NEW in the Shop: Virtual Drummer Rack Extensions – Successors of the A-List Drummer Series

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
QVprod
Posts: 2338
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 09 Sep 2019

Proboscis wrote:
09 Sep 2019

Is Reason Electric Bass also a uJam product ?
No. Thats just Propellerhead (Reason Studios), same as the Refill.

User avatar
Stygian Abyss
Posts: 14
Joined: 17 Jun 2019

Post 09 Sep 2019

QVprod wrote:
09 Sep 2019
Proboscis wrote:
09 Sep 2019

Is Reason Electric Bass also a uJam product ?
No. Thats just Propellerhead (Reason Studios), same as the Refill.
Exact, but it may use the Gorilla engine from uJam...

User avatar
QVprod
Posts: 2338
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 09 Sep 2019

Stygian Abyss wrote:
09 Sep 2019
QVprod wrote:
09 Sep 2019


No. Thats just Propellerhead (Reason Studios), same as the Refill.
Exact, but it may use the Gorilla engine from uJam...
I'm pretty sure it does. That's not the same as UJAM making it, nor does it imply similar behavior.

User avatar
Stygian Abyss
Posts: 14
Joined: 17 Jun 2019

Post 09 Sep 2019

QVprod wrote:
09 Sep 2019
Stygian Abyss wrote:
09 Sep 2019


Exact, but it may use the Gorilla engine from uJam...
I'm pretty sure it does. That's not the same as UJAM making it, nor does it imply similar behavior.
Of course. I'm just saying that if the bug comes from the Gorilla engine - and this is just an hypothesis - that would be a logic explanation to a similar faulty behavior in apparently unrelated plugins.

User avatar
QVprod
Posts: 2338
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 09 Sep 2019

Stygian Abyss wrote:
09 Sep 2019
QVprod wrote:
09 Sep 2019


I'm pretty sure it does. That's not the same as UJAM making it, nor does it imply similar behavior.
Of course. I'm just saying that if the bug comes from the Gorilla engine - and this is just an hypothesis - that would be a logic explanation to a similar faulty behavior in apparently unrelated plugins.
That’s what I meant by not implying similar behavior. Gorilla Engine isn’t limited to REs. Loopmasters Bassmaster uses it as well, and at least from a quick search I don’t see anyone having the same issue.

https://gorilla-engine.com/

User avatar
wendylou
Posts: 226
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Saint Joseph, MO

Post 10 Sep 2019

wendylou wrote:
08 Sep 2019
I submitted the "first beat not triggering" bug to UJAM.
I have determined that if you route a UJAM Virtual Drummer track to the ReGroove Mixer and set Slide to -10 ticks, the missing first beat will now trigger. Of course, if you happen to start from a clip, everything is shifted back -10 ticks, so you need to back up the play cursor accordingly. This is not a fix per se. but at least shows it can play that first beat. Still waiting for a permanent UJAM fix.
:PUF_balance: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

$(username)
Posts: 10
Joined: 22 Jul 2018

Post 10 Sep 2019

joeyluck wrote:
07 Sep 2019
$(username) wrote:
07 Sep 2019
Sorry, but this is BS. If they want my money then they have to make me a good offer. It's not my job to write begging letters to a sales department to get them to accept my money.
I do not follow... A good offer has been made. It is advertised publicly on the website and in the video.
I don't see any offers, neither in the video nor on the website but maybe I missed it. If you have a link that can actually be used to buy the advertised product upgrade for the advertised price then please share it with us. If you can't then there is no offer in the video or on the website.
joeyluck wrote:
07 Sep 2019
$(username) wrote:
07 Sep 2019
Another point is that I don't want to support this bad business practice that ties an upgrade access path for a customer to the permission to flood his inbox with ads.
Again, you do not need to have received the email to be eligible. This offer has been made public and it has been explained numerous times that if you didn't get a code via email, you can get it from customer support. If you did not receive a code via email because you opted out of email offers, you only need to contact Propellerhead customer support.
Again, I have not unsubscribed from receiving upgrade purchase permits. I've unsubscribed from getting flooded with advertising crap. These are two completely separate things for me. Bundling one to the other is just disgusting business practice in my book and I'm not going to encourage that even further by sending begging letters to sales departments until they graciously take my money.

For that matter. In the EU nobody is subscribed to a newsletter by default. People have to actively do something to explicitly subscribe to a newsletter. Active subscription as default setting is strictly prohibited and it has been this way for several years now. The fines for EU based companies are remarkable high and there is a reason for this. Considering a mechanism like this as the only upgrade opportunity for existing users is really weird from a business point of view as the outreach is really unpredictable. I'm not even talking about spam prevention systems and so on. The risk is very high that a potential customer never sees his upgrade opportunity. This isn't exactly what i would call a "public offer".

