Announcing Reason 11

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Reminiscence

13 Sep 2019

Going for the suite upgrade IF Reason 11 works in Acid Music Studio 11. :-)

Boombastix
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2019

EnochLight wrote:
11 Sep 2019
madmacman wrote:
11 Sep 2019
"Zero sense" is a bit harsh - even Steinberg had to admit that it's a significant feature to be implemented into Cubase & Nuendo, despite the fact that there's the excellent builtin VariAudio.
QVprod wrote:
11 Sep 2019
Logic included it despite having their own pitch editor as well. Reason's pitch editor is monophonic so unless they intend to make it polyphonic, ARA2 would have benefits for Melodyne. Also, there is no (and probably won't be) a Reason equivalent to VocALign which also uses ARA2. I think those are sensible reasons.
Fair points. You've changed my mind - ARA2 would be a fantastic addition to Reason. Let's start our campaign of pestering Mattias now! :puf_smile:
Also, Melodyne works on bass notes, thus can do bass audio to midi. Reason pitch does not detect bass. Melodyne in Cubase also works in comp mode, so now you can do pitch/timing correction while editing in comp mode. Nice features for those who record vocals, guitars etc.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Sortitoutonsunday

14 Sep 2019

Here's my thoughts:

Mixed feelings about the update. Rack VST is a brilliant move which I think will increase sales and make Reason way better after this update since RS can focus solely on DAW updates after this. But I'm a Reason only user so I feel with all of you.

One of the first things I was thinking of, which no-one has discussed here(took a week to read all posts) is about the name change. I often watch youtube tutorials and searching for "Reason 10 blabla tutorial" is hopeless. All you get is "10 reasons why blablabla". But adding "Propellerhead" to the search makes it possible to find anything useful. That's not possible anymore. The name change will probably make it way harder to search for reason content on youtube and on the internet. Or am I wrong?
Reason fanboy since 6.5
:reason: :PUF_balance: :roll:

boingy

14 Sep 2019

Sortitoutonsunday wrote:
14 Sep 2019
The name change will probably make it way harder to search for reason content on youtube and on the internet. Or am I wrong?
You are correct. I like the new name and logo but it will certainly make Google searches much harder. NI have the right idea: Komplete, Kontakt, Maschine etc.

Maybe they should rename it "Rea5on"..

diminished
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
14 Sep 2019
NI have the right idea: [...], Kontakt, Maschine etc.
German Google users would like to disagree on these two :D
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

boingy

14 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
14 Sep 2019
boingy wrote:
14 Sep 2019
NI have the right idea: [...], Kontakt, Maschine etc.
German Google users would like to disagree on these two :D
That's fine by me - I'm not a German Google user. :lol:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
14 Sep 2019
Sortitoutonsunday wrote:
14 Sep 2019
The name change will probably make it way harder to search for reason content on youtube and on the internet. Or am I wrong?
You are correct. I like the new name and logo but it will certainly make Google searches much harder. NI have the right idea: Komplete, Kontakt, Maschine etc.

R3a50n
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PabloDavid

14 Sep 2019

®3@50/\/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2019

PabloDavid wrote:
14 Sep 2019
®3@50/\/
Bravo!!!!! 👏
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

15 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
14 Sep 2019
Sortitoutonsunday wrote:
14 Sep 2019

That is absolutely correct. You need to consider these things and any inappropriate meaning of a word in a far away language BEFORE you decide. More examples (fun reading): https://www.inc.com/geoffrey-james/the- ... -time.html
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

15 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
14 Sep 2019
boingy wrote:
14 Sep 2019

R3a50n
That's so noughties. These days all the kewl kidz just stick an r at the end...

Reasonr
Recyclr
Europr by Reasr

craste

15 Sep 2019

My thoughts on the Reason 11 upgrade :

For users of other DAW's and users of Reason and plus other DAW's; the Reason Rack VST is simply a masterstroke/genius idea from Reason Studio's as lots of people will upgrade so they can use it as a VST (totally new to Reason) and the other DAW and Reason users will upgrade as its a no brainer!

Plus, if users of othe DAW's don't just use it as a VST, instead they think, lets just fire up Reason on its own now (as they will be an owner of the full version) they might actually have their eyes opened to how user friendly it is and might even just use Reason on its own full stop!

Its a bit of a bum deal though (for purely Reason users) if you can't afford to upgrade to the full Suite version though as its a bit light on new content and instruments.

However if you can afford the Suite version, its incredibly good value for money (as long as you don't own the majority of the items already included).

Maybe it would be better if exisitng users could choose a couple of the free rack extensions included in the 'Suite' as an extra sweetner?

I'll be upgrading to the full suite I think as then it'll be like a great upgrade with new features and lots of new toys to play with!

Makes sense to call the company Reason Studio's I reckon and I like the new logo.

Cheers

Craig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Sep 2019

Here's the way I see it. For what it's worth.

1. For a lot of long time users the upgrade wasn't as exciting as expected and probably isn't worth the upgrade price. That's the category I fall into. The only one version I didn't buy since 4 was 8...for the same reason. Of course some people will get use out of the new features and of course being able to use it other DAWs is plus even if the new added features in Reason were and are already available in the DAW you're going to use it in hahaha.

2. Suite is great for those who only had a couple of the REs. Totally useless for those who did. Bugs me a bit that whereas the latter or happy for the newer users the newer users (or a lot of them in any case) are telling the people who won't benefit to shut up and stop cpmplaing as they've "had them for a longer time and got use out of them". That's maybe just me though.

