If you are passing on R11, what would/will you buy for $129/$249 instead ?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Faastwalker

02 Sep 2019

I'll put the money towards a new Eurorack module that I've got my eye on ;)

........ actually, got my eye on about 20! But that will be down to 19 soon if I skip this lackluster update.

Faastwalker

10 Sep 2019

...................... but I keep seeing these little Reason 11 videos Props are putting out & thinking, 'that looks good', 'that would be cool', 'that sounds nice'. So maybe after all .................. :-/

BRIGGS

10 Sep 2019

B I T C O I N

Homeless guy needs his mansion! :lol:
r11s

WeLoveYouToo

11 Sep 2019

i *will* put it towards my payment for a fractal audio FM3.
hardware to save me cpu and use for live performance.

this is the first update i will skip since 7

boingy

11 Sep 2019

WeLoveYouToo wrote:
11 Sep 2019
I never miss a chance to look up shiny new products/toys that get mentioned on these forums. I have to agree that the FM3 looks excellent but if you just heard a strange noise it was me falling off my chair when I saw the price. You'll need to skip quite a few versions of Reason to afford that! :shock:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2019

Was going to get IK Multimedia stuff in the 10 for 1 deal. Then I changed my mind. Instead I'm going to buy socks and pants.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Zac

11 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
11 Sep 2019
Was going to get IK Multimedia stuff in the 10 for 1 deal. Then I changed my mind. Instead I'm going to buy socks and pants.
One day at a time buddy. Stay strong :thumbs_up: ;)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2019

Zac wrote:
11 Sep 2019
MrFigg wrote:
11 Sep 2019
One day at a time buddy. Stay strong :thumbs_up: ;)
Haha. Love you man.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

11 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
11 Sep 2019
WeLoveYouToo wrote:
11 Sep 2019
I never miss a chance to look up shiny new products/toys that get mentioned on these forums. I have to agree that the FM3 looks excellent but if you just heard a strange noise it was me falling off my chair when I saw the price. You'll need to skip quite a few versions of Reason to afford that! :shock:
that’s in line with most other higher-end guitar floor modelers. the Line 6 Headrush is $1k, and so is the Boss GT-1000 (which I have). well-worth the cost if you need to have a variety of quality amp sounds and effects at your finger(okay, your toe)tips. putting together a pedalboard, you’d maybe get five or six boutique effects pedals for the same price, and if you need to buy an amp or the pedalboard itself, that probably comes down to between two and four decent pedals you could get (and you’d likely have to skimp on the amp).

the convenience of using an all-in-one multi effects like this can’t be overstated either. you can change your entire sound globally (different amps and multiple effects changes) in an instant, whereas with a traditional pedalboard, you can only toggle one pedal at a time in most cases. no one goes to a rock show to watch the guitarist tap dance. :lol:

it’s a lot of upfront cost, sure, but if you play a lot and need that kind of flexibility, it’s also a huge value.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

xbitz

11 Sep 2019

if u miss super simple, Loop Slicer - Ableton Live Style Sampler for your DAW

Freestyle € 129.00
Granite € 99.00
Nuance € 99.00
Vice € 99.00
Bundle Discount - € 197.00
Total € 229.00

https://www.newsonicarts.com/html/check ... tid=121023

:reason: :recycle: :re: :record: :refill: :rt:

WeLoveYouToo

12 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
11 Sep 2019
boingy wrote:
11 Sep 2019

that’s in line with most other higher-end guitar floor modelers. the Line 6 Headrush is $1k, and so is the Boss GT-1000 (which I have). well-worth the cost if you need to have a variety of quality amp sounds and effects at your finger(okay, your toe)tips. putting together a pedalboard, you’d maybe get five or six boutique effects pedals for the same price, and if you need to buy an amp or the pedalboard itself, that probably comes down to between two and four decent pedals you could get (and you’d likely have to skimp on the amp).

the convenience of using an all-in-one multi effects like this can’t be overstated either. you can change your entire sound globally (different amps and multiple effects changes) in an instant, whereas with a traditional pedalboard, you can only toggle one pedal at a time in most cases. no one goes to a rock show to watch the guitarist tap dance. :lol:

it’s a lot of upfront cost, sure, but if you play a lot and need that kind of flexibility, it’s also a huge value.
exactly.
i’ve already sold a few geetar pedals for about 70-100 bucks each that will become redundant.
plus r11 saves me another 129, so i already *have* about 500 towards it. that’s not too shabby.
not to mention i won’t have to haul my amp to shows anymore.
just feed directly into the mix console to the PA

ut what really made me decide to jump onboard now, is that amp modelli g tech has finally gotten good enough to be as good as the real thung. and once you factor in room variations and no benue having optimum acoustics, it makes no difference. i saw a vid of def leppard saying they converted to ax-fx instead of traditional amps and i was double sold. these fuckers rerecorded their older songs since they owned the songs, but not their old recordings, so that they could sell them online in the modern economy... and they nailed the exact tones. that’s more of a bonus story that just makes me feel better about buying it, but its entertaining to share.
Last edited by WeLoveYouToo on 12 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

geronimo

16 Sep 2019

Wood (willow) for my MPC 4000 !

• Information