It could be so simple. The shop system already knows if a user is eligible to an upgrade or not. Just add the discount automatically at checkout and done. Easy money from me.

However, it seems like I'm the only one who finds it weird that customers have to write begging letters to a company to get the permission to buy something from them (especially for something simple as a 39€ upgrade).

WongoTheSane
Moderator
Posts: 1763
Joined: 14 Sep 2015
Location: Paris, France

Post 10 Sep 2019

$(username) wrote:
10 Sep 2019
blah blah blah
...unless they do just like everybody else in the world by offering promotions through a newsletter to entice people to subscribe to said newsletter.

Obviously, you're entitled. I mean, entitled to not lower yourself to drop a simple email to take advantage of the offer because you find the practice disgusting, and they are entitled to keep doing what they do if they so wish. You're offended because you wanted to be and abundantly whining in public so that everyone looks at you for your 15 minutes, they sell more because their business practices are sound, so it's a win-win in the end, isn't it?

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 6233
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 10 Sep 2019

$(username) wrote:
10 Sep 2019
I don't see any offers, neither in the video nor on the website but maybe I missed it. If you have a link that can actually be used to buy the advertised product upgrade for the advertised price then please share it with us. If you can't then there is no offer in the video or on the website.
It is mentioned in the video and the product pages that there are crossgrade options for owners of A-List Drummer products. They are unique codes per customer, so you need to get yours from Propellerhead/Reason Studios support.
$(username) wrote:
10 Sep 2019
Again, I have not unsubscribed from receiving upgrade purchase permits. I've unsubscribed from getting flooded with advertising crap. These are two completely separate things for me. Bundling one to the other is just disgusting business practice in my book and I'm not going to encourage that even further by sending begging letters to sales departments until they graciously take my money.
If you don't want advertisements for someone offering you something in exchange for money, that includes this. You've spent a lot of energy here pleading your case instead of just contacting support for your unique coupon code. All you have to do is send a simple email to retrieve the code. Others here have done it, it is painless, no begging involved.

User avatar
boingy
Posts: 791
Joined: 01 Feb 2019

Post 10 Sep 2019

joeyluck wrote:
10 Sep 2019
it is painless, no begging involved.
I'd make him beg. Harsh but true. :D

User avatar
Proboscis
Posts: 160
Joined: 28 Aug 2019

Post 10 Sep 2019

QVprod wrote:
09 Sep 2019
Stygian Abyss wrote:
09 Sep 2019


Exact, but it may use the Gorilla engine from uJam...
I'm pretty sure it does. That's not the same as UJAM making it, nor does it imply similar behavior.
It implies exactly that. Reason Bass refill is my go-to bass, and the 'first note' problem never happens. The issue identified earlier in the Rack Extension, as said, is built on the uJam engine. It's also exhibited on the uJam bass plugins and the uJam drum plugins. There is an absolute consistency of this occurrence between every product related to uJam builds.

User avatar
rgdaniel
Posts: 267
Joined: 07 Sep 2017

Post 10 Sep 2019

Proboscis wrote:
10 Sep 2019
Reason Bass refill is my go-to bass, and the 'first note' problem never happens.
It's happens to me, intermittently, as I noted earlier.

Assuming you mean the Reason Electric Bass rack extension.
It you actually mean the refill, that's an apples to oranges comparison.

User avatar
QVprod
Posts: 2338
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 10 Sep 2019

Proboscis wrote:
10 Sep 2019
QVprod wrote:
09 Sep 2019


I'm pretty sure it does. That's not the same as UJAM making it, nor does it imply similar behavior.
It implies exactly that. Reason Bass refill is my go-to bass, and the 'first note' problem never happens. The issue identified earlier in the Rack Extension, as said, is built on the uJam engine. It's also exhibited on the uJam bass plugins and the uJam drum plugins. There is an absolute consistency of this occurrence between every product related to uJam builds.
Every sample/loop based based RE since May of last year (2018) is based off of the Gorilla engine, as well as the Loopmasters plugin I mentioned. There aren't many of them, but the question would be if all of those products have the same bug. If so, then you would be correct. If it's only UJAM products, then not necessarily although it's their engine.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 2759
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 11 Sep 2019

Solid and Heavy are now added to the Backline Rig.

Soeno
Posts: 226
Joined: 09 Dec 2017

Post 11 Sep 2019

but not a free update, seems you can't update just now

User avatar
wendylou
Posts: 226
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Saint Joseph, MO

Post 15 Sep 2019

ujam-instruments wrote:
09 Sep 2019
gullum wrote:
07 Sep 2019
Don't know how to get in contact with you so I just quote you here
this bug are you aware of it

Thanks for letting us know, I forwarded it to the dev team. Rest assured, we’re looking into it.
How could such a glaring "first beat not triggering from track note" bug get missed prior to release? I hope it's fixable. At present, the REs are unusable.
:PUF_balance: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 6233
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 15 Sep 2019

wendylou wrote:
15 Sep 2019
ujam-instruments wrote:
09 Sep 2019


Thanks for letting us know, I forwarded it to the dev team. Rest assured, we’re looking into it.
How could such a glaring "first beat not triggering from track note" bug get missed prior to release? I hope it's fixable. At present, the REs are unusable.
From what I understand, there is a fix on the way :puf_smile:

User avatar
EnochLight
Posts: 5732
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: your mom

Post 15 Sep 2019

ujam-instruments wrote:
05 Sep 2019
Phew, I’m glad that it was an honest mistake. We put a lot of effort in those REs and hope that you like it :)
And your effort shows! I just wanted to mention how FANTASTIC these RE's look. Seriously - GREAT JOB! I feel they're probably the best looking RE's in the shop to date - a perfect blend of minimalist skeumorphism with a modern GUI/UX. Bravo!!!



Solid.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 | Reason 11 |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 and System 1 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

User avatar
Proboscis
Posts: 160
Joined: 28 Aug 2019

Post 15 Sep 2019

EnochLight wrote:
15 Sep 2019
And your effort shows! I just wanted to mention how FANTASTIC these RE's look. Seriously - GREAT JOB! I feel they're probably the best looking RE's in the shop to date - a perfect blend of minimalist skeumorphism with a modern GUI/UX. Bravo!!!

You don't think it's way too big ? That middle section, while I agree with you it does look nice, for a UI it's a whole lot of wasted space with functions that could be achieved with two knobs in the lower section. I would love to see both this section and the area with the keybeds foldable, in the same way Thor, Octorex and the RV7000 have sections that can be hidden.

User avatar
EnochLight
Posts: 5732
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: your mom

Post 15 Sep 2019

Proboscis wrote:
15 Sep 2019
You don't think it's way too big ?
Nope.
Proboscis wrote:
15 Sep 2019
That middle section, while I agree with you it does look nice, for a UI it's a whole lot of wasted space with functions that could be achieved with two knobs in the lower section.
I think it looks fantastic the way it is. There's no need to jam everything into 2 knobs in the lower section - the middle section invites you to tweak (and looks good).
Proboscis wrote:
15 Sep 2019
I would love to see both this section and the area with the keybeds foldable, in the same way Thor, Octorex and the RV7000 have sections that can be hidden.
I prefer it all in the open, easy to see and grab. This thing just invites you to play with it, IMHO.
Win 10 | Reason 11 |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 and System 1 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

User avatar
Proboscis
Posts: 160
Joined: 28 Aug 2019

Post 15 Sep 2019

To each their own. However foldable sections serve everyone's taste - those who like it big can leave it unfolded and those that don't can minimize the interface. Everybody wins.

User avatar
boingy
Posts: 791
Joined: 01 Feb 2019

Post 16 Sep 2019

The layout is perfect. All it needs is the ability to be dragged out of the rack into its own window that can be positioned and pinned anywhere. :twisted:

User avatar
gullum
Posts: 524
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Faroe Islands

Post 16 Sep 2019

here is a comparison of the to devices A-List and Virtual Drummer

there is almost no info on Virtual Drummer that is not shown on the A-list interface

the big middle section( from Virtual drummer) is all on the A-list
the top piano roll after a week most people will never have to look at it again because the know where everything is.

Image

User avatar
EnochLight
Posts: 5732
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: your mom

Post 16 Sep 2019

gullum wrote:
16 Sep 2019
here is a comparison of the to devices A-List and Virtual Drummer

there is almost no info on Virtual Drummer that is not shown on the A-list interface

the big middle section( from Virtual drummer) is all on the A-list
the top piano roll after a week most people will never have to look at it again because the know where everything is.
And yet, to my eyes the redesign looks leagues better than the old A-List look. Also, I disagree about the piano roll - with no way to reference it, I've always stumbled over the keys groups. Having it front and center at the top for easy reference is a stroke of genius, IMHO.
Win 10 | Reason 11 |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 and System 1 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

User avatar
gullum
Posts: 524
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Faroe Islands

Post 16 Sep 2019

EnochLight wrote:
16 Sep 2019

And yet, to my eyes the redesign looks leagues better than the old A-List look. Also, I disagree about the piano roll - with no way to reference it, I've always stumbled over the keys groups. Having it front and center at the top for easy reference is a stroke of genius, IMHO.
grate that we are not all the same and have different preferences but the A-list is designed to look like a tam or snare drum :D

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Bes, Electric-Metal and 4 guests