For those upgrading to the R11 Suite, what REs are you interested in?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 Sep 2019

I'm assuming most of you own some of the REs in the R11 Suite already and some REs you simply don't care about.
But what REs in the Suite are you interested in?
Basically what REs will make you go for the Suite option instead of the standard upgrade?

guitfnky

16 Sep 2019

I’m considering upgrading only because Suite is such a...erm...suite deal.

I’m sorry. 😔

anyhoo...

Parsec—I’ve wanted this for a while
Polystep Sequencer & Quad Note Generator—these seem interesting, but not sure how I’d use them just yet
Umpf 1&2–I don’t use electronic drums much, but I’ve wanted these since I’m not a huge fan of using Kong and Redrum when I do (they’re both great in their own right, but I’d like something a bit more modern)
Complex-1–this one’s sort of like the Players above for me—not really sure how I’ll use it, but it definitely looks interesting
Scenic–not really sure what to expect here, so this is more like an added bonus I’ll hopefully end up liking

other than that, I have Polar, Drum Sequencer, and RDK—the rest don’t really interest me at all.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Kaydigi

16 Sep 2019

All of them, I didn't purchase any Propellerhead RE's because I know some sort of freebie or deal would come with a new version.

Parsec and all the new players are on target list. PolyStep Sequencer, Quad Note Generator, Drum Sequencer look really interesting.

KEVMOVE02

16 Sep 2019

I don't have any particular RE in mind. I invested a ton of money in Steinberg Content Sets and Propellerhead Booster Packs, which get combined with the Ableton Content i've collected over the years. I've never skipped an upgrade cycle and moving up to to the suite is a great deal for me. I know everyone likes what they like; Ableton Live and Reason make for an amazing composition tool that never seems to run out of road. Have you tried pulling an iPad into the mix using Ableton Link? Novation Launchpad app locked to the clip view, with the Reason Rack holding it down Norman Cook Skip to my Loops. I could do this all day!

boingy

16 Sep 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
16 Sep 2019
Basically what REs will make you go for the Suite option instead of the standard upgrade?
None of 'em. I'm notoriously tight with purchases, especially purchases that tie me to one DAW. I've been with Reason from V1 (and Rebirth and Recycle...) but the only Reason add-on I have ever bought was Rigs 3 when it was stupidly cheap in a sale. And let's face it, if you can't make music with the huge range of stock instruments and effects you ain't ever gonna make music!

PhillipOrdonez

16 Sep 2019

Parsec and polystep sequencer basically.

I own 10 of them already, and these two make it worth it for me plus the nice addition of the new device, layers, processed pianos and reb...

antic604

17 Sep 2019

Scenic & PolyStep, so I'm on the verge because it's possible they'll be cheaper together than EUR120 on Black Friday.

I already have 11 of the REs and I'm not really interested in remaining 3 (Rotor, Umpf Retro and Processed Pianos).

Loque

17 Sep 2019

I have already everything what is interesting for me and the rest i don't care about. If Scenic is amazing, i might be considering to buy the Suite.
Reason12, Win10

Steedus
Competition Winner

17 Sep 2019

Very much interested:
Scenic Hybrid Instrument

Would be nice:
Parsec Spectral Synthesizer
Processed Pianos
Umpf Club Drums (purely for the device features itself, not the included samples)

I get these too? Neat:
Radical Keys
Reason Drum Kits
Reason Electric Bass

Bonus:
Umpf Retro Beats
Quad Note Generator
PolyStep Sequencer

future-bit

17 Sep 2019

Last edited by future-bit on 07 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

antic604

17 Sep 2019

Steedus wrote:
17 Sep 2019
Very much interested:
Scenic Hybrid Instrument

Would be nice:
Parsec Spectral Synthesizer
Processed Pianos
Umpf Club Drums (purely for the device features itself, not the included samples)

I get these too? Neat:
Radical Keys
Reason Drum Kits
Reason Electric Bass

Bonus:
Umpf Retro Beats
Quad Note Generator
PolyStep Sequencer
I'd say for the extra $/eur120 it's a no-brainer in your case :)
And samples in Umpf are really good, too!

guitfnky

17 Sep 2019

Loque wrote:
17 Sep 2019
I have already everything what is interesting for me and the rest i don't care about. If Scenic is amazing, i might be considering to buy the Suite.
why wouldn’t you just buy Scenic by itself, if you don’t want any of the others? assuming they price it at $99, it would save you some money, vs paying for the full suite.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Loque

17 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
17 Sep 2019
Loque wrote:
17 Sep 2019
why wouldn’t you just buy Scenic by itself, if you don’t want any of the others? assuming they price it at $99, it would save you some money, vs paying for the full suite.
The full suite is just a few bugs more... But i guess i don't need anything of the suite..
Reason12, Win10

Marc64

17 Sep 2019

Parsec and complex first of but the rest in the suit is good enough for me to upgrade to suite.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2019

So initially I didn't think I was gonna go for the Suite option, but after some trialing I've pretty much decided I will.
There's enough things that I can play and have fun with.
Scenic, Complex 1, Umpf bundle, Layers Wave are the most interesting things for me.

Umpf (Club drums especially) might become my new go-to device for drums, so that's kind of a big deal.
Scenic. I hope the demo compositions just don't fit my taste and that I'll be able to do something more interesting with it.
Complex will become purely a preset machine for me since I hate tweakin technical shit. But I think some patches has character and might become great song starters.
Layers Wave Edition was better than I thought. I think this one might come handy when I want some simple playable sounds.
I even managed to come up with something useful with Processed pianos which I had zero interest in.

aeox
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2019

I don't own anything in the suite!

Will buy!

gullum

21 Sep 2019

I was thinking maybe but after last info and demo about Scenic I'm not so sure anymore and eventually I can get Scenic for 49 on some sale later on if I change my mind

loopeydoug

21 Sep 2019

I'm coming from Reason 9 and I only have 2 REs(Polar and Rotor) from the suite. I'm looking at the suite as an upgrade to 10(Grain, Radical Piano, better performance after the VST shitshow, sequencer/mixer features), plus Complex-1, Parsec, a few sequencer features, and a bunch of stuff to play with when I just feel like messing around.

Kalm

21 Sep 2019

Mainly all of it just cause its more toys to play with which means more sounds to create. Just as long as it has a decent sound and decent looking GUI for inspiration I'll use it one way or another.

I'm mainly interested in Scenic since I have the Kontact PLAY series
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

diminished
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2019

aeox wrote:
21 Sep 2019
I don't own anything in the suite!

Will buy!
Living the dream! Nice.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2019

gullum wrote:
21 Sep 2019
I was thinking maybe but after last info and demo about Scenic I'm not so sure anymore and eventually I can get Scenic for 49 on some sale later on if I change my mind
Yeah most of the demos weren't too impressive imo.
But sometimes people just don't know how to make good demos and the product can be way better than you initially think. But I'm surprised Reason Studios screwed that part up. They usually have good demos otherwise.

tt_lab

21 Sep 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
21 Sep 2019
Yeah most of the demos weren't too impressive imo.
But sometimes people just don't know how to make good demos and the product can be way better than you initially think. But I'm surprised Reason Studios screwed that part up. They usually have good demos otherwise.
I guess a video would be nice...such as they did with Europa and Grain, even if they do a short video would help

• Information