Post one of your most experimental tracks

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Sep 2019

Doesn't have to be super weird, could just be a song where you tried something new that you normally wouldn't do.
Also explain what you did that was experimental to you, so that we all know what to listen for.

If you post a track, try to also comment on one or two other tracks in the thread. Could be super short, a few words, just something.

Of course anyone can comment, even if you don't post a song yourself.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Sep 2019

I'll post this one I did fairly recently.
I tried many weird things here. Here's a few of them.

First of all, all the sounds are processed with CrapRE 2. That's weird enough as it is. :D
The whole track is a weird mix of genres/influnces. It became some sort of metal/electronic/fusion hybrid thing. The beat (kick and snare) almost has a Raggaton feel, but together with the super fast 16 note rhythms underneath it almost sounds more like metal drumming. Also for some reason I threw in some flutey lead sound. That doesn't make any sense at all.
Instead of cymbals I used a huge slamming/explosion sound effect. The "guitar solos" are really synths played through Kuassas Creme amp.

gullum

06 Sep 2019

That wild och cracy is cool. industrial metal maybe

It is one of my most experimental tracks ever it is inspired by flight of the bumblebee

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Sep 2019

gullum wrote:
06 Sep 2019
That wild och cracy is cool. industrial metal maybe

It is one of my most experimental tracks ever it is inspired by flight of the bumblebee

Cool. I can definitely hear the bumblebee influence. Lots of that cromatic stuff.

MarkTarlton

06 Sep 2019

this one is pretty experimental :)

MarkTarlton

06 Sep 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
06 Sep 2019
this reminds me of something in a video game from the late 80's, especially when the melody enters :)

jam-s

06 Sep 2019

I think this track of mine is pretty experimental as I used lots of bitcrushing and even samples of elephants:

https://demozoo.org/music/38911/

MannequinRaces

07 Sep 2019

Cool thread. I'm really enjoying listening to everyones tracks. The weirder the better. :) Here's a track of mine. The entire short song is based around a sample of my dish washer.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Sep 2019

MarkTarlton wrote:
06 Sep 2019

this one is pretty experimental :)
Sounds like you had fun with this one.
Even though it's kind of out there, it's still kind of restrained when it comes to the instrumentation (not a bad thing). Bass and chords are on the softer/smoother side sound wise. That's pretty nice actually.

WarStar

07 Sep 2019

Here's sn experimental track. Fairly basic, sample is from Jim Jones. There's some obvious preset use in the song. Ok

Listen to Blood.Rush.Savage. by warstar on #SoundCloud

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Sep 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
07 Sep 2019
Cool thread. I'm really enjoying listening to everyones tracks. The weirder the better. :) Here's a track of mine. The entire short song is based around a sample of my dish washer.

Cool. That's a pretty good sounding dish washer you've got there.
Reminds me of an old Björk song. Can't remember the name though.

guitfnky

07 Sep 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
07 Sep 2019

that’s really cool. seems sad to me, somehow. it reminds me a little of John Frusciante’s first solo album for some reason (which is an awesome thing, in my book). 👍🏼
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

dhruan

07 Sep 2019

Single synth experimentation from waaaaaay back (done in R4). It says Thor on the description but I think it was actually Maelstrom or Subtractor... need to dig that track up and see if I could work that into something new with a bit of melody. #noise #experimental
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Sep 2019

Just a quick reminder to everybody posting their tracks.
Don't forget to leave a short comment on someone elses track.

WarStar

07 Sep 2019

Really liked everyones so far

Tritone, wicked track! That jungle like snare sounds good!

guitfnky

07 Sep 2019

I feel like there are lots of weird moments in my tunes, but I like the subtle weirdness of this one. I think this was the first thing I did using Players, and I was pretty happy with how it turned out. I played around with the structure a little too, which might not seem odd on a surface listen.

r1381

08 Sep 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
07 Sep 2019

love this, man!
was looking at your soundcloud.........you are from troy? you don't mean troy, ohio do you?

r1381

08 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
07 Sep 2019
I feel like there are lots of weird moments in my tunes, but I like the subtle weirdness of this one. I think this was the first thing I did using Players, and I was pretty happy with how it turned out. I played around with the structure a little too, which might not seem odd on a surface listen.

i like this. for some reason, it makes me think of the vocalist from red hot chili peppers. that you singing?

guitfnky

08 Sep 2019

r1381 wrote:
08 Sep 2019
guitfnky wrote:
07 Sep 2019

i like this. for some reason, it makes me think of the vocalist from red hot chili peppers. that you singing?
thanks! yep, that’s me. RHCP were a huge influence on me, growing up, so I guess it’s not surprising it’s seeped into my own music. :)

motuscott

08 Sep 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
07 Sep 2019

I'm hearing some T Waits. Always a good thing...
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

MannequinRaces

08 Sep 2019

r1381 wrote:
08 Sep 2019
MannequinRaces wrote:
07 Sep 2019

love this, man!
was looking at your soundcloud.........you are from troy? you don't mean troy, ohio do you?
Thanks! Yep. Troy, OH. That’s where I am.

r1381

08 Sep 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
08 Sep 2019
r1381 wrote:
08 Sep 2019

love this, man!
Thanks! Yep. Troy, OH. That’s where I am.
me, too! damn small world.

rorystorm

06 Oct 2019

Six longform drone tracks I made with R 2.5 a few years ago.

Influenced by Eliane Radigue. Oh, you don't know who that is? DO YOUR HISTORY.

sdst
Competition Winner

06 Oct 2019

mine, a bunch of matrix and cv tuner

artotaku

06 Oct 2019

These are some older unfinished tracks where I tried to do styles I don´t go for normally to step out of the comfort zone. Well, after listening to them today after a long time I´m quite surprised that it´s even quite enjoyable ;-) (and it has been the time where we had no Rack Extensions!).

• Information