"ChordLine" Player from Tonicmint

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
PhillipOrdonez

14 Jun 2019

Vil wrote: ↑
14 Jun 2019
PhillipOrdonez wrote: ↑
14 Jun 2019
Wait, is the intro price finito?
Until 17th June $39.

And there is a typo in the article, the regular price is $59.
They should fix that! Some might buy it now if they knew about the intro price! 😱

Vil
RE Developer

17 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote: ↑
09 Jun 2019
Rumour Control: just poking about in TonicMint homepage. Check this out in the NoteLimiter description. ....wooooh !!!! InRange?? Something new coming?
http://tonicmint.com/rack-extensions/note-limiter/
:)

diminished
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2019

Bump because possible bug.

Could anyone please confirm that the activated "Set" reverts to default C# once you close Reason and open it again, although you saved the project file in a state where it's for example @Bb? Activated means it has the yellow bar on top.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel β€’α΄—β€’

Vil
RE Developer

02 Aug 2019

You couldnt save the state of the selected set. The dwfault is always the first, when the device initialized. Use the sequencer to set the desired set.... ;)

diminished
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2019

Thanks for the quick response, Vil.
Okay so you have to "play" the Set notes also like the styles in A-List devices. Good to know.
A workaround would be to paste the chords in the first Set, correct?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel β€’α΄—β€’

diminished
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2019

I was quite surprised when I opened my project today. It sounded like I was more than drunk yesterday :lol:

VIVIsect

05 Aug 2019

I just got the demo for this and I'm really loving it so far. I've tried tons of different chord generators and this one is undoubtedly the best. Super easy to use, and the fact that you're able to add or remove notes with just a click makes it incredibly useful for easily coming up with unique chords and voicings. Bummed that I missed the introductory sale. I'll definitely be grabbing this one if it goes on sale again (or if I end up becoming not so broke before then).

Vil
RE Developer

20 Aug 2019

VIVIsect wrote: ↑
05 Aug 2019
I just got the demo for this and I'm really loving it so far. I've tried tons of different chord generators and this one is undoubtedly the best. Super easy to use, and the fact that you're able to add or remove notes with just a click makes it incredibly useful for easily coming up with unique chords and voicings. Bummed that I missed the introductory sale. I'll definitely be grabbing this one if it goes on sale again (or if I end up becoming not so broke before then).
The time has come.... :)
Just check the shop now...

End Summer Sale on all Tonicmint products....
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/bro ... =Tonicmint

VIVIsect

21 Aug 2019

20 Aug 2019
VIVIsect wrote: ↑
05 Aug 2019

Just grabbed it. Thanks!

Stygian Abyss

22 Aug 2019

20 Aug 2019

Thank you Vil for this. I watched the ChordLine videos yesterday, I noticed a very nice assortment of classical composers scales (Ravel, Bartok...), but I don't remember having seen Olivier Messiaen's name. Maybe I missed him, but if it's not the case, his scales would be a nice addition to your library.

Vil
RE Developer

22 Aug 2019

Stygian Abyss wrote: ↑
22 Aug 2019
20 Aug 2019

Thank you Vil for this. I watched the ChordLine videos yesterday, I noticed a very nice assortment of classical composers scales (Ravel, Bartok...), but I don't remember having seen Olivier Messiaen's name. Maybe I missed him, but if it's not the case, his scales would be a nice addition to your library.
Sorry about the wrong capitalization of scale and scale group names.... did you check the last scale group?
:)
Probably in the next update I will reorganize the scale groups a little bit...

Vil
RE Developer

06 Sep 2019

A guy asked me: how can I create a patch for ChordLine for playing on Ab harmonic minor scale.
He would likes to play on this scale only with white keys on his keyboard.

I made a very short explanation, maybe useful for someone else also:
http://tonicmint.com/2019/09/how-to-cre ... nic-minor/

(of course, with downloadable example)

btw, my devices still are on sale... :)

netuno60

07 Sep 2019

06 Sep 2019
A guy asked me: how can I create a patch for ChordLine for playing on Ab harmonic minor scale.
He would likes to play on this scale only with white keys on his keyboard.

I made a very short explanation, maybe useful for someone else also:

(of course, with downloadable example)

btw, my devices still are on sale... :)
Hi Vil, thanx for this very useful post. I was wondering where should I place the repatch you gave us (zip file) so that they appear in the same place as the other ChordLine repatch. I'd like also to make other repatches for the other scales I want to play. Is it difficult??
Thanx very much!

Vil
RE Developer

08 Sep 2019

netuno60 wrote: ↑
07 Sep 2019
I was wondering where should I place the repatch you gave us (zip file) so that they appear in the same place as the other ChordLine repatch. I'd like also to make other repatches for the other scales I want to play. Is it difficult??
There are no recommanded way to achieve what you want..... (as I know)

https://help.propellerheads.com/hc/en-u ... d-ReFills-

http://www.reasonforums.com/showthread. ... Extensions

Usually I create a folder for refills and patches (ex: Documents\Reason\RefillsAndPatches), and then I collect my custom and downloaded patches to this folder.
In the Reason's browser I browse this folder from the MyComputer shortcut, and when i find it, with drag and drop feature a make a shortcut for this folder as a favorite folder.
In this way I could find quickly my custom and downloaded patches.