3. Propellerheads aren't going to listen to what people are saying and give us any form of discount or freebies to sweeten us. They KNOW they are RiGHT. Bowing to peer pressure as far as they are concerned would only be perceived as a weakness (IMO). So freebies and sweeteners for the loyal are just not going to happen. It's a shame of course but that's the way it is. I'd like to be surprised but it's not going to happen.

So that's what I think. No complaints just my view. Do with it what you will :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

tronam

15 Sep 2019

ShelLuser wrote:
31 Aug 2019
Well, for the record, I miss Frank too. I think he has a great voice, and he really put his mind into the videos. He honestly sounded enthusiastic which I can't say for the current female voice over. Get someone who is really good at their job, not someone who happens to be of a specific gender would be my take on this. Not implying that this is the situation here, but it is something you see happening more often within the current business environments: getting people onboard because of who they are, not because of what they can do.

But that's getting very offtopic and would dive into politics which is generally not the best of topics.

Bottom line though... I miss Frank and all the cool micro tutorials as well.
I hope people haven't been assuming it was Frank using Reason in those videos. He's a voiceover actor. Those are Ryan's videos, featuring his hands, guitars, vocals and song examples. Regarding "politics", what are we talking about? Swedish governance? Geez, Is EVERYTHING considered politics now? Good grief.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

tronam

15 Sep 2019

stratatonic wrote:
04 Sep 2019
tronam wrote:
01 Sep 2019

Magnus Lidström, the guy behind Malstrom and SonicCharge plugins, has a deep understanding of this since he made a popular dev tool called Symbiosis for helping make VSTs compatible with AU, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has been helping RS with this whole process.
Well, that's just speculation, but if your speculation is true and he was helping out, then the AU Rack really should have been ready to roll for R11 launch.
The optics really don't look good in not having them ready at the same time.
It's pure speculation, but considering he helped them with the VST 2.4x wrapper for Reason 9.5 it seemed like a good possibility. And I agree, which is why I'll be holding out on my Reason 11 upgrade until AU support is available.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

16 Sep 2019

tronam wrote:
15 Sep 2019
ShelLuser wrote:
31 Aug 2019
Well, for the record, I miss Frank too. I think he has a great voice, and he really put his mind into the videos. He honestly sounded enthusiastic which I can't say for the current female voice over. Get someone who is really good at their job, not someone who happens to be of a specific gender would be my take on this. Not implying that this is the situation here, but it is something you see happening more often within the current business environments: getting people onboard because of who they are, not because of what they can do.

But that's getting very offtopic and would dive into politics which is generally not the best of topics.

Bottom line though... I miss Frank and all the cool micro tutorials as well.
I hope people haven't been assuming it was Frank using Reason in those videos. He's a voiceover actor. Those are Ryan's videos, featuring his hands, guitars, vocals and song examples. Regarding "politics", what are we talking about? Swedish governance? Geez, Is EVERYTHING considered politics now? Good grief.
Fun fact: Tiger makes way more music than Frank. She's both singer, songwriter and producer. It's often her voice and songs featured in our videos. :)
Last edited by MattiasHG on 16 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

EdGrip

16 Sep 2019

#MicDrop :D

taddx

16 Sep 2019

More fun facts less politics I say!

Faastwalker

17 Sep 2019

I have to say, Propellerhead / Reason Studios are doing a great job of selling Reason 11. When I saw the update I was convinced it wasn't worth the upgrade price for me personally. But I'm coming around with all these little videos they are putting out. some really nice stuff in there. What am I saying?! I'm just a bastard for Reason. Of course I'll upgrade!! I'm like a moth to the flame ............. don't go into the light .............. I can't help it!!!! :shock:

boingy

18 Sep 2019

Faastwalker wrote:
17 Sep 2019
I have to say, Propellerhead / Reason Studios are doing a great job of selling Reason 11. When I saw the update I was convinced it wasn't worth the upgrade price for me personally. But I'm coming around with all these little videos they are putting out. some really nice stuff in there. What am I saying?! I'm just a bastard for Reason. Of course I'll upgrade!! I'm like a moth to the flame ............. don't go into the light .............. I can't help it!!!! :shock:
It's quite easy to have a "feelgood" for Reason 11. Just avoid reading this forum! :thumbs_up:

(and almost everyone on here complaining about it will upgrade to it regardless...)

Faastwalker

18 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
18 Sep 2019
(and almost everyone on here complaining about it will upgrade to it regardless...)
I haven't missed one yet ;)

diminished
Competition Winner

18 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
18 Sep 2019

I promise you I'm not - not in its current state or with the incentives going on. Talking about R11 standalone. But I'm still happy about all the new and old users who will use the Rack and visit the forums and chats.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

EnochLight

18 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
18 Sep 2019
boingy wrote:
18 Sep 2019

I promise you I'm not - not in its current state or with the incentives going on. Talking about R11 standalone. But I'm still happy about all the new and old users who will use the Rack and visit the forums and chats.
Out of curiosity, what will it realistically take to coax you into upgrading to 11.x?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

diminished
Competition Winner

18 Sep 2019

EnochLight wrote:
18 Sep 2019
diminished wrote:
18 Sep 2019

Out of curiosity, what will it realistically take to coax you into upgrading to 11.x?
Significant sequencer upgrades, or even better, browser updates.
Or a deal like "Buy Reason 11 and get Suite for free if you own 5 or more devices already".
Hopefully both :P

• Information