agree, we are still few. But with the VST Rack the situation may change radically. This is not two, three times, but many more users, and, accordingly, interest in the modular structure of props.
In any case, I prefer to think this way than to suffer from failed dreams. ;)
Which is why they will likely have bugfixes and sequencer improvements at an even lower speed (if possible at all) as they will have to dedicate resources to the rack VST.

I logged issue 400274 over 2 years ago on 16th of August 2017:

Hi,

When using VST avenger, I'm not able to do any automation. When clicking
the "automation" button there is no lane created, and in the piano roll, I
can only select up until OSC3 parameters. This is a synth with an large
number of parameters so is it possible there is a limitation within reason?
If so this should by all means be fixed as I'm not even able to automate
filters.

Regard

I never even got a response, so this was my first eye-opener.

2 years later: still no sample drag n drop samples to VST from browser, vst midi out, autosave, etc... as I stated before, each update they increase the gap with the current competition. So I suggest they either skip the DAW charade alltogether and focus on what they very clearly prefer doing (creating devices) or get their act together to get on par. I couldn't care less even if they built 2000 new devices I'll never use. I want a better sequencer and I want it now.

Now that I trialed studio one I'll probably still upgrade to safeguard my RE investments (IF they get the performance right - still need to download the non logging beta), and that'll most probably be the end of Reason DAW for me. They are just lightyears behind, and show zero interest in catching up.
props team is also people. technical and human errors also happen. I hope this is the case.
Try to repeat the request. In any case, they answered me all the requests that I sent.

Maybe I'm wrong but In any business good sales can expand production and service.
Propellers are good businessmen judging by the product... :)

QVprod

20 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
20 Sep 2019
the main focus of requests by users on versions 10 and lower were workflow and quality-of-life improvements, but we still got something entirely different with Reason 11. why should anyone be optimistic that Reason Studios would all of a sudden make those things a priority just because of a widened user base with more voices asking for the same things? they could just as easily find another way to try to grow the base further, without actually addressing the weaknesses so many continue to point out.

I'm not saying it's not possible, and I'm certainly hopeful that it will be the case, but there's no real reason to *expect* it will be.
The question would be; what else do they have to work on? There's only but so much more you can do to the rack plugin besides Midi out, AU, and maybe aax. Besides, they've been indirectly hinting at the rack being separated from reason for quite some time now by showing it running in the cloud and on hardware. Totally makes sense that part of that development time was making a vst version.

Now that that's basically done, I'm not sure what's left to do other than update Reason DAW. Now there is the possibility of course that they continue to make devices as the focus for updating, as that's a very Propellerhead thing to do and what they've mostly done over the years. But who knows, maybe the name change comes with a new focus. I'd be surprised if the amount of workflow features added doesn't increase at this point.

guitfnky

20 Sep 2019

QVprod wrote:
20 Sep 2019
The question would be; what else do they have to work on? There's only but so much more you can do to the rack plugin besides Midi out, AU, and maybe aax. Besides, they've been indirectly hinting at the rack being separated from reason for quite some time now by showing it running in the cloud and on hardware. Totally makes sense that part of that development time was making a vst version.

Now that that's basically done, I'm not sure what's left to do other than update Reason DAW. Now there is the possibility of course that they continue to make devices as the focus for updating, as that's a very Propellerhead thing to do and what they've mostly done over the years. But who knows, maybe the name change comes with a new focus. I'd be surprised if the amount of workflow features added doesn't increase at this point.
that’s exactly what I’m getting at. there’s always going to be something else they can find to focus on, even if it seems to us like they couldn’t possibly find something else to work on.

I thought “they were basically done” with all the other stuff after 10.4, yet they found something else to do. I’m surprised that the amount of workflow features didn’t increase after that point.

QVprod

20 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
20 Sep 2019
QVprod wrote:
20 Sep 2019

that’s exactly what I’m getting at. there’s always going to be something else they can find to focus on, even if it seems to us like they couldn’t possibly find something else to work on.

