Can you assign functions to MIDI notes from the sequencer?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Chizmata

07 Sep 2019

im on reason 5. the thing i want to do is trigger a matrix or redrums "run" with a MIDI note from the sequencer (not from a keyboard) or alternatively with a CV Signal. i cant find a way to do this, even though these buttons can easily be keyboard controlled via remote override, so it should be theoretically possible. it is not an option in the combinator and thors modulation matrix hasnt yielded success either. any help? thx.

WeLoveYouToo

09 Sep 2019

why not just enable the redrums in the sequencer?
if you are using the sequencer anyways what difference does it make?
i may just be misunderstanding the question though.

Proboscis

09 Sep 2019

As to part two, yes you can control with CV. See attached combinator I assembled for you. Using Malstrom's modulator as the signal source -

Matrix Pattern Enable routed to Rotary 1
Mod A of Malstrom (square wave) plugged in to Rotary 1 input
Rate of Mod A assigned to Rotary 2 to adjust to suit your song (tempo synced)
Matrix_on_off.zip
(1021 Bytes) Downloaded 31 times

Proboscis

09 Sep 2019

or you could just create an automation lane in the sequencer ;)

Chizmata

16 Sep 2019

totally forgot about this thread. there is actually a reason why i dont want to do it in the sequencer, has to do with my way of composition.

Yes i tried the "pattern enabled" CV control but its laggy af, about 1-2 16th on 120 bpm. it can also be done with simple gate information from the sequencer extracted by thor. but "run" control would've been better.

thx guys, but i guess i gotta stick with thors sequencer that can be CV triggered.

• Information