Robotic Bean's new VST: Hand Clap Studio

Discuss VST stuff here!
Zac

10 Sep 2019

Haven't seen it as a news item over on kvr yet... bit of free publicity? I assume it's free to submit a news item and have it listed in their plugin section?

eusti

10 Sep 2019

Zac wrote:
10 Sep 2019
Haven't seen it as a news item over on kvr yet... bit of free publicity? I assume it's free to submit a news item and have it listed in their plugin section?
It came up in my Facebook feed and I thought it might be of interest here. (Not that I really owe you an explanation)

D.

Zac

10 Sep 2019

eusti wrote:
10 Sep 2019
Zac wrote:
10 Sep 2019
It came up in my Facebook feed and I thought it might be of interest here. (Not that I really owe you an explanation)

D.
I think you've misunderstood me? I wasn't questioning why you posted it here, I was hinting to Robotic Bean that maybe they should consider listing the VST over on kvr with an accompanying news item? If it's free to do that it's good promotion.

eusti

10 Sep 2019

Zac wrote:
10 Sep 2019
eusti wrote:
10 Sep 2019

D.
I think you've misunderstood me? I wasn't questioning why you posted it here, I was hinting to Robotic Bean that maybe they should consider listing the VST over on kvr with an accompanying news item? If it's free to do that it's good promotion.
Apologies, thanks for clarifying! Good to see it all sorted. 😃

D.

buddard
RE Developer

10 Sep 2019

Zac wrote:
10 Sep 2019
They were on it anyway....
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/hand-c ... botic-bean
Yep! The news article is awaiting approval. :D
Cheers!

Yonatan

12 Sep 2019

This was a very nice looking retro design VST and the sound is very natural. Sophisticated clapper indeed. Cool with the step sequencer.

EnochLight

13 Sep 2019

buddard wrote:
10 Sep 2019
aeox wrote:
09 Sep 2019
Foreshadowing?
More like expansion! :P

All of the RB crew are Reason users first and foremost, we're just trying to find additional sources of revenue.
Well good on you - that's a fantastic looking (and sounding!) VST. Nice work, man! It's also cool to see design cues in a VST that clearly is influenced by Reason Rack Extension assets. Had you not told me this was a VST, I would have looked at it and figured it would look right at home in Reason's rack with those knobs and switches.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

buddard
RE Developer

13 Sep 2019

EnochLight wrote:
13 Sep 2019
buddard wrote:
10 Sep 2019

More like expansion! :P

All of the RB crew are Reason users first and foremost, we're just trying to find additional sources of revenue.
Well good on you - that's a fantastic looking (and sounding!) VST. Nice work, man! It's also cool to see design cues in a VST that clearly is influenced by Reason Rack Extension assets. Had you not told me this was a VST, I would have looked at it and figured it would look right at home in Reason's rack with those knobs and switches.
Thanks! Yeah, we took a lot of cues from Reason, for instance Shift to fine tune parameters, Ctrl/Cmd to reset them etc. But we also added some other things that are not possible in Reason, like multiple/arbitrary "snap points" on knobs, not just at the center position (see for example the Spread knob). And also that the mouse pointer disappears while you're turning a knob, then reappears at the same place when you release it. Drag to export MIDI feels pretty smooth also, I think!

buddard
RE Developer

13 Sep 2019

Some info about the crossgrade deal for AC-1 owners here!

Yonatan

16 Sep 2019

Keep my clapping fingers crossed that RS will allow VST3 and AU plugs inside the rack.

PhillipOrdonez

06 Aug 2020

Was checking a stream by disclosure making music and was happy to see robotic bean hand clap studio make an appearance and at some point he talked about how great it is. I hope you guys sell lots of these! :)

buddard
RE Developer

09 Aug 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
06 Aug 2020
Was checking a stream by disclosure making music and was happy to see robotic bean hand clap studio make an appearance and at some point he talked about how great it is. I hope you guys sell lots of these! :)
Yes, that was a really nice surprise! And we’ve definitely seen a spike in sales because of it. 😀

PhillipOrdonez

09 Aug 2020

buddard wrote:
09 Aug 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
06 Aug 2020
Yes, that was a really nice surprise! And we’ve definitely seen a spike in sales because of it. 😀
🕺

jwd606

10 Aug 2020

Ha, I've also watched the Disclosure stream, thought that Hand Clap Studio looks good, and this thread came up on the search.

• Information