I thought “they were basically done” with all the other stuff after 10.4, yet they found something else to do. I’m surprised that the amount of workflow features didn’t increase after that point.
We already knew about them working on the rack, or rather REs being run in the cloud and on hardware before 10.4 came out. In fact, I think even before 10.3 came out. So we knew they were working on something, most seemed to ignore it as some random side project though. Though... we'll probably see the rest of that project manifest in some form in the next year or so, so yeah... I guess there is something else. :lol:

guitfnky

20 Sep 2019

QVprod wrote:
20 Sep 2019
We already knew about them working on the rack, or rather REs being run in the cloud and on hardware before 10.4 came out. In fact, I think even before 10.3 came out. So we knew they were working on something, most seemed to ignore it as some random side project though. Though... we'll probably see the rest of that project manifest in some form in the next year or so, so yeah... I guess there is something else. :lol:
when you consider Reason’s focus has been improving as a DAW for the last ten years, it’s easy to understand why we’d expect them to continue to focus on the core DAW experience. doing the VST thing was something I think many of us expected, but we didn’t expect it to be the main focus of a major release.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
20 Sep 2019

Their next step is obviously Processed Kalimbas, A-list Ukulele and Umpf Cowbells & Triangles.
I'm sure we can all agree that these things should be the top priority for Props right now. :lol:

Zac

20 Sep 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
20 Sep 2019
guitfnky wrote:
20 Sep 2019

Their next step is obviously Processed Kalimbas, A-list Ukulele and Umpf Cowbells & Triangles.
I'm sure we can all agree that these things should be the top priority for Props right now. :lol:
Imagine if someone at UJAM is currently working on the ukulele thing :shock: ... and reads this^^ :lol:

gaclab

21 Sep 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
20 Sep 2019
I've got a fever (I actually do right now lol) and the only prescription is Umpf Cowbells. Seriously though, I'd buy A-list Ukulele. :D
Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 4.5 | Mac OSX 10.13.4 w/ 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 12 GB Ram (dinosaur) | Behringer U-Phoria UMC1820 | M-Audio Keystation 49es | Akai MPD218 | KRK Rokit 5s

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2019

gaclab wrote:
21 Sep 2019
TritoneAddiction wrote:
20 Sep 2019
I've got a fever (I actually do right now lol) and the only prescription is Umpf Cowbells. Seriously though, I'd buy A-list Ukulele. :D
Sometimes the seemingly dumbest ideas can actually turn into something good. Not saying Umpf Cowbells & Triangles is a brilliant idea btw. :lol: Though the reactions would be amazing to watch, especially if that was the main feature for the Reason 12 upgrade.

In my other thread "Make up your own Rack Extension" I suggested A-list Banjos and Radical Bagpipes mostly as a joke. But when I think about it I would probably buy both of those just because of the fun factor.

And not long a go I did process a repeated cowbell sound with Echobode and Crapre2 in a track I really like. So I guess I made my own "Processed Cowbells" happen.

tobypearce

21 Sep 2019

dezma wrote:
20 Sep 2019

When using VST avenger, I'm not able to do any automation. When clicking
the "automation" button there is no lane created, and in the piano roll, I
can only select up until OSC3 parameters. This is a synth with an large
number of parameters so is it possible there is a limitation within reason?
If so this should by all means be fixed as I'm not even able to automate
filters.

You can automate Avenger by assigning the target as a combinator rotary and then automating that.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

way2cool

21 Sep 2019

yesterday I decide I will love reason and sell my protool now as well to buy a one more software for my option ) and can soon build my own presets to sell my work in here and reason website store now reason so fun to me and now I know how to make money for my family here and make better futures for my family I notice yesterday how well those cv is to build my presets and to make a cool loops to sell them to , I am so happy for reason now when I fix it finally in my computer it was a latency option that make reason freeze up on me hahaha and now I fix it and start to get rich from this day ahead!!