Quickly i just fin this:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7507497&hilit=browse+patch
but, probably you will find a better solution in another topic.

eusti

08 Sep 2019

08 Sep 2019

Usually I create a folder for refills and patches (ex: Documents\Reason\RefillsAndPatches), and then I collect my custom and downloaded patches to this folder.
In the Reason's browser I browse this folder from the MyComputer shortcut, and when i find it, with drag and drop feature a make a shortcut for this folder as a favorite folder.

Quickly i just fin this:
Or you could just put it into the factory folder for him when the device gets updated... ;)

D.

Vil
RE Developer

08 Sep 2019

eusti wrote: ↑
08 Sep 2019

Or you could just put it into the factory folder for him when the device gets updated... ;)
yes of course!

Btw this is a good point for ask the community:

If someone needs some patch for ChordLine, please ask, and if possible I will put it in the next ChordLine update!

And if someone made some patches for ChordLine, which is publishable as free patch, I could include them also as "signature patches".

I dont want to start an official "patch challenge" (yet), but I hope I can reward somehow the best submissions :)

netuno60

08 Sep 2019

08 Sep 2019
07 Sep 2019
I was wondering where should I place the repatch you gave us (zip file) so that they appear in the same place as the other ChordLine repatch. I'd like also to make other repatches for the other scales I want to play. Is it difficult??

Quickly i just fin this:
Thanx Vil, I understood your answer and it responds to my first question. I thought Reason had a folder where I could put these custom patches and they would appear from inside the RE like the native patches. But I understood that there isn't.
My second question was how do I make a custom patch file? A some_scale.repatch that serves me as I want.

I'd like to know how to do it.

Thanx in advance.

netuno60

08 Sep 2019

Hi Eusti,
You said: "Or you could just put it into the factory folder for him when the device gets updated... "

I'm sorry I'm a newbie and I didn't understand what does Factory fold means!
Can you explain to me please?

Thanx

Vil
RE Developer

08 Sep 2019

08 Sep 2019

My second question was how do I make a custom patch file? A some_scale.repatch that serves me as I want.

Thanx in advance.
Just follow the instructions as described here:

(choose different root and scale as you wish)

Rack Extensions usually contains a "Patch browser" control. You can find it in the top left corner of the ChordLine.
You will see four button on this: up and down arrow, a folder button and a floppy disk (save) button.
Press the the "floppy disk" icon (save icon), and the file save dialog appears. Enter a file name (this will be the patch name), choose a folder and save.

.... and then repatch file created.

Vil
RE Developer

08 Sep 2019

08 Sep 2019
Hi Eusti,
You said: "Or you could just put it into the factory folder for him when the device gets updated... "

Thanx
when you put a device to your rack, the Reason's browser automatically switched to the content what is delivered with the device. this is what Eusti mentioned.
when you put ChordLine to your rack, the Reason's browser automatically switched to the content what I made for it. If I made a new version for ChordLine, I can add more patches for it, so you can found this patch immediately in the browser....

netuno60

08 Sep 2019

08 Sep 2019
08 Sep 2019

Thanx in advance.
Just follow the instructions as described here:

(choose different root and scale as you wish)

Rack Extensions usually contains a "Patch browser" control. You can find it in the top left corner of the ChordLine.
You will see four button on this: up and down arrow, a folder button and a floppy disk (save) button.
Press the the "floppy disk" icon (save icon), and the file save dialog appears. Enter a file name (this will be the patch name), choose a folder and save.

.... and then repatch file created.
It's simply like that!?
Cool! I've already done some scales patches and put them at a folder in the Favorites.
Thanx for the valuable information Vil.

netuno60

08 Sep 2019

08 Sep 2019
08 Sep 2019
Hi Eusti,

Thanx
when you put a device to your rack, the Reason's browser automatically switched to the content what is delivered with the device. this is what Eusti mentioned.
when you put ChordLine to your rack, the Reason's browser automatically switched to the content what I made for it. If I made a new version for ChordLine, I can add more patches for it, so you can find this patch immediately in the browser....
Ok Vil, I've got it.
I was searching in the File Manager (Win10) for this Folder.
I was planning to put my custom patches there, but I couldn't find it in the Windows Directory.
Do you know where is it located in Windows?
Maybe this folder is prohibited or hidden for the user.

Thanx Vil.

netuno60

08 Sep 2019

...and by the way Vil, I've got both, ChordLine and Note Monitor.
They are very useful!
Although the Note Monitor keyboard could be a little bit bigger.

Vil
RE Developer

10 Sep 2019

08 Sep 2019
Yes it could be, but my goal was displaying the full range of MIDI notes from 0 to 127 at once, not just a partial view.
if a key were wider with 1 px, this device would not fit into the rack... :)

netuno60

11 Sep 2019

10 Sep 2019
08 Sep 2019
Yes it could be, but my goal was displaying the full range of MIDI notes from 0 to 127 at once, not just a partial view.
if a key were wider with 1 px, this device would not fit into the rack... :)
Yes, I thought that was your goal.
Maybe in a future version, you could offer a feature to allow the choice of the keyboard size. Fewer notes range, but bigger keys. Length and width.
Just an idea.

• Information