Europa Questions: LFO on/OffScrolling Envelope Presets

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Proboscis

07 Sep 2019

At the moment I am working on a combinator, and would like to achieve two things:

1. I have set Env4 to CV1 out to trigger functions in another device. Is there a way I can program a Combinator button to turn this on / off ? Or, is there another stock device I can use as a switching unit ?

2. I really want to assign a rotary knob to be able to change the envelope presets. If not, is there a similar stock device with as many waveforms ? Even better if I can plot my own. I can do this with Ammo, but as I'm planning to share the projects, I'm keeping everything in the box.

Proboscis

07 Sep 2019

as to question 2, I just discovered I can use Maelstrom's modulator curves, and assign it to a combinator rotary. Still, would be nice to have a device where I can draw my own, and have the same control.

Oh hey, and I can assign the on/off on Maelstrom too :D This thread ended fast.

mjxl

10 Sep 2019

You can set Button 1>4 to Performance modifiers (sustain, expression, aftertouch and breath) in Europa, then use those modifiers to scale the sigal :)

demo patch:
Combinator - EuropaCV Stuffz.zip
(4.44 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

Proboscis

10 Sep 2019

mjxl wrote:
10 Sep 2019
You can set Button 1>4 to Performance modifiers (sustain, expression, aftertouch and breath) in Europa, then use those modifiers to scale the sigal :)

Thanks for the patch, I'm not sure what it's doing but will examine the functionality later today with a CV analyzer. Anyway, I came up with something, while it doesn't scroll the 20 presets - and on further thought I suppose it won't since that window is a 'browser' of sorts. But I can at least control switching between the four user defined envelopes with the mod wheel (Env Select) and I can turn each Europa on & off by assigning the source amounts to a button, with the boundaries of 0 and 100

mjxl

10 Sep 2019

Proboscis wrote:
10 Sep 2019
mjxl wrote:
10 Sep 2019

Thanks for the patch, I'm not sure what it's doing but will examine the functionality later today with a CV analyzer. Anyway, I came up with something, while it doesn't scroll the 20 presets - and on further thought I suppose it won't since that window is a 'browser' of sorts. But I can at least control switching between the four user defined envelopes with the mod wheel (Env Select) and I can turn each Europa on & off by assigning the source amounts to a button, with the boundaries of 0 and 100
It's doing nothing really. I just added pulsar as a visual representation of each envelope, no need for a CV analyzer ;)

• Information