Creativemind

21 Sep 2019

Sortitoutonsunday wrote:
14 Sep 2019
One of the first things I was thinking of, which no-one has discussed here(took a week to read all posts) is about the name change. I often watch youtube tutorials and searching for "Reason 10 blabla tutorial" is hopeless. All you get is "10 reasons why blablabla". But adding "Propellerhead" to the search makes it possible to find anything useful. That's not possible anymore. The name change will probably make it way harder to search for reason content on youtube and on the internet. Or am I wrong?
Good point actually.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

21 Sep 2019

superpop wrote:
18 Sep 2019
If PH ask me, I just want to see in Reason small things like fold/unfold channels, 4K GUI resolution, custom menus/toolbars, a better way to display cables, lock device in rack (to not drag them inadvertently), be able to insert combinators in audio/mix channels, a new combinator, a new mixer RE, and maybe a real SSL mixer colour a least to inspire me, not something like this:

Haha!

They dropped the ball there.

They want make the Main Mixer look like the right hand part of my profile pic. ;)

guitfnky

21 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
20 Sep 2019
QVprod wrote:
20 Sep 2019

I just had a thought about one of the next things they could potentially focus on, at the expense of core DAW workflow requests...

if we take the release of Europa as a VST as an indicator they were working on something bigger, which ended up being Reason as a VST, then should we make something of the new RE that comes with Reason Suite? “Scenic—your new cinematic dream instrument”. from the blog: “Sounds created for big screen soundtracks that work just as well for game music or any production where big, emotive sounds are required.”

could this mean they’re working on video integration? I know a number of people have been requesting that, but it would still be a disappointment for many if they did that before we get some of the other stuff that’s been requested.

Creativemind

21 Sep 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
20 Sep 2019
guitfnky wrote:
20 Sep 2019

Haha!

Creativemind

21 Sep 2019

gaclab wrote:
21 Sep 2019
I suggested A-list Banjos and Radical Bagpipes mostly as a joke.
Radical Bagpipes lmao!

I literally can't stop laughing at this.

WongoTheSane

21 Sep 2019

Creativemind wrote:
21 Sep 2019
gaclab wrote:
21 Sep 2019
I suggested A-list Banjos and Radical Bagpipes mostly as a joke.
Radical Bagpipes lmao!

I literally can't stop laughing at this.
Well... It already exists! It's called Universal Piper (http://www.universal-piper.com/en/the-v ... gpipe-lab/) which is pretty much an emulation of most pipe types, with a wealth of options like being able to play with the original tuning or diatonically, drone start sounds, extended range... There are Great Highland Bagpipes, UIlleann, Pibau Cyrn, Smallpipes, Biniou, Cornemuse, etc.

And I do use it! Proof:

ColdSkoolBeatz

21 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
26 Aug 2019
I am thankful, however, that with this update, we are now free to leave the ship while taking all our belongings with us.
:lol:

Yes...we will survive the Titanic that is now called "Reason Studios" :lol:

Eusantis

21 Sep 2019

Hi, i have a doubt. If i use Reason 11 with Ableton Live, could i use a Reason Player in Live with a VST (not of Reason or Live)?

Thanks in advance!

Loque

21 Sep 2019

Eusantis wrote:
21 Sep 2019
Hi, i have a doubt. If i use Reason 11 with Ableton Live, could i use a Reason Player in Live with a VST (not of Reason or Live)?

Thanks in advance!
No, you cannot use a Player with a VST in Live.
Reason12, Win10

Eusantis

21 Sep 2019

Really??? With Reason 11 like VST? That sounds ridiculous. On the other hand, yet now, wit previous Reason versions, there are ways to do it.

It seems quite absurd, really. If they make Reason Vst but you can't have the advantages of Reason in another Daw, which for me their players are almost the main one ...

I would not consider changing Daw if the management of VSTs in Reason was decent, but it is not. And that already tires. I promised to me too happy with this 11.

So I'll do it separately. I save what I do with the player in Reason as a MIDI file and then I pass those files to Live, each in a session clip.

EdGrip

22 Sep 2019

Using Reason Players in other software would be excellent. It's other side of the "MIDI VSTs in Reason" coin. Maybe they're both dependent on the same dev work.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Sep 2019

Wondering if I hadn’t started this thread if anyone would have known.

🙃😂
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information