NEW in the Shop: Virtual Drummer Rack Extensions – Successors of the A-List Drummer Series

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
geronimo

06 Sep 2019

GRB wrote:
05 Sep 2019
Please let me know if you now see in the store a 2.0.1 upgrade for $19 just for the Heavy drums.
I don't know if this is an error but I just bought the Bundle benefiting from the discount code since I had the previous Bundle A-List Drummer.
I did not charge anything and I am offered a paid update version 2.01 for the Virtual Drummer Phat! Is this an error or is it the normal policy on the part of UJAM and Propellerhead?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Sep 2019

geronimo wrote:
06 Sep 2019
GRB wrote:
05 Sep 2019
Please let me know if you now see in the store a 2.0.1 upgrade for $19 just for the Heavy drums.
I don't know if this is an error but I just bought the Bundle benefiting from the discount code since I had the previous Bundle A-List Drummer.
I did not charge anything and I am offered a paid update version 2.01 for the Virtual Drummer Phat! Is this an error or is it the normal policy on the part of UJAM and Propellerhead?

I wouldn’t worry. It’s happened before with other RE updates. It’ll get fixed soon.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

geronimo

06 Sep 2019

This allows you to know that an update is available for this Drummer Phat: what is it corrected ?

boingy

06 Sep 2019

They appear to be selling us the same thing twice and calling it an upgrade.

Ahornberg

06 Sep 2019

What exactly are the differences?
I wasn't able to figure that out. :?

joel

06 Sep 2019

I bought the virtual drummer Bundle ,benefiting from the discount code : i paid 39€ and i have all the Re in version 2,01 but it's always considered as a trial, impossible to change the situation;, i can download the RE but only as a trial, ( i choose the trial before buying)
if i go to the page of the Re, they ask me 19€ for an update than i have already
i dont understand, they dont considere i bought the bundle but i see the orders in my orders page

ShelLuser

06 Sep 2019

ujam-instruments wrote:
05 Sep 2019
The newsletters have gone out, the codes are coming :)
Thanks for the heads up. Nothing in my mail but I just noticed that I disabled the subscription because I'm usually not interested in spam. Still weird that they didn't sent it to me anyway considering that those codes are supposed to be personal, and I do own all 3 A-List drum devices. Time to open a ticket I guess...

(edit)... Even better... It seems the website already noticed that I own the previous bundle and I get a E 100 discount automagically. 3 for the price of one is a good deal IMO <grabs> :cool:
--- :reason:

joeyluck

06 Sep 2019

Hey everybody,

A couple things:

- If you own any of the A-List Drummer Rack Extensions, and you haven't gotten a discount code from Propellerhead (whether or not you think you are subscribed to receive emails) contact Propellerhead support. They have your purchase records—they can get you sorted out.

- The 2.0.1 update thing is weird. The version released yesterday was 2.0.1. No, if you've purchased the UJAM Drummers, you should not be seeing a prompt to upgrade for an additional $19. Please contact Propellerhead support.

https://help.propellerheads.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Proboscis

06 Sep 2019

ShelLuser wrote:
06 Sep 2019
ujam-instruments wrote:
05 Sep 2019
The newsletters have gone out, the codes are coming :)
Thanks for the heads up. Nothing in my mail but I just noticed that I disabled the subscription because I'm usually not interested in spam. Still weird that they didn't sent it to me anyway considering that those codes are supposed to be personal, and I do own all 3 A-List drum devices. Time to open a ticket I guess...

(edit)... Even better... It seems the website already noticed that I own the previous bundle and I get a E 100 discount automagically. 3 for the price of one is a good deal IMO <grabs> :cool:
Why didn't you wait for the response ? The crossgrade price for owners of all three A-List plugins is only $39, so you paid sixty too much. I'm sure they will make amends if you follow this up, and retrospectively apply the code, then refund you accordingly

I got in touch and they generated a code for me.... told me that I didn't receive it because I'm not subbed to their newsletter. This is no way to manage email lists, but unfortunately that's how it is. When you opt out of newsletters, you get nothing, even if it's relevant to purchases you've made in the past

RobBarnett

06 Sep 2019

Just got Phat and Heavy - does anyone else have a problem where the first hit is missing from the loops during playback.?
To check i wasnt doing anything stupid I created a midi clip and it plays fine with Studio Drummer but when I copy to a Phat or Heavy track (the same clip, quantised with legato) the first beat is missing each time the midi note changes?????

geronimo

06 Sep 2019

The Studio Drummer series had the same problem; I think that should not be long before being corrected .

$(username)

06 Sep 2019

joeyluck wrote:
06 Sep 2019
Hey everybody,

A couple things:

- If you own any of the A-List Drummer Rack Extensions, and you haven't gotten a discount code from Propellerhead (whether or not you think you are subscribed to receive emails) contact Propellerhead support. They have your purchase records—they can get you sorted out.
That's what I don't understand. The shop has my purchase records. It shows me exactly what I've bought and on every RE's detail site I see wheter I've already bought it or not. The shop system even gets the bundles right where I've bought the items individually over the years.

Still the only way to get a fair upgrade price for things I've spent a lot of money on in the shop is through a code hidden in a newsletter that you have to explicitly opt in for (automatic opt in is prohibited in the EU). This means that we only get fair upgrade prices if we explicitly allow Reason Studios to constantly fill your inbox with advertising crap mails. WTF?

geronimo

06 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
06 Sep 2019
I wouldn’t worry. It’s happened before with other RE updates. It’ll get fixed soon.
Yes; update is now free _

joeyluck

06 Sep 2019

$(username) wrote:
06 Sep 2019
joeyluck wrote:
06 Sep 2019
Hey everybody,

A couple things:

That's what I don't understand. The shop has my purchase records. It shows me exactly what I've bought and on every RE's detail site I see wheter I've already bought it or not. The shop system even gets the bundles right where I've bought the items individually over the years.

