Is AmpliTube better than Pod Farm

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Sep 2019

I’m asking because I’m at work, can’t test it and I’m impatient. I’ve got Pod Farm Platinum and I hate it. AmpliTube 4 looks and sounds great in the videos I’ve watched but just thought I’d ask here in case anyone can tell me different. Thanks as always :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

stratatonic

07 Sep 2019

Is this because of the 100 for 1 deal at IK Multimedia??...

I never liked the presets with Amplitube - the guitars always sounded phase-y somehow with the dual amp setups. Build your own single amps and pan yourself in sequencer, imo.

I like the effects in Amplitube more than the amps (which all seem to have WAY TOO MUCH REVERB on the Reverb knob - you can't go past ONE on the dial or you are awash with rev) altough the FX always seem to start LOUD with more gain then they should.

I just went to the IK site and noticed that Ampitube 4 has 10 stomp FX. They must have changed over the last few years beacuse I have Amplitube 4 and it looks like I have 4 dozen+ FXs. Looks like they expect you to browse the Custom Shop and spend more money on other stuff. The 10 included stomps are generic, although I see that there is an Acoustic Sim FX included which I do not have. (I also have not updated my Amplitube 4 for years as I hate IK Auth - I just always had problems with it and I didn't want the added bloat of extra ampls Fx cabs with each "update" that i will never use anyways)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Sep 2019

stratatonic wrote:
07 Sep 2019
Is this because of the 100 for 1 deal at IK Multimedia??...

I never liked the presets with Amplitube - the guitars always sounded phase-y somehow with the dual amp setups. Build your own single amps and pan yourself in sequencer, imo.

I like the effects in Amplitube more than the amps (which all seem to have WAY TOO MUCH REVERB on the Reverb knob - you can't go past ONE on the dial or you are awash with rev) altough the FX always seem to start LOUD with more gain then they should.

I just went to the IK site and noticed that Ampitube 4 has 10 stomp FX. They must have changed over the last few years beacuse I have Amplitube 4 and it looks like I have 4 dozen+ FXs. Looks like they expect you to browse the Custom Shop and spend more money on other stuff. The 10 included stomps are generic, although I see that there is an Acoustic Sim FX included which I do not have. (I also have not updated my Amplitube 4 for years as I hate IK Auth - I just always had problems with it and I didn't want the added bloat of extra ampls Fx cabs with each "update" that i will never use anyways)
Thanks man. Good info. The acoustic sim thing was one of the first things that caught my eye actually but why the hell wouldn’t I just mic up an acoustic instead hahaha :). Nah...once again, sale fever. But it is a whole load of gear for the money. Especially if I buy Amp4 from Thomann for €140.
Arsch!!! I’ve got all the Kuassa stuff. How much more do I need? You’ve probably saved me a few quid. Thanks again man :). Appreciate you answering.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

NekujaK

07 Sep 2019

Amplitube used to be one of the better guitar rig sims available, primarily because there was very little competition and it offered a relatively large selection of gear. But amp modelling technology has come a long way since Amplitube 4 was originally released, and there are better choices nowadays. My biggest issue with Amplitube is the brittle top end. Some of the expansions, like Fender 2, are pretty good, but the core package doesn't cut it for me anymore.

Some great amp sims to check out are:
- Waves PRS amps (sound amazing)
- Plugin Alliance
- Mercuriall
- Overloud TH-U
- Scuffman S-Gear
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

reggie1979

07 Sep 2019

But I still like Amplitube over all those.

However, I have the British collection and the Fender collection and a very terrific set of stomp pedals (the OCD, Wampler, the new BW treble booster) and that can make the difference.

The "red pig" cabinet is by far my weapon of choice.

• Information