Simple Question: I just want to increase my input velocity

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Nos402

09 Sep 2019

I know this must be simple but I haven't figured it out just yet.

Basically I want to play "harder" without actually playing harder. So I just want my input velocities to be bumped up somehow so I can not bang the hell out of my KB but still get higher velocity sounds as if I were.

joeyluck

09 Sep 2019

I think the answer to your question would be that it needs to be done within your MIDI keyboard.

What are you using? Some keyboards have a velocity curve setting built-in. Others, like my Korg MicroKey have an editor app that I can use to adjust the velocity curve.

Otherwise there is an option such as this Player Rack Extension:
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... ompressor/

diminished
Competition Winner

09 Sep 2019

You could bump them up in the sequencer after you recorded, adjust your instrument to behave differently to your incoming MIDI data (in the velocity, amp or envelope section, whatever is available) or your could use a tool like https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... ompressor/ or https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... -computer/ to compress or offset the velocity.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

diminished
Competition Winner

09 Sep 2019

Tools like UTL and ChordBank can also override velocity.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

hurricane
Competition Winner

09 Sep 2019

I forgot who on here told me about this, but you can use a Note Echo and set the "step length" and "repeats" to their minimum values, and then increase the "velocity" knob to where it feels right for you.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Nos402

10 Sep 2019

hurricane wrote:
09 Sep 2019
I forgot who on here told me about this, but you can use a Note Echo and set the "step length" and "repeats" to their minimum values, and then increase the "velocity" knob to where it feels right for you.
YES! Thank you! I can't believe this is such an obscure thing. I was about to pay money for one of those other plugins but I think this is working great!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Sep 2019

hurricane wrote:
09 Sep 2019
Turns out it was this gang...
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7512064&hilit=Midi+compressor

:)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

10 Sep 2019

LOL. At least some of us remember :):)

hurricane
Competition Winner

10 Sep 2019

It was actually MJXL who first mentioned the Note Echo velocity trick when I was trying to get PX7 to sound like my DX7. :thumbs_up:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Sep 2019

hurricane wrote:
10 Sep 2019
It was actually MJXL who first mentioned the Note Echo velocity trick when I was trying to get PX7 to sound like my DX7. :thumbs_up:
Totally. Read the last post in that thread. Buddard and mjxl rock it!!! :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information