[Poll] What Was/is Your Favourite Reason Upgrade?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

What was/is your favourite Reason upgrade?

1%
1%
11%
Introducing Record
3%
5 - From Record/Reason
1%
5 - From Reason 4
4%
6 - Merging Record into Reason
22%
6 - Pay What You Want
5%
11%
3%
14%
15%
8%

Total votes: 73
dusan.cani

07 Sep 2019

For me, It was 2.0, 2.5, 4 and 10 + additional point updates (europa samples, workflow improvements, etc...)

stratatonic

07 Sep 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
06 Sep 2019
I remember seeing that picture. What was it for???
[/quote]

It was Hell Freezing Over with MIDI out.

stratatonic

07 Sep 2019

motuscott wrote:
06 Sep 2019
Upgraded from not having Reason to Reason 4.
Mind blown.
I suppose technically I went from Reason 3 (cracked - shhhh and thinking I would never play electric guitar again because of the Hell Spawn Guitar patch), to Reason4/Record. Audio Tracks in Reason! Mind Blown, hell yeah.
adfielding wrote:
06 Sep 2019
As an aside: I'm super fascinated by the history and development of Reason over the years, and I've been toying with putting together a bit of a retrospective video at some point. I still miss the cool boot-up/logo easter eggs from R1 :)
Looking forward to the video when you get around to it. I've never seen the boot-up/logo easter eggs at all.

groggy1

07 Sep 2019

I cried when Reason 9 came out with vst. Real tears of joy.

soroc sosta

07 Sep 2019

I voted v.11
If for nothing more than it looks like Propellerheads has comeback to the realization of their strength and that's being a solid creative & music making platform.
Hopefully their focus remains on creative & music making applications instead of proper DAW (not a dis) features.
It appears to be to much trouble to catch up with all of the requested features of their user base.
This release will be a bittersweet compromise as it may be the last time I am excited to upgrade Reason.
No longer curious as to what they are going to do next.....It actually seems like all DAWs are plateauing, really. :!: :?:

boingy

08 Sep 2019

CrunkNationEnt wrote:
07 Sep 2019
.It actually seems like all DAWs are plateauing,
Eh? Have you not been looking for the last year or so??? Bitwig and Live have woken up the whole industry. I don't recall a another time when DAWs were adding so much interesting stuff so quickly. Even dinosaurs like Cubase have got it going on.

Anyhow, I think it will be interesting to revisit this poll after the first couple of R11 point updates.

soroc sosta

08 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
08 Sep 2019
CrunkNationEnt wrote:
07 Sep 2019
.It actually seems like all DAWs are plateauing,
Eh? Have you not been looking for the last year or so??? Bitwig and Live have woken up the whole industry. I don't recall a another time when DAWs were adding so much interesting stuff so quickly. Even dinosaurs like Cubase have got it going on.

Anyhow, I think it will be interesting to revisit this poll after the first couple of R11 point updates.
Ew, I must have missed something in Bitwig, I feel like they nailed it (aside from bugs) on the first version. I must revisit.
TY for mentioning Cubase, it's my DAW of choice, but the only reason I updated from 8 to 10 is for the super sale the had this summer.
So you're right if you let 1-2 versions pass before you upgrade.

Faastwalker

08 Sep 2019

There have been some fantastic upgrades over the years. I remember how excited I was going from 1-2. Reason 4 was huge as well. But Record & Reason merging was the biggest for me. That was the point Reason was looking more like a serious DAW & could finally replace other required software completely .......... well, once it acquired MIDI-output. I think Reason merging with Record was the genesis of the 'MIDI-Out for Reason' un-official campaign. Jeez, that dragged on a bit. So when the announcement came that Reason was getting the EMI device I was really, really stoked. Once that version dropped I stopped using other DAWs altogether. So another huge update for me (although I don't recall which version that was. 8 or 9 I think! I should know that :-/ )

09 Sep 2019

Reason 2.5 - It represents the height of "Classic Reason" to me from a simpler era where people pushed the program to the limits with the small and elegant feature set.

Starting with version 3 everything started to get more complex and less tidy (starting with the new browser introduced in 3).

09 Sep 2019

6502 wrote:
09 Sep 2019
Reason 2.5 - It represents the height of "Classic Reason" to me from a simpler era where people pushed the program to the limits with the small and elegant feature set.

Starting with version 3 everything started to get more complex and less tidy (starting with the new browser introduced in 3).
Thinking back to this era put me in a really good mood. It made me think that I am now actually really looking forward to Reason 11 as a VST/AU. We will get back to the elegant simplicity of Reason.

diminished
Competition Winner

09 Sep 2019

Chaining 6 PEQ-2 wasn't very elegant, though..
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

stratatonic

10 Sep 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
07 Sep 2019
I'm assuming we're including all the point updates for each version.

I actually really liked this latest run with Reason 10.

Being able to create my own favorite lists of devices has sped up my workflow more than any other workflow feature. Highly underrated improvement that no one ever talks about.
Optimization (point update). This is definitely one of the best updates imo.
2 new big stock synths. Plus some extra samples and loops.
Like Joey mentioned earlier, how would each upgrade be graded if we didn't have the REs and VST support in Reason?

For sure, Reason 10 would have been MASSIVE! Looks like many users were jaded though, because by that time, a lot of folks had many free and paid plugins already, outside the walled garden of Reason. Instrument plugin fatigue.

(And not to be a downer on your enthusiasm for the favourites list of devices, but that should have been included with that half baked browser of Reason 8 right off the bat - definitely a useful feature).

ltbrunt00

10 Sep 2019

I voted Reason 9 mostly because of VST integration but merging Record into Reason was pretty right up there. I did famously only pay 1 dollar for the pay what you want mostly since I always upgrade with the $129.99 price tag.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Spryx

11 Sep 2019

In this order: 2.5>2>6.5
latest:

Raveshaper

11 Sep 2019

7, when we finally got a spectrum analyzer.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

• Information