Still the only way to get a fair upgrade price for things I've spent a lot of money on in the shop is through a code hidden in a newsletter that you have to explicitly opt in for (automatic opt in is prohibited in the EU). This means that we only get fair upgrade prices if we explicitly allow Reason Studios to constantly fill your inbox with advertising crap mails. WTF?
Like myself and others have said, just contact Propellerhead support. Others have done so and they've gotten their discount codes.

The discount opportunities are advertised and available to owners of any A-List Drummer RE. And even though it is a really great deal, it is still a form of a sale, and no company who you have unsubscribed from should be sending you emails about sales in any shape or form. You opted out of that. It doesn't mean that you don't qualify for the discount code, it just means you have to contact Propellerhead to get it.

ShelLuser

07 Sep 2019

Proboscis wrote:
06 Sep 2019
Why didn't you wait for the response ? The crossgrade price for owners of all three A-List plugins is only $39, so you paid sixty too much. I'm sure they will make amends if you follow this up, and retrospectively apply the code, then refund you accordingly
Time retrains (unfortunately I can only work during the weekends right now) and a wee bit of impatience I suppose. And well, I'm not worried. I'm sure that I'll get my moneys worth out of this eventually. This is good stuff and can save you plenty of time, money well spent IMO.
--- :reason:

gullum

07 Sep 2019

There is a bug when using it as a Virtual drummer

A-List Studio vs, Virtual Drummer Solid
here is A-List and Virtual Drummer playing one after the other first is A-list then Virtual one bar at a time and you will hear that they sound very much the same but second bar (that is Virtual Drummer) miss first beat
Just so you know it is suppose to be a kick on every 4 beat all the way through but the first is missin when using VD

ljekio

07 Sep 2019

ujam-instruments wrote:
05 Sep 2019
Can I have one more Q although I'm not sure you are allowed to answer that - your new devices don't sport the same "virtual hardware" look anymore like the "old" A-list stuff or even Propellerhead's own recent(ish) Reason Drum Kits or Reason Electric Bass. They're actually closer in style and aesthetic to Reason 11's new Quarter, Sweeper or Scenic devices.

Is this a change in Reason Studios' guidelines for GUIs?
There’s no kind of GUI guideline by Reason Studios. We wanted our REs to look like our VSTs though.
I dislike when vst-design bring into a pure Reason rack. Am I the only one so weird?

Ahornberg

07 Sep 2019

ljekio wrote:
07 Sep 2019
ujam-instruments wrote:
05 Sep 2019

There’s no kind of GUI guideline by Reason Studios. We wanted our REs to look like our VSTs though.
I dislike when vst-design bring into a pure Reason rack. Am I the only one so weird?
:thumbs_up:

future-bit

07 Sep 2019

Last edited by future-bit on 07 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

tiker01

07 Sep 2019

future-bit wrote:
07 Sep 2019
ljekio wrote:
07 Sep 2019
I agree. I do not want to see VST in Reason. I love Reason for the look of a real studio with real knobs and buttons.
I get where you are coming from. A few 3D knobs could make it blend in a bit more. Still I like theodern interface.

I tried think two new effect devices in Reason 11 are good examples of a fresh look still preserving a real life device feeling.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

boingy

07 Sep 2019

Some of you guys are weird.

gullum

07 Sep 2019

the design is so out of place for a RE, but I don't mind because I use RE's for sound not to look at, but it is just so much away from any other RE the faders are just arrows took me a few seconds to figure out they were faders. but now I know :D

Belltunes

07 Sep 2019

I received the virtual drummer email with a coupon code for the cross grade. I entered it at the point of purchase and I receive a 'code not valid' error. Has this happened to anyone else? Contact propellerhead I presume.

QVprod

07 Sep 2019

Proboscis wrote:
06 Sep 2019
The Heavy plugin says 60 musical styles. I counted Reason's Power Drummer, which has 55 source patches. Since each piece of kit on the A-List have their own audio outputs, I can build an FX suite in combination with the 14:2 mixer. A build-once combinator for all future use, and gain controls right in the oldschool mixer. This would more or less replicate the feature options in the new one, wouldn't it ? And allow for greater FX customization than simply the six onboard options.

Therefore, all one is paying for is 5 extra styles, and a much larger GUI - am I correct in saying this ?

It's a low-ish price for those of us who own all three, but I'm trying to establish the value (that is, the value for me - others will have their own justifications to crossgrade)
There's also the ability to now mix and match pieces of each kit instead of being stuck with the 5 kits as is in the A-List versions.
future-bit wrote:
07 Sep 2019
ljekio wrote:
07 Sep 2019
I agree. I do not want to see VST in Reason. I love Reason for the look of a real studio with real knobs and buttons.
I understand this to a degree, but there are some things that work better (GUI wise) when not being forced to look like a real rack device. Besides, there's no drummers in real racks anyway right?

joeyluck

07 Sep 2019

They look like rack devices to me :)

The bottom portion is hard controls and the top is an interactive display. We've been using touch displays in hardware for years now. Does it look like a rack device from the 80s? Probably not. Seems like a hardware device I could see at NAMM this year that would create lots of excitement and I would think, "That looks fun and expensive."

I really like it.

• Information