Attach Reason's files.

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
mjxl

10 Sep 2019

Can you guys change the allowed extensions to include the files that Reason spits out ?
examples: .repatch, .cmb, .rsn, .reason etc etc :) this comes in handy when sharing single patch/song files etc.

Proboscis

10 Sep 2019

Having encountered the same issue recently when wanting to post a .cmb file, I just zipped it, and it uploads fine. At a guess I would say there are limitations in the core forum architecture to only accept commonly known file extensions.

mjxl

11 Sep 2019

I think any forum software has this functionality, quoted from phpBB's documentation:
You can further configure your board's attachments settings by controlling what file extensions attached files can have to be uploaded. It is recommended that you do not allow scripting file extensions (such as php, php3, php4, phtml, pl, cgi, py, rb, asp, aspx, and so forth) for security reasons. You can find this page by clicking Manage extensions once you're in the ACP.

To add an allowed file extension, find the ADD EXTENSION form on the page. In the field labeled EXTENSION, type in the file extension. Do not include the period before the file extension. Then, select the extension group that this new file extension should be added to via the EXTENSION GROUP selection menu. Then, click SUBMIT.